Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 11 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-26-21 12:54PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Women's Worlds

Positive COVID cases detected.

https://worldcurling.org/2021/04/ww...lVFHPB8pitPsG2c

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-26-21 12:55PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

https://www.si.com/curling/news/pos...6knyP05kxdvQaqk

04-26-21 07:47PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Curious to see which team tested 2 players positive. Very doubtful a slam team that's been there for weeks. If the infected team did not bring a 5th, will they still be able to pick up a player to play with 3, will the coach be allowed to step in and play, or will they be disqualified?

04-26-21 07:54PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Curious to see which team tested 2 players positive. Very doubtful a slam team that's been there for weeks. If the infected team did not bring a 5th, will they still be able to pick up a player to play with 3, will the coach be allowed to step in and play, or will they be disqualified?

On the news, it just said it was a team that just flew in and was not even in the "Bubble" yet.

04-26-21 10:40PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Is Einarson still planning to bring Krysten Karwacki along as her 5th?

Some major debate that she should bring in a super-curler like Courtney, Wilkes, Lawes, Walker, etc.

Courtney & Wilkes mostly for the brush-violence; if something happened to Kerri - either Sweeting or Birchard moves to skip so you need brutes more than brains!

Yeah, I know Walker & Lawes are more pixies than brutes but don't underestimate either as a brush-worker plus both would be better shot-smiths than either Courtney or Wilkes!

You’re still an idiot

04-26-21 11:05PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido

You’re still an idiot

Maybe so, but who has the answer,............ can they play, or are they DQ?

04-26-21 11:17PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
can they play, or are they DQ?

Who would DQ them? The World Championships is WCF's domain. They don't care what process the member associations use to determine their representatives, and they certainly wouldn't DQ someone just because they lost the Scotties.

There is precedence for Curling Canada champions to bring the runner up (and sometimes not even) as fifth, at least in juniors.

2016 Juniors, Mary Fay brought Sarah Daniels.
Tyler Tardi brought Jacques Gauthier (2018) and Rylan Kleiter (2019) as fifths.
Karlee Burgess got her bronze and silver as fifths (Kristen Streifel 2017, Selena Sturmay 2019)

I don't have any examples of Canadians doing this at Men's or Women's, but other countries have done so (e.g. John Shuster brought Korey Dropkin in 2019).

//edit: oh, silly me. Bottcher brought Marc Kennedy in 2021.

Last edited by curlingclips on 04-26-21 at 11:29PM

04-26-21 11:34PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

Who would DQ them? The World Championships is WCF's domain. They don't care what process the member associations use to determine their representatives, and they certainly wouldn't DQ someone just because they lost the Scotties.

There is precedence for Curling Canada champions to bring the runner up (and sometimes not even) as fifth, at least in juniors.

2016 Juniors, Mary Fay brought Sarah Daniels.
Tyler Tardi brought Jacques Gauthier (2018) and Rylan Kleiter (2019) as fifths.
Karlee Burgess won two of hers as fifths (Kristen Streifel 2017, Selena Sturmay 2019)

As this is a WCF world championship, their rules are different than Curling Canada.

CC changed, bent, bastardized rules for teams with 1-2 players from the same province or "birth" province to compete for the brier or scotties........cough cough ....Homan etc.

WCF may state 3 members MUST compete or cannot compete.

That's my question. WHO has the answer?

Can a team of 4 compete if 2 are infected?

Reply if you KNOW the answer...... If not, stay in the basement

04-26-21 11:37PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Good curling comment, hell-boy!

You are the worst piece of vermin on any of the 9 sports sites I post. OK, there's an ******* on the Sask'n Riders site whose about as sick-brained and angry as you but who's counting?

Get some help son! (but I'm sure you've heard that one about 10,000 times & countin')

LOL!!! That is hilarious.

04-26-21 11:50PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Can a team of 4 compete if 2 are infected?

Reply if you KNOW the answer...... If not, stay in the basement

I misunderstood your question. I thought you're asking about Einarson bringing Walker/Lawes as fifth.

Rules of Curling
https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/...-of-Curling.pdf

R3(e): "A team may not play with fewer than three players"
C2(k): "A team must start a competition with four players [...] delivering stones. A team will forfeit each game at the start of the competition, until it can start a game with four qualified players. In extenuating circumstances, and with approval [...], a team may be allowed to start a competition with three players."

For what it's worth, there are no 4 person teams listed in the roster. All teams have alternates officially listed.

Maria Komarova, RCF's fifth, was still in RUS at the time of the slams. I'm not sure if she's flying to join the team for the Women's, but even if she doesn't, we know that the positive cases involved
incoming teams entering the bubble for the first time, so RCF still has 4 as of now.

There may be other fifths of the slam teams that may be in similar shoes.

Last edited by curlingclips on 04-27-21 at 12:44AM

04-27-21 11:43AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I'm guessing the people in the bubble have been TOLD not to disclose which team or players.

We only found out who the positive then negative person was at the men's when Shuster let it slip on the curling show.

04-27-21 12:57PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Is Einarson still planning to bring Krysten Karwacki along as her 5th?

Some major debate that she should bring in a super-curler like Courtney, Wilkes, Lawes, Walker, etc.

Courtney & Wilkes mostly for the brush-violence; if something happened to Kerri - either Sweeting or Birchard moves to skip so you need brutes more than brains!

Yeah, I know Walker & Lawes are more pixies than brutes but don't underestimate either as a brush-worker plus both would be better shot-smiths than either Courtney or Wilkes!

Can you guide us to where this major debate is taking place? I looked and can’t find it.

Karwacki is listed as their alternate on the website.

04-28-21 07:11AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

I'm in favour of the secrecy, mostly for the "none of your damn business" reason.

04-28-21 11:39AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
I'm in favour of the secrecy, mostly for the "none of your damn business" reason.

I am too. There are fair weather 'fans' who turn on curlers for not medaling in the Olympics, the affected players could get the same crowd turn on them for for being sick.

04-28-21 12:55PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
There are fair weather 'fans' who turn on curlers for not medaling in the Olympics

Speaking of which, do we know what impact (if any) there was from Canada not medaling in either Men's or Women's in 2018? Did Curling Canada lose any funding? Were any programs dropped?

Anyone fired/imprisoned/sacrificed to the Gods?

04-28-21 02:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Germany

https://worldcurling.org/2021/04/wwcc2021-returns/

04-28-21 02:55PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Team Jentsch (GER) released official statement. I'll transcribe to text later, but here's a picture.

https://twitter.com/teamjentsch/sta...461712291393536

04-28-21 03:37PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

CBC article.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...tests-1.6005841

04-28-21 08:05PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

Can you guide us to where this major debate is taking place? I looked and can’t find it.

Karwacki is listed as their alternate on the website.

The only major debate going on is inside Manitoba idiots head.
Karwacki is the 5th. The only person that thought different was the idiot.

04-28-21 08:59PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

I don't see any solution except to withdraw the German team.

04-29-21 01:29AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
I don't see any solution except to withdraw the German team.

Why though? If the 3 German players still test negative, why shouldn't they be allowed to compete? It has been done at previous WCF events, don't see why this one would be different.

04-29-21 09:35AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:

The only major debate going on is inside Manitoba idiots head.
Karwacki is the 5th. The only person that thought different was the idiot.

I suppose you’re right. ML’s refusal to answer indicates there was no debate. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lesson learned.

04-29-21 10:57AM
beaches43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaches43 Find more posts by beaches43 Add beaches43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaches43
Harvey Hacksmasher

there is no debate .Just a self appointed expert giving a stupid opinion.Probably never curled at a high level,only in his head.

04-29-21 02:14PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

Why though? If the 3 German players still test negative, why shouldn't they be allowed to compete? It has been done at previous WCF events, don't see why this one would be different.

When?

04-29-21 04:20PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:

When?

Nigeria played with 3 at the last Asia-Pacific event in 2019.