Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-21 08:45AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

First of all ML, I thought you only body shamed the women curlers.....and he's at least 6'4" or 5".... 2nd, it wasn't Moskowy that called the hero shot for 3 straight steals...worst one was last shot in 10. Running the guard in against 2 and the loss, vs a heavy draw tap around a very high guard for the win, or worst case only give up one and go an extra, all on Dunstone.

The team needs a wise sage to step in and tell them better a call that keeps them in the game rather than pushing all the chips in against a flush.

Agree,a coach instead of a psychologist

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-21 09:31AM
fresca is online now Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Wrote a note to bell today

Dear bell ,
I am paying you $500 fr ph int cable sat etc at my 2 residences

Only use it 2 monthsat one of them ...

This past year tv has been mostly 20 year old repeats and my cottage internet is .o25

Lets make a deal

Ill kkep paying but you have to drop the ridiculous repetitive scottie dog ad - and allow the first 4 rocks to be shown in full screen - put your logo up in the left cornor

You do do realize ( not) that of the 700,000 viewers all are old and 95% in mb are signed up to bell and will croak before they switch

I wondered why you were emailing my bill the last few months - got your email last week saying apr 1 all bills to be emailed

Waiting for a friend to report on musk net - starlink 129/m

03-07-21 09:44AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

If Ryan "Rabble-rouser" Fry was still with Jacobs, I suspect they would have disbanded on the spot after allowing Manitoba to escape from a worm hole last nite!

Felt good for Mike & Reid as they deployed their individual positions to hang in the game after Kennedy had "put the game on the line" to guote Kennedy.

Gonna have to call Mike McDini if he continues to to display escapes like that.

And the best thing - the normally uptight and tighter than a boiled Owl McEwen looked looser than a goose in a papoose.

Brad Jacobs, The Brush Brothers & Marc Kennedy seldom let their prisoners escape - but last nite was a full out PRISON BREAK.

03-07-21 09:55AM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
the ice really iscrap this year just like it was at the scotties. commentators to scared to say anything but im almost positive i heard kennedy or someone on northern ontario mumble something about it last night

Actually, last night, heard Bottcher mutter "This ice is crap!" BTW, no sour grapes this time. He won that game!

03-07-21 11:39AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The problem is that most of these guys have been spoiled rotten with near perfect ice for years. When there's a rare occurrence it's not perfect out come the complaints. The team that is able to interpret and adapt will not be complaining.
If your team is able to figure out the ice first, much better chance of winning, with no complaints

03-07-21 12:55PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

yeah but at the same time if the ice is bad then people have every right to say so. and this ice is bad

03-07-21 01:16PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:
yeah but at the same time if the ice is bad then people have every right to say so. and this ice is bad

Yah it's funny cuz when Russ played he never had a problem calling bad ice bad ice. But as an announcer he never does. The icemakers are always "the best". I don't think you need to dump all over them but they are professionals getting paid to do this because they are supposed to be the best and when they are off it needs to be mentioned.

03-07-21 01:25PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:
The problem is that most of these guys have been spoiled rotten with near perfect ice for years. When there's a rare occurrence it's not perfect out come the complaints. The team that is able to interpret and adapt will not be complaining.
If your team is able to figure out the ice first, much better chance of winning, with no complaints

Excellent point, the playing field is the same for both sides. Figure it out better and don't let it get in your head and your chances of winning go way up. Most pro golfers can shoot low in perfect conditions, when it gets windy and wet that's when the guy who is mentally tougher and has more shotmaking ability rises to the top.

03-07-21 02:04PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Was the ice bad during the Scotties? Has it changed? Or are there just some whiny players out on the ice for this event. Figure it out. duh. Sure, it might not be traditional arena ice, but it isn't a Roseland one-sheeter au natural, either. These curlers brag about knowing how to adapt their throws and sweeping to fudge, loss of pebble and swing. So, beat your opponent at that game. The "not-my-fault" whimpers do not beckon pity. Look at the advantage all of these rinks will have at the worlds - same ice (improved or crappy). They have a big benefit. It should be called "interesting ice", not bad ice.

