Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 30 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-22-22 03:41PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
The new Team Kevin Koe has been made official; Kevin Koe, Tyle Tardi, Brad Thiessen and Karrick Martin. I think there will be some sweeping on that team.

https://twitter.com/TeamKevinKoe/st...519092101656579

Both Alberta teams have improved quite a bit.
Koe loses at lead, but a huge improvement at 2nd and third.
Bottcher improves at every position.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-22-22 05:41PM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
[QUOTE]Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Yannick Schwaller is leaving his team. The other 3 are staying together.

https://twitter.com/BernSchwaller/s...5179911/photo/1
[/QUOTE

I wonder if Schwaller will team up with some of team DeCruz that also split up.

I wonder what Claudio Patz is up to these days?

04-25-22 03:51AM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

More Suisse changes: Team Tirinzoni splitting up. Alina and Silvana will be replacing Esther and Melanie, as per the team's instagram.

04-25-22 11:17AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by myhouse911
More Suisse changes: Team Tirinzoni splitting up. Alina and Silvana will be replacing Esther and Melanie, as per the team's instagram.

That's really surprising. I have an idea who they could get to join them.

As for schwaller I'd be almost willing to bet him and Schwartz will be teaming up. I think decruz could join the remaining schwaller 3 and skip it

04-25-22 04:48PM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

That's really surprising. I have an idea who they could get to join them.

As for schwaller I'd be almost willing to bet him and Schwartz will be teaming up. I think decruz could join the remaining schwaller 3 and skip it

Two members of Team Schori to fill the front end for the new Tirinzoni rink? Schori/Howald would be my best guess.

04-26-22 10:59AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Two members of Team Schori to fill the front end for the new Tirinzoni rink? Schori/Howald would be my best guess.

I don't know , I don't see Irene Schori dropping down to play 2nd at this point in her career.

My guesses would be some of the younger players. Maybe briar hurlimann at 2nd. Selina witschonke, Nora wuest and xenia schwaller are some of the other names that I thought of

Or maybe bring some of alinas old team mates back. Nadine or Nicole. Not really sure why no one ever picked them up. Or perhaps someone finally picks up Michele jaggi

Last edited by misty1 on 04-26-22 at 11:07AM

04-26-22 05:06PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

With great regret I announce that my team will be sticking together for next year.

04-26-22 05:18PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

https://www.srf.ch/sport/mehr-sport...nfer-curlern-an

Does Benoît Schwarz speak German? I know that Sven Michel learned French when he joined de Cruz. It would be fun if now Schwarz learns German to join Schwaller.

Or maybe they'll all just speak English. That'd be a lot of fun too, at least for me as someone who knows neither French nor German.

04-26-22 06:07PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Also to note in the article. De Cruz and Tanner have retired. So the fourth player on the former team Schwaller won't be them.

04-26-22 09:20PM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

Schwaller, Schwarz, Michel, and Lachat joining forces.

04-26-22 09:24PM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:

I don't know , I don't see Irene Schori dropping down to play 2nd at this point in her career.

I'm not sure I agree. Schori will not be winning any world or olympic medals with her current crew. I would assume that is at the top of her list, specifically the latter. I think it's quite plausible she would be keen to join two of the best in Tirinzoni and Paetz. Lots of potential prize money available to that team as well I would imagine

04-30-22 06:06AM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

Team Brunner (former Team Schwaller)
Skip: Michael Brunner
Third: Romano Meier
Second: Anthony Petoud
Lead: Marcel Kaufeler

04-30-22 06:13AM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:

Or maybe bring some of alinas old team mates back. Nadine or Nicole. Not really sure why no one ever picked them up. Or perhaps someone finally picks up Michele jaggi

Nicole and Nadine both stepped back from competitive curling following the conclusion of the 2017-18 season. We can assume they haven't felt the desire to come back to the competitive scene.

04-30-22 08:51PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Team Lauren Mann
Third Shelley Hardy (Nichols)
Second Steph Mumford (LeDrew)
Lead Steph Corrado
Alternate Marteen Jones

https://twitter.com/TeamMannCurls/s...543550777303040

It's an Ontario team from what I can figure out.

05-01-22 07:15PM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

It's an Ontario team from what I can figure out.

Yep - correct, it's (now) in their twitter bio.

