C: Euro Super League: Sweden
Jonkoping, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Sat, Nov 16 -- 9:30am CET
Petersson-Dahl  
Stordahl  
Smirnov  
Nibloe  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > World Men's Curling Championship Lethbridge

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-04-19 05:10PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Japan just gave up it's second stolen point of the week. Were they predicted to be this good?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-04-19 07:02PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Interesting that in every other sport, overtime is usually the most exciting part of the game. Unfortunately, in curling the extra end [overtime] is typically just BORING. Witness Swiss vs Japan today - the outcome was never in doubt.

04-04-19 07:16PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

No poster predicted Japan ( now 8 -2 ) would make the playoffs.

04-04-19 08:57PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

The pros

Hasselborg practices 2hs twice a day
Edin has crossed the pond 100x

Japan and Korea funded
Sweden was

Norway not so much anymore

Scotland and Italy funded

This isn’t nba golf hockey where you have to be fit

Many are but so much luck in curling a fatboi can sometimes win the Super Bowl of curling

Just barely a sport but old folks like to watch it and listen to Vic and Russ - millions of old cheapskates watching for free buying scot paper and fertilizer

04-04-19 09:28PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian

Geez. That post is complete and utter bullsh1t. All of it. There's not a line in it that rings of any truth whatsoever. Just stop. Please.

Considering the source, not surprising at all.

04-04-19 09:47PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Yep , was talking about you

04-04-19 10:03PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Do you have any idea what day it is?

04-04-19 11:21PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Harvey Hacksmasher

Helluva game vs Scots so far. Never seen Koe looking and sounding so stressed as he is tonight. When Hebert gets tense he tries to call the game which ain't helping.

Line that should be banned is when someone says 'I don't hate that' about a potential call. Cop out line.

04-05-19 12:13AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

I love the team but it drives me batty when the front end doesn't give feedback on the rocks. Team has tons of potential and already has done amazing things (winning through the C side in provincials, winning their first event of the season, winning the Brier undefeated) but that communication blip needs to be ironed out.

04-05-19 12:46AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Say something, better nothing at all

Can't remember the name of the song but about 15 years ago "tell me" Drops of Jupiter by Train? Even if you're wrong, give your best guess at weight to give your skip the least bit of input. Many shots have been 1/2 or 2/3 down the sheet.... crickets. Takes a team to make a shot. Come on Canada, snap out of it. Playoff bound!

04-05-19 10:02AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Did anyone hear the loud sigh when scots doubled for 3 for win

Came from the north near edmonton

“ agggggggggggg - what i have done ? “

Sounded like marc kennedy

The chuckling sound of contentment and peace came from martin and morris and howard and blake and mike and reid and pat and carter and wayne and nolan and 26 others

Impaled by the system so many times

But free at last - thank god almighty im free at last ....

Last edited by fresca on 04-05-19 at 10:21AM

04-05-19 10:29AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Another tough one this morning.

After 17 draws, Benny is the only Canadian player who's shooting percentage is better than his Swiss counterpart.

04-05-19 11:30AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The Bunny-Koe Gang has to win at least one of their remaining two matches to qualify.

Thats just to qualify - any reasonable curling mind will tell you that Koe & Co. are really no match for Nik Edin when Edin is firing on all cylinders (ie. most of the time).

Another team that loves feasting on Canada is Scotty - who forced Kevin & Bunny to think thru every possibility known to man before Scotty snatched the win at the end for the W.

Never thought I'd say this but qualifying for the weekend is a solid accomplishment.

I don't think Reid & McEwen would.
Bottcher would be around 8-3 but again, no match for monsters like Edin, good test vs. Scotty though.
Epping would be 5-7 in this field but no worries mate, he'll never be at mens worlds.
Jacobs & Kennedy might be able to keep the momentum going to finish 8-3 or 9-2 before falling at the hands of Niklas.

Finally, Brad Gushue would land around the same 8-3 or 9-2 but due to a higher patience quotient he might be the only Canuck team capable of over-throwing Edin. Goo might have trouble with the Mighty Mouat though!

04-05-19 12:32PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Throw out of order

So from what I read, in the Sweden vs USA game, in the 4th end, Sweden threw out of order by mistake. One of their players threw only one stone, and so for their last one, the skipped player had to throw that.

What would have happened if instead a player had thrown an extra stone? i.e. three instead of two?

04-05-19 12:46PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Ben. Fnn laser

Best laugh of the morning

Pics are the very worst part of curling

04-05-19 01:08PM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Draw Shots

Looks likely that Koe, Switzerland and Japan will tie for second and a bye to the semi-finals. They will each have one win and one loss which sends it to the Draw challenge. Does anyone know where these statistics are found? Canada doesn't seem to have had a great record this time.

Last edited by Curlwalker on 04-05-19 at 01:11PM

04-05-19 01:28PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Switzerland seems to have the spot locked up according to the WCF website.

04-05-19 01:47PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Draw Shot Challenge spreadsheet

For some reason when I cut-and-paste the URL, it doesn't work here. So here's how I found it:

Go to http://wmcc2019.worldcurling.org/

Click on Results
Scroll down to the Reports button and click it.
Now click on Draw Shot Challenge.

Last edited by Observer on 04-05-19 at 02:06PM

04-05-19 02:04PM
NOLA_Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NOLA_Curler Find more posts by NOLA_Curler Add NOLA_Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NOLA_Curler
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Interesting that in every other sport, overtime is usually the most exciting part of the game. Unfortunately, in curling the extra end [overtime] is typically just BORING. Witness Swiss vs Japan today - the outcome was never in doubt.

Agreed. Guard/tick/guard/tick/guard/peel/repeat almost every time. To me, the most exciting situation is a team down one with hammer in the 10th. Will they find a way to score two and win? Will they get forced and we go to an extra? Will the leading team steal and win in regulation? Usually lots of rocks in play and different shots thrown.

04-05-19 02:11PM
NOLA_Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NOLA_Curler Find more posts by NOLA_Curler Add NOLA_Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NOLA_Curler
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Line that should be banned is when someone says 'I don't hate that' about a potential call.

Yes, kind of weird syntax that you only hear in curling. I'd prefer either "I can live with that" or "I don't like that" depending on what is true.

04-05-19 04:08PM
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Anybody have a breakdown of the prize money the gold, silver and bronze winners will each receive?

04-05-19 05:15PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Throw out of order

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
So from what I read, in the Sweden vs USA game, in the 4th end, Sweden threw out of order by mistake. One of their players threw only one stone, and so for their last one, the skipped player had to throw that.

What would have happened if instead a player had thrown an extra stone? i.e. three instead of two?

From CC rules Rule: 8. Delivery (13)
Change: If a player on a four-player team delivers three stones in one end, except as
provided for in Rule 5(6) or 5(7), the stone delivered in error shall be removed from
play and all displaced stones put back to their original positions.
Rationale: Removes the perception that a player is delivering three stones
deliberately. qed.

04-05-19 05:19PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Manitoba Swami can only see 2 possible finales to Lethbridge

GOLD MEDAL GAME either:

EDIN vs. SCOTTY

EDIN vs. KOE

Niklas would prefer to avoid either Scotland or Canada in the semi-final game

Canada still has a chance to book a bye to the semi-final by winning their final game vs. weak Netherlands - - - and then getting a bit of kindness from others . .. .

Could easily be a Nik vs. Scotland semi-final which would put a ton of pressure on the Swedes.

Team Canada putting a ton of pressure on themselves but the new reality is we're no longer gold medal locks - moreso medal contenders!

04-05-19 06:16PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Love it when you put the kiss of death on Sweden

What’s your opinion on great West life changing their name to Canada life ?

Have some stock I might lose

04-05-19 07:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Looks like win or lose Canada has qualified, step 1. With a win they can finish 3rd, even better. Play either Scotland US or Italy depending the outcomes last draw?