03-07-21 02:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Was the ice bad during the Scotties? Has it changed? Or are there just some whiny players out on the ice for this event. Figure it out. duh. Sure, it might not be traditional arena ice, but it isn't a Roseland one-sheeter au natural, either. These curlers brag about knowing how to adapt their throws and sweeping to fudge, loss of pebble and swing. So, beat your opponent at that game. The "not-my-fault" whimpers do not beckon pity. Look at the advantage all of these rinks will have at the worlds - same ice (improved or crappy). They have a big benefit. It should be called "interesting ice", not bad ice.

oh, it was bad during the scotties too. thats for sure

03-07-21 02:12PM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Doesn't just happen at this level. I'm sure there are complaints at every club when the ice isn't at it's optimal condition, sometimes even it is!

03-07-21 02:30PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Had to go out before the game ended...how the heck did ON score 5 vs NS

03-07-21 03:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

ontario stones were piling up in the house in the final end while it was relatively clean ouit front mcdonald attemtped a freeze on his last but bounced up when there were 4 ontario stones in the house. john made the nose hit and counted 5

03-07-21 03:45PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

When the game is tied coming home, any score between 1-8 is not surprising.

03-07-21 04:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I do know that everyone plays on the same ice and yes everyone has to and should be able to adapt. that doesnt change the fact that its bad ice. commentators can make excuses all they want but this is just not a good surface. not up to the standards were used to seeing at the national championship and worlds. I mean, we are seeing the best teams in the world at times be afraid to draw or to uncertain to draw, opting to hit . that shouldnt be happening

03-07-21 06:29PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Hey all - I have a ridiculous question from the states.

We’ve got some Tim Hortons down here, but I’m not aware of their marketing campaigns. Most of the TSN commercials get cut out here, but during the scotties their campaign seemed to be “our coffee doesn’t suck anymore.” Now during the Brier it’s “our sandwiches don’t suck anymore.” Is this a new commercial campaign? Tim Hortons doesn’t suck anymore???

03-07-21 06:40PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters

We’ve got some Tim Hortons down here, but I’m not aware of their marketing campaigns. Most of the TSN commercials get cut out here, but during the scotties their campaign seemed to be “our coffee doesn’t suck anymore.” Now during the Brier it’s “our sandwiches don’t suck anymore.” Is this a new commercial campaign? Tim Hortons doesn’t suck anymore???

Timmys, like most franchise coffee/donut/sammich places is having trouble controlling their Canadian market. Their coffee is average (at best) and over-priced. Donuts are pre-cooked at head office for shipment to their stores.

Tim Hortons inside my Safeway in hi-population dense area of Winnipeg gonna close in 2 weeks (partly covid but more market share)

Lots of micro-biz cafes opening in recent times. Yes, their coffee prices are higher than Timmys (by 10%, up to 33% more) but they're homegrown, have a local on-site owner you can bitch to and have their own unique systems for sweets & sandwiches.

After Timmys got unionized, prices went out of control. You'd think a massive outfit like Timmys could stave off competition but quality control is their major bugaboo. Innovation in store set-up and customer enjoyment also suffer.

Wouldn't be surprised if they shut down 20% or more of Canadian stores within next six to nine months and a goodly portion of their American markets.

I've got a new place around the corner that set up inside an apartment building called MONUTS - they take most of the poisonous sugar out of their donuts but the punch-line is $3.50 to $4.25 donuts (each NOT for six)

03-07-21 07:57PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Wild. We’ve got the fancy donut places here, as well as the Dunkin Donuts. The Tim Hortons didn’t really grab on until the Blue Jackets started televising hockey games up here.

Which is wild because when I was a little lad we got Leafs games on CBC over the air because the signal carried over Lake Erie. Turns out Cleveland likes hockey. Who knew?

Anyway back on topic. Yeah, the men look off, but I don’t think they look more off than the women. I remember Anderson whiffing an easy one in game one, as well as generally crap play early on in the scotties too. I suspect it’ll be the same old same old at the end, just like the scotties. SK and WC and QC looked great then it was playoff time and it was Jones, Homan, and Einarson just like we all could have guessed (plus Walker in that McCarville/Walker/Silvernagle extra spot that goes to some other team).

I’ll believe it’s different when it happens, but until then I’m assuming it’ll be the same ol Koe, Gushue, and Bottcher with some Other almost as good team in the extra spot jockeying for third.

03-07-21 08:38PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Wild. We’ve got the fancy donut places here, as well as the Dunkin Donuts. The Tim Hortons didn’t really grab on until the Blue Jackets started televising hockey games up here.

Which is wild because when I was a little lad we got Leafs games on CBC over the air because the signal carried over Lake Erie. Turns out Cleveland likes hockey. Who knew?

Anyway back on topic. Yeah, the men look off, but I don’t think they look more off than the women. I remember Anderson whiffing an easy one in game one, as well as generally crap play early on in the scotties too. I suspect it’ll be the same old same old at the end, just like the scotties. SK and WC and QC looked great then it was playoff time and it was Jones, Homan, and Einarson just like we all could have guessed (plus Walker in that McCarville/Walker/Silvernagle extra spot that goes to some other team).

I’ll believe it’s different when it happens, but until then I’m assuming it’ll be the same ol Koe, Gushue, and Bottcher with some Other almost as good team in the extra spot jockeying for third.

Koe vs. Goo (Gushue) tonite in a probable preamble to the eventual Brier golden game.

Gushue is now the greatest curler I've ever witnessed. If Kevin "K-Mart" Martin was the evil genius of Canadian curling, Brad Gushue is the better-looking version who can work magic with his rocks.

Great team, too! But others have great teams and skips like Koe, Jacobs, Botcher, even Howard/Middaugh are meanies who consistently spoil the new kid's lunch.

You do know Tim Horton was formed by an ex-Toronto Maple Leaf defenseman and a business partner in the Toronto area, late 60s. Horton didn't get to accumulate the joy of mega-profits from his endeavor as Ron Joyce lived well into the 21st century while Tim (the man) was killed in a single vehicle auto accident on a turnpike in St. Catherine's, Ontario, heading back to Buffalo, NY where Horton was playing the last year or 2 of his 25 yr career, at 44 for the Buffalo Sabres NHL franchise.

Horton started the franchise in 64 with a solo coffee shop. By 1968 w/ Ron Joyce he had 40 stores across Canada. When Horton died in 1974 Joyce bought Horton's shares of the franchise for 1 million dollars. . . . a pittance if put into context of current value!

03-07-21 09:22PM
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:

LMAO. It has to be one of the worst ad campaigns in history. How many ads did they run a couple years back with people praising their dark roast or egg loaf sandwiches? Now they are saying both were garbage. Basically they are admitting to selling low end stuff for years but trust 'em now, they've figured it all out. Sinking ship.

03-07-21 10:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

look, i am one of those people who have advocated for every team being here before. but nunavut has been out scored 37-3 in the 3 games they have played so far and the 3rd game isnt even over yet. thats ridiculous . it not even funny and it does just make me believe they shouldnt be there

03-07-21 10:03PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The tailspin with Tim's started the day Wendy's bought the company. It's now ten fold worse since the Brazilian company that owns Burger King bought them out. NOTHING is made in store any more. All pre-made, prepackaged, frozen then baked. If it's not the big Tim's truck dumping crap off it's the sysco truck. Bags of "soup" and "chili". Pre-grilled formed chicken.

The only thing I still order is their new roast beef sandwiches. At least it looks and tastes like beef...sort of.

However, thanks to Tim's for sponsoring the curling.

03-07-21 10:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I havent eaten at tims in years. i used to in university and from time to time afterward but not in at least 5 or 6 years. thats depressing to hear what its become

03-07-21 10:28PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
look, i am one of those people who have advocated for every team being here before. but nunavut has been out scored 37-3 in the 3 games they have played so far and the 3rd game isnt even over yet. thats ridiculous . it not even funny and it does just make me believe they shouldnt be there
. Final score was 16-1. Ridiculous. Yes we need inclusivity but Curling Canada needs to re think all 3 Northern territories participating.

03-07-21 11:05PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The brier should be a 12 team tournament . TC plus all the provs and territories. But only 1 team out of the bottom 4. One wildcard.
And on another note, John Morris should shut his pie hole.

Last edited by guido on 03-07-21 at 11:18PM