Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-05-21 02:07PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Why is frasca still allowed to post here after their anti-aboriginal screed a week ago? Shocking a website that is trying to present itself as a serious sports news site would foster anti-aboriginal racism like this.

As for Moulding it sounds like a fight that broke the camels back. I'm not sure his fairly harsh comments against Bottcher and Bartlett are going to play well, though. Bottcher has the chance to be magnanimous now after Moulding originally had the upper hand. It does not sound like Bottcher has a replacement lined up.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 12-05-21 at 02:10PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-05-21 02:14PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

What I learned listening to the podcast.

Why would any team cut a player with no replacement lined up.

Can you imagine the bluejays cutting all their catchers before going to a World Series?

Or the Jets cutting Hellebyuk just before the playoffs with no replacement in mind?

Or Gushue cutting Nichols right now with no replacement in mind?

I understand chemistry is needed, But, chemistry doesn’t happen in 1-2 months.

There was a lot of I and me in Bottchers answers. Not we us , and our.

No tough questions either. But that was expected with Martin asking them.
I wonder if the questions would have been tougher if it was Karrick that was let go?

Last edited by guido on 12-05-21 at 02:22PM

12-05-21 02:22PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Bottcher says he regrets the "personal reasons" statement. No kidding!
Moulding has gone on to paint Brendan as a petulant control freak, the front end as basically spineless and afraid to say peep and the coach as divisive.
This could not be a messier situation, no winners, reputations tarnished and all because it was handled unprofessionally.

12-05-21 02:24PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Meanwhile Gushue's rink seems to be in the middle of deciding if they split or stay: https://www.saltwire.com/newfoundla...year-100666497/

It makes sense but I also think Gallant won't find a better team so if the other three are in he'd best stay in as well. Assuming the logistic challenge doesn't rear his head since Gallant can't leave physically.

12-05-21 02:31PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
Meanwhile Gushue's rink seems to be in the middle of deciding if they split or stay: https://www.saltwire.com/newfoundla...year-100666497/

It makes sense but I also think Gallant won't find a better team so if the other three are in he'd best stay in as well. Assuming the logistic challenge doesn't rear his head since Gallant can't leave physically.

Don't know why but I get the feeling that Gushue will retire after the Olympics and head to the booth on TSN.

12-05-21 02:40PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The entire podcast reeked of Curling Canada's spin doctors. Bottcher full of bs.

12-05-21 03:10PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

podcast

They said on Inside Curling with Kevin Martin and Warren Hansen after the interview with Botcher that Moulding would be on later.

12-05-21 03:30PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Will be the 2nd time Team Canada will be booed in curling by Canadians.
The first time was for the very same reason.

Last edited by guido on 12-05-21 at 03:32PM

12-05-21 04:02PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

……….

12-05-21 04:22PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Dear Brendan, here's some tips going forward:

1) don't hide the team finances when one of your players asks to see them

2) don't bring in a yes man as your coach

3) stop lying when you kick a teammate to the curb

Now, for anyone that might get a call to join this team:

1) get a lawyer

2) draw up a contract

3) consider some other team.

12-05-21 04:56PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Maybe Karrick and Brad should join up with Darren. Or, is Brendan controlling what they do???

12-05-21 05:16PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Couple bombshells from Moulding in his CBC interview. Tried to leave in the spring. Though If Bottcher was that egotistical and difficult to work with then I don't think Martin would've played with him for all these years. He and Thiessen now have the rep they can ditch him if they want. We'll see what happens next season.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 12-05-21 at 05:22PM

12-05-21 05:19PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

PS. Good to have you back.

Thanks, but don't expect a long return. Can only stand so much of Legend and his minion Fresca.

I'm just here because;

A) Dunstone's third passing on the Trials is no one's business but his. Buying a damn ticket does not entitle anyone to another person's life.

B) Bottcher handled this thing like an idiot, or possibly an *******, and Moulding deserves better than that-hes the REAL reason that team won a Brier-anyone with experience can see how he was a true leader within that foursome.

So enjoy the posts until I reach my gag threshold with the two idiots.

12-05-21 05:27PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Moulding calling Bottcher savage, saying he doesn't care for people is...aggressive. Maybe true but it's not a great way. Also throwing basically everyone except Martin under the bus. Maybe he knows better not to foul mouth that particular person.

12-05-21 05:38PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Is it just me or did Bottcher come across as coached and/or scripted? Very smug and no sign of remorse whatsoever.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Darren in the Alberta play downs either on a team or coach or 5th.

12-05-21 06:09PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Try to follow along if you’re going to comment.

12-05-21 06:26PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I find it really interesting that with Moulding situation we know enough about what happened to write a book, but with the Moskowy situation we know NOTHING. I guess "personal reasons" means different things to different people. I still think that if it was a health or family issue with Moskowy we'd know about it and there would be sympathy just like with Craig Savill.

It will not shock me at all if he was cut for "chemistry" reasons and that Dunstone really wanted to play with Lott instead. Of course I could be very wrong.

12-05-21 06:57PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Is Moskowy actually out? That situation was totally last minute and I'm not aware of any major updates. I'm also not aware of any indication it was a team issue. It truly sounds like something personal. I also see no reason to break that team up. They were a 1 in 10 shot away from a Brier final and have a great chance of winning one in the next quad as they are now.

12-05-21 07:54PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I was very surprised at Moulding's support of Karrick. Didn't expect that.

12-05-21 09:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I was surprised a bit when moulding said Bottcher was savage, especially when it came to Darren playing for Team F’n Canada at the brier in front of his son and all those supporting him and all those living nearby growing up. Cold with a capital C.

In all of this drama, I lean towards moulding with the closest to the truth. Tell it like it is vs tell it like it sounds the least offensive towards your team mate that carried you to where you are now. No wonder Darren has a sore back.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 12-05-21 at 09:02PM

12-05-21 09:09PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

'The WCF does not sanction the US Mixed Doubles Trial. That is completely baseless and makes no sense whatsoever.' curlingclips

It is a fact that the WCF currently manges and sanctions fifteen International curling events, one of which is the World Mixed Doubles Curling Championship. Additionally, it also manages and sanctions five 'Qualification Events', one of which is the World Mixed Doubles Qualification Event.

Since a Trial Event, such as the US Mixed Doubles Trial Qualificiation Event # 2, * which took place in October, could, in theory, ultimately produce the winner of the W.M.D.C.C., why would it not be in the best interest of the WCF to sanction that Trial Event or at the very least ensure it was sanctioned? After all, the WCF did establish the Rules of Competition, the Eligibility System, a Qualification System, a Playoff System etc. etc. for all of the competiting teams didn't they?

* Sinclair/Ruohonen won this Trial Event.

12-05-21 09:48PM
tubby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby Click here to Send tubby a Private Message Find more posts by tubby Add tubby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tubby
Swing Artist

Have always known Don Bartlett to be as classy as they come. The fact that he is getting some bad press over this by deflecting it from the rest of the team just proves it. By the way, when the ship and third can't work together, somebody has to go.

12-05-21 10:10PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
I was surprised a bit when moulding said Bottcher was savage, especially when it came to Darren playing for Team F’n Canada at the brier in front of his son and all those supporting him and all those living nearby growing up. Cold with a capital C.

In all of this drama, I lean towards moulding with the closest to the truth. Tell it like it is vs tell it like it sounds the least offensive towards your team mate that carried you to where you are now. No wonder Darren has a sore back.

If it's not working then keeping him around and spending the rest of the season losing is not a good move imho. The comments about Brendan purposely doing this to keep him from playing in front of his son is...extreme. Had Moulding left last year he wouldn't have done this either.

The only dirty here was the poorly chosen PR 101 press release Friday. I actually believe it was stupidity and ignorance because obviously it would trigger Moulding to speak out. Otherwise nothing here is untoward. Heck, people around here had Moulding near the top of the cut list just not the when.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 12-05-21 at 10:13PM

12-05-21 10:14PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tubby
Have always known Don Bartlett to be as classy as they come. The fact that he is getting some bad press over this by deflecting it from the rest of the team just proves it. By the way, when the ship and third can't work together, somebody has to go. [/QUOT

Ship or skip. Methinks something is afoul in Denmark. Until anything else becomes abundantly apparent I believe Darren. Waaaayyyy too much crap in the background with too many staying silent. Not one other person on the team either player coach or 5th with a word to say. Afraid ? Scared? Or more likely muzzled! Hmmm.

Maybe HR person did finally give the team advice. Nothing to say is nothing to get bad publicity.
Too late for that.

#badvibes
#badkarma

12-05-21 10:20PM
oscar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oscar Find more posts by oscar Add oscar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oscar
Knee-Slider

moulding for gushue's alternate?