Japan (EE)
Denmark 10  Final
Spain (8)
Estonia Final
Italy (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 13 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-12-22 10:28PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hoggedrock
Team Scheidegger has parted ways with Cary Anne McTaggart.
Predictions for new third?
I’m betting Laura Walker.

Where did you see that? That would be a great team if that does happen. However, Kelsey Rocque should ask Walker too…

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-12-22 10:38PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

From Facebook:

quote:
Team Scheidegger

Over the past several years, the members of Team Scheidegger have been through a lot. We’ve seen each other become moms, laughed together, cried together, eaten a lot of snacks together and won a few curling games in between all the fun.
After careful reflection on past seasons, the team has decided to explore new opportunities and will be parting ways with Cary-Anne.
Cary-Anne has been an outstanding teammate and is a wonderful friend. We will miss her and hope to see her around the Curling Rink.

For some reason Roque comes to mind

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 02-12-22 at 10:54PM

02-13-22 01:24AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

I think both Roque and Walker are more natural Thirds than Skips.
Walker in particular, as nice a person as she seems to be, often seems in over her head as a Skip. Her mental make-up is more suitable to the vice position.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-13-22 12:22PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

With the way the Olympics are going I think it’s getting more likely Jones retires. That frees up four very good players. McEwan, Weagle and Lawes would all be massive pickups for anyone.

02-13-22 02:12PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by hoggedrock
Team Scheidegger has parted ways with Cary Anne McTaggart.
Predictions for new third?
I’m betting Laura Walker.

Smart move, McTaggart just doesn't have the up weight shots in her arsenal that you really need from a third at the elite level. People thinking Roque or Walker, I don't know they both strike me as skips only. Could see Cameron moving over if Walker rink doesn't stay together.

02-13-22 02:23PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

With Glenn's knee issues, how long does anyone think he will play on for? All up to him of course, I'd miss seeing him on the ice tons (and I'd miss JJ tons too, should she go the coaching or commentary route). Sucks when the body breaks down.

02-13-22 03:36PM
CH14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CH14 Find more posts by CH14 Add CH14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CH14
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
With the way the Olympics are going I think it’s getting more likely Jones retires. That frees up four very good players. McEwan, Weagle and Lawes would all be massive pickups for anyone.
It would seem strange to see Dawn play with anyone else other then Jenn. If Jenn retires I think Dawn follows.

02-13-22 06:17PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

And if you can't beat Scott Howard, add Epping to the list of potential changes.

02-13-22 06:45PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CH14
It would seem strange to see Dawn play with anyone else other then Jenn. If Jenn retires I think Dawn follows.

Both McEwans must be close. I guess Mr. has another cycle in him but if they have another dull Brier...maybe not.

quote:
Originally posted by decade
And if you can't beat Scott Howard, add Epping to the list of potential changes.

Epping, like McEwan, seems destined to never win the big one. With Glen seeming to be losing his physical stability we could be on the edge of a sea change in Ontario. I expect Horgan will be shopping as well after this week.

02-13-22 07:14PM
hoggedrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoggedrock Find more posts by hoggedrock Add hoggedrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoggedrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

I can see Marc Kennedy going back into retirement.
I would love to see Tanner Horgan move to Sault Ste Marie and join Jacobs at third.
I truly believe the best teams live and train together. Thats what the European teams do. They have a lot of funding, sure, but you can't expect greatness if you live 1000km from your third and don't practice together.

02-13-22 11:25PM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Team changes

And of course one would assume that Dunstone’s team will be breaking up. I am surprised any of them would step on the ice with Moskowy after his disgusting behaviour, and that he would be untouchable for any self-respecting team. Curl Canada has blown it and will end up ripped to shreds over covering this up.

02-17-22 10:39AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Got a feeling there will be changes to Team Gushue. Maybe just me but even in this semifinal game they still felt off with each other.

02-17-22 12:07PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I could see Brett and Jocelyn move to Alberta. He can team up with Geoff, Marc Kennedy and Koe. Jocelyn can play 3rd with Scheideger

02-17-22 12:21PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

I think Nichols/Gushue will retire. I didn't notice anything off in the semi-final, the edge from the round robin game was gone. But at this point with Brett likely needing to move they won't meet residency. Though I doubt Jones stays together so Peterman has options. But really at this point Gushue and Nichols have done it all; a bronze if they win it would be a lovely feather. Plus the remaining Brier for fun. They have their business and I'm sure lots of opportunities elsewhere.

02-17-22 12:40PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Internationally I'd think decruz will be making changes. They've stalled and even gone backwards a bit in their development. I dont know what they need. Either a new coach or new team mates. Not sure but I'd be surprised 8f something didn't change

02-17-22 01:07PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Team changes

quote:
Originally posted by HerCurl
And of course one would assume that Dunstone’s team will be breaking up. I am surprised any of them would step on the ice with Moskowy after his disgusting behaviour, and that he would be untouchable for any self-respecting team. Curl Canada has blown it and will end up ripped to shreds over covering this up.

Hopefully nobody picks him up. Assuming he is done with Dunstone.

02-17-22 01:54PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Internationally I'd think decruz will be making changes. They've stalled and even gone backwards a bit in their development. I dont know what they need. Either a new coach or new team mates. Not sure but I'd be surprised 8f something didn't change

Does Edin retire if he gets the gold? Even without? Physically he must want it. Can 4x Olympic medalist and certified handsome man Eriksson skip?

02-17-22 04:57PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Might be some teams wanting to move as early as possible after the Brier. Could be 4 teams needing a third--Bottcher (for sure) and Dunstone/Jacobs/Epping (probably) and I think their first choice might be the same guy--BJ Neufeld.
For the women, Lawes can write her own ticket whether she wants to play third or go skip they will be lined up to play with her.

02-17-22 05:49PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Might be some teams wanting to move as early as possible after the Brier. Could be 4 teams needing a third--Bottcher (for sure) and Dunstone/Jacobs/Epping (probably) and I think their first choice might be the same guy--BJ Neufeld.
For the women, Lawes can write her own ticket whether she wants to play third or go skip they will be lined up to play with her.

I wonder if Lawes may take some time away from curling..her fiancé plays in Norway. Gushue with all his ailments may step back. I feel Nicols still has another cycle left in him.

02-17-22 06:20PM
hammertime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hammertime Find more posts by hammertime Add hammertime to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hammertime
Knee-Slider

Curious to see what happens with Hasselborg's team as well with Mabergs

02-17-22 09:19PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Team changes

Is this actually true about moskowy? Would be terrible if people accused him of this on a public forum and it wasn’t true. But it would be even more terrible if he did this and he showed his face and competed on tour.

I feel like it’s time for the elite Canadian teams to get younger. Would be great to see guys like Lott, Tardi and Sturmay get called up to play on a top 10 team.

For me, of late I think Team Mouat has set the blueprint on how to build a curling team. Before him it was Edin. And before him it was Kevin Martin.

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Hopefully nobody picks him up. Assuming he is done with Dunstone.

02-17-22 10:58PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

All of this nuance talk about Moskowy is BS.
Everyone is skirting around the issue with accusations, but providing no foundation at all, other than further vague references.

What exactly is going on here?
How can some people apparently know what happened, but the majority not know?
And if these people know, and are so sure they know, why are they keeping it a secret?
Or is it that the people who claim to know really don't know anything apart from vague rumours and hearsay?

I don't know Moskowy, and I've never had any opinion either for or against him. I've always been, and remain, completely neutral about him.
I have no idea if Moskowy did anything bad or not. And if he did, I obviously have no idea what.

I simply find it BS to make such radical accusations about a person without providing an ounce of evidence, or even a link to evidence.
Even google searches turn up absolutely nothing except for 'personal reasons' being why he missed playing some events.
If there's nothing on google (and bing, either), how can anyone posting in this thread know what happened?
Speak up or say nothing.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 02-17-22 at 11:00PM

02-18-22 01:08AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
All of this nuance talk about Moskowy is BS.
Everyone is skirting around the issue with accusations, but providing no foundation at all, other than further vague references.

What exactly is going on here?
How can some people apparently know what happened, but the majority not know?
And if these people know, and are so sure they know, why are they keeping it a secret?
Or is it that the people who claim to know really don't know anything apart from vague rumours and hearsay?

I don't know Moskowy, and I've never had any opinion either for or against him. I've always been, and remain, completely neutral about him.
I have no idea if Moskowy did anything bad or not. And if he did, I obviously have no idea what.

I simply find it BS to make such radical accusations about a person without providing an ounce of evidence, or even a link to evidence.
Even google searches turn up absolutely nothing except for 'personal reasons' being why he missed playing some events.
If there's nothing on google (and bing, either), how can anyone posting in this thread know what happened?
Speak up or say nothing.

Search @TheCurlingLobby on Twitter. You will know as much as me.

02-18-22 01:49AM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:

I could only get so far on their twitter account before it stopped scrolling and demanded that I log in.
I'm not going to create a twitter account just for this.

What I did see before I was prevented from scrolling further was just more nuance and vague accusations.
If something bad happened with Moskowy, why is everyone terrified to state it? And if people aren't sure if something bad happened or not, they should shut up until they can provide evidence.
In the absence of evidence, it's simply idle gossip.

I saw that another curler was suspended for 3 months for sexually assaulting a bartender. That's still quite vague, but at least it gives a general idea. Not so for anything involving Moskowy, though - nothing even remotely close to any detail. Just people piling on.

Granted, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. But that's not a given.
I've never seen so many accusations put forth without any proof or anyone stating what actually happened.

02-18-22 02:27AM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Go to > snapped assault reddit
Read the thread. Pig. Criminal. Curl Canada cover-up beyond the pale.

Last edited by HerCurl on 02-18-22 at 02:35AM