05-02-22 01:56AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Alina and Silvana will be replacing Esther and Melanie

I'd like to see Elena Stern come out of retirement and maybe join the team. Not very likely, I admit, since Stern is not a sweeper. Mostly I just felt like her retirement was a bit premature, so I'd like to see her come back to the game.

05-02-22 11:18AM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

In the team listing for tomorrow's Grand Slam they have Darren Molding playing third for Brendan Bottcher. Can this be?

05-02-22 01:57PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

I haven't seen this confirmed elsewhere, but Mike Harris said that Victoria Wright is "pulling a Tyler George" (retire from curling after winning Olympic gold medal).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UOn5kuSwk&t=56m7s

05-02-22 03:52PM
Dangermouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dangermouse Click here to Send Dangermouse a Private Message Find more posts by Dangermouse Add Dangermouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dangermouse
Swing Artist

Ross Whyte to play third for Mouat at the grand slam this week. This is just temporary, as Grant Hardie is unavailable for this particular event. Whyte was the alternate at the Olympics but usually skips his own team.

I’ve not heard about Wright stepping down but Muirhead’s team being suspiciously absent from this week’s grand slam suggests something might be up there.

05-02-22 04:01PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Dangermouse
Muirhead’s team being suspiciously absent from this week’s grand slam

Supposedly this had something to do with a wedding. Must be a big wedding for the team to decline an invitation to play to win some money.

What could be bigger than a wedding involving one of their own?

Are Wright and Drummond married yet? Because if that's the upcoming wedding, then it would make sense for Wright to retire if she wants to start a family.

This is all speculation on my part, though. I did hear Muirhead talking about a wedding, but I don't even remember where I heard it from, so none of what I just wrote should be taken seriously.

//edit: oh, yeah, Wright and Drummond are getting married this summer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...lden-gowns.html
"They will tie the knot at a friend's farm in Stranraer, 'and all the boys and girls will definitely be there.'"

Last edited by curlingclips on 05-02-22 at 04:11PM

05-02-22 04:45PM
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Dangermouse
Ross Whyte to play third for Mouat at the grand slam this week. This is just temporary, as Grant Hardie is unavailable for this particular event. Whyte was the alternate at the Olympics but usually skips his own team.

I’ve not heard about Wright stepping down but Muirhead’s team being suspiciously absent from this week’s grand slam suggests something might be up there.

Yes, it's weird Team Muirhead is not there since they are the Olympic and European champs, and in the men's field the Olympic Champs are there and Mouat already qualified by winning the 2021 Players'. It all just seems like such a mess for who and how teams qualify imo. I'm not sure how suspicious their absence is since this entry list has been out for months now. I think it's likely just prior engagements for too many of the team members.

05-02-22 05:03PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
It all just seems like such a mess for who and how teams qualify imo

Champions Cup has always been a bit of a circus. After all, this is the slam where Eve Muirhead was skipping Team Hasselborg, for example.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/ev...-champions-cup/

Mike Harris suggested that the freak circus factor should've been cranked up a notch by having the new team lineups play instead (i.e. Bottcher with Kennedy/Gallant/Hebert).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UOn5kuSwk&t=1h4m37s

05-02-22 05:52PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

Champions Cup has always been a bit of a circus. After all, this is the slam where Eve Muirhead was skipping Team Hasselborg, for example.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/ev...-champions-cup/

Mike Harris suggested that the freak circus factor should've been cranked up a notch by having the new team lineups play instead (i.e. Bottcher with Kennedy/Gallant/Hebert).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UOn5kuSwk&t=1h4m37s

No Bottcher wouldn't have wanted Gallant to quit before September.

05-02-22 06:09PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
No Bottcher wouldn't have wanted Gallant to quit before September.

Don't think of it as quitting, then. Think of it as a scramble, ala 2020 Continental Cup when Bottcher did play with Hebert (and Fry and Thiessen).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn3U1pmossM&t=3m40s

It's not about quitting or breaking up teams early. It's just a fun sneak peek preview of what's to come.

05-03-22 09:13PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Yes, it's weird Team Muirhead is not there since they are the Olympic and European champs, and in the men's field the Olympic Champs are there and Mouat already qualified by winning the 2021 Players'. It all just seems like such a mess for who and how teams qualify imo. I'm not sure how suspicious their absence is since this entry list has been out for months now. I think it's likely just prior engagements for too many of the team members.

On inside Curling Eve said the were invited but turned it down due to weddings and the fact she wants a rest.