Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 19 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-08-20 11:09PM
varnsey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for varnsey Click here to Send varnsey a Private Message Find more posts by varnsey Add varnsey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
varnsey
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

interesting. dunstone says this person they are bringing in has experience i big games. he doesnt say whether they are in saskatchewan or out but i think of 2 names:

1. steve laycock

2. pat simmons

im racking my brain tyring to think out of province both current and retired. i think of 2 names but i dont know how likley they are

carter rycroft
blake macdonald

colton starting hos own team again i guess isnt surprising . "surprised at who it's with". what would surprise me is if he joined the muyres brothers but that wouldnt be starting his own team

what would surprise me is if he got virtue to come back and brought in maybe the heidt and someone else

what about Kirk Muyres?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-09-20 06:11AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i did think of muyres but then i seem to remember them confirming they were staying together for another seson

04-09-20 12:46PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

It was Kirk Muyres

https://twitter.com/TeamMDunstone/s...280848161476609

I would think the other players on his team will find a place.

https://twitter.com/muyrescurling/s...6584323/photo/1

04-09-20 06:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Maybe Flasch just slides in to skip the Muyres team.

04-10-20 01:54PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Flasch will skip with Schneider at third and the Marsh twins playing front end per Devin Heroux.

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/st...672018163273730

EDIT:

added the team's official announcement.

https://twitter.com/TeamFlasch/stat...673807952498692

Last edited by UnattachedFC on 04-10-20 at 02:01PM

04-10-20 04:37PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Sounds interesting! Looking forward to seeing this season roll back to see how all these teams do.

Maybe missed it but has anyone heard of where Dallan Muyres is going?

04-16-20 05:41PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Something that hasn't been missed. Samantha Fisher will play lead for Corryn Brown replacing Ashley Klimchuk who is expecting twins in October.

04-16-20 06:04PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Something that hasn't been missed. Samantha Fisher will play lead for Corryn Brown replacing Ashley Klimchuk who is expecting twins in October.

This article is a nice read:

Fisher lands with Brown rink for second stint, prepares to fight pandemic

04-16-20 07:03PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Bernard subbing for Walker during Maternity leave.
From TEAM WALKER fb: With many uncertainties ahead of what may happen to the curling season next year, one thing we are certain of is that we are happy to have Cheryl Bernard joining our team!‬

‪Cheryl will be filling in for Laura as her and Geoff add a new member to their family in September.‬

04-22-20 10:17PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Andrew Stopera is replacing Greg Persinger on Team Ruohonen. Not sure if he'll throw the last rock though.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling...o-Team-Ruohonen

04-23-20 01:51PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Bernard subbing for Walker during Maternity leave.
From TEAM WALKER fb: With many uncertainties ahead of what may happen to the curling season next year, one thing we are certain of is that we are happy to have Cheryl Bernard joining our team!‬

‪Cheryl will be filling in for Laura as her and Geoff add a new member to their family in September.‬

Obviously you have to bring in someone but wouldn't expect much success with the rent a skip deal as Scheidegger found out.
Only chance for success is if Bernard calls game but throws 3rd stones. Walker wasn't exactly a big weight hitter but Barnard has way less ability at those and you need that at the top level nowadays.

Last edited by hogged again on 04-23-20 at 01:54PM

04-23-20 02:06PM
babaoreally is offline Click Here to See the Profile for babaoreally Find more posts by babaoreally Add babaoreally to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
babaoreally
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Andrew Stopera is replacing Greg Persinger on Team Ruohonen. Not sure if he'll throw the last rock though.

Ruohonen had been throwing last rocks for the second half of last season; I don't see that changing.

04-27-20 08:40PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Instagram post today:
coming to a rink near you next season!
•••
Our squad of Sarah Anderson, Taylor Anderson, Cory Christensen and Vicky Persinger with Coach Cathy Overton-Clapham is excited to begin the 2020-21 curling season as one of USA Curling’s High Performance Programs teams.

So Sinclair is gone. Here is the link to IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fJd72gv5G/ Team Christensen

04-27-20 08:43PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Ruohonen is pushing 50, right?

He has no business being as good as he is. I feel like he is singularly the biggest victim of the US program sucking eggs compared to the Great White North.

He seems to unquestionably be the best game planning skip in the states. He’s probably one of the best in the world. His team is reasonably competitive above their skill level - not having a single shot maker who I’d consider as good as any of Shuster’s team. He’s got a much better feel for when to turn a game into whack a mole, as opposed to Shuster’s offense first defense never kind of way.

Had he a real national program behind him for the last three decades, I think he might have been one of the greats In the States. He’s limited in his shot making ability, and he’s obviously never been a lights out shotmaker at four (although sweet heavens was he on fire in that US final). As it is, he got a real national program behind him in his forties, and he’s made the most of it. He’s got a great mind to make the most of what he has to work with, he knows his strengths and weaknesses, and he plays the best teams quite tough. At 50. With a team full of 40 year olds.

Why they don’t put a young prospective skip They want to groom on his team and have him learn from Ruohonen is beyond me.

04-27-20 09:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Instagram post today:
coming to a rink near you next season!
•••
Our squad of Sarah Anderson, Taylor Anderson, Cory Christensen and Vicky Persinger with Coach Cathy Overton-Clapham is excited to begin the 2020-21 curling season as one of USA Curling’s High Performance Programs teams.

So Sinclair is gone. Here is the link to IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fJd72gv5G/ Team Christensen

Curious to hear why the dumping of Sinclair from the program. Certainly not for lack of talent. One of the top in the US last 3-4 years. Either she pissed people off or she was too Canadian. Hmm. Discuss.

04-27-20 10:42PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Another announcement from the USA about the return of Nina Roth. She is coming back to her team but will be third with Tabitha Peterson remaining at skip.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling...erson-Announced

04-28-20 11:32AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Curious to hear why the dumping of Sinclair from the program. Certainly not for lack of talent. One of the top in the US last 3-4 years. Either she pissed people off or she was too Canadian. Hmm. Discuss.

But they put Cathy O at coach so, though I wondered too (we are soooo defensive), that doesn't seem to fit. I was surprised.

04-28-20 02:27PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

As far as I know, Jamie Sinclair is still in the US High Performance Program. The US HPP has reiterated their plans to fully sponsor three women's teams for next season (whenever that will be), and they've not yet announced anyone for that third team. Presumably that will be the new Team Sinclair, with the other three players to be determined.

They were using the two facilities in the Twin Cities area for their athletic training last year: one a curling club in Chaska and the other the "Training Haus" general athletic center that is attached to the Minnesota Vikings' facilities in Eagan. I presume that will continue next season, again, whenever that is. (And when the border is open, that's a 7:30 drive from Winnipeg.)

04-29-20 07:32AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Story on the Jones / Weagle, 5 person team.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...-rink-1.5548169

04-29-20 06:45PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

“Massive dump in the play in game”...ML Jones beat Fleury quite handily.

04-29-20 07:28PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

"JONES"

9/10 of your posts include the word Jones.

ML, I'm certain you're obsession is the reason you have 1000's of posts. Take a break. She's one of the best ever, however, there's many that have a love/hate for her. Personally, I used to always hope for anyone against her, until she had children. Seemingly totally different person, unless she's the best actress. When she's team Canada, in that case, I'm all in, go Canada Go.

04-29-20 08:54PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Great article with Kevin Martin.

https://www.tsn.ca/kevin-martin-cha...dcast-1.1471183

04-29-20 11:51PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Curious to hear why the dumping of Sinclair from the program. Either she pissed people off or she was too Canadian.

I wonder if Sinclair would look north of the border. Unless I’m mistaken, there’s a Manitoba-based front end still looking for a team, along with a Manitoba-born skip who has won two national championships.

04-30-20 02:09AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
Story on the Jones / Weagle, 5 person team.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...-rink-1.5548169

From the above article:
"Former Scotties champion Chelsea Carey had her entire rink disband, while Kevin Koe dropped third Colton Flasch after just one year together."

Sadly, proof reading has become a thing of the past.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-30-20 02:15AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
"JONES"

9/10 of your posts include the word Jones.

^ Come on - it's neither nice nor fair to say that 9/10 of ML's posts include the word 'Jones'...

Everyone (including ML himself) knows that it's 9.8/10 of his posts that include the word 'Jones'.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson