Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

(WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!)
W: King Cash Spiel
Maple Ridge, BC
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 8:00pm PT
Kristen Ryan Final
Amy Wheatcroft (7)
Gushulak Final
Taylor Reese-Hansen (8)
Shiella Cowan Final
Shawna Jensen (8)
M: Lakeview Insurance Brokers Senior Men
Martensville, SK
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 7:00pm CT
Brian Humble Final
Jim Wilson (6) Watch Live Curling!
Lloyd Fell Final
Shawn Joyce (7) Watch Live Curling!
Eugene Hritzuk Final
Brad Heidt 10  (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-25-21 08:11PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I don’t think f bombs are a big ****ing deal. Maybe 20 years ago it was, but you can turn the tv on at anytime of the day and hear ****. It’s everyday language for both ****in sexes now. Or, should I say all the ****in sexes?? So, no big ****in deal.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-25-21 08:13PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I don’t think f bombs are a big ****ing deal. Maybe 20 years ago it was, but you can turn the tv on at anytime of the day and hear ****. It’s everyday language for both ****in sexes now. Or, should I say all the ****in sexes?? So, no big ****in deal.

******* nailed it!

11-25-21 08:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

99% on here reading this have used the f-bomb in public or perceived private. In this case they switched for the highlight and Jacobs as the non televised game let it fly. We all do. Why not have the 7 second delay and mute it. Even better 99% of updates are after the fact. Mute it. Either way I’m fine with it.
Kids watching are already of an age they’ve heard it both at home and school.
Get over it.
Having said that, using it as excitement for a good shot or angst for a bad shot is ok. Using it against ice or rocks or players, not so much. Just me.

11-25-21 08:30PM
Maggie is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

I remember when Chelsea Carey won the Scotties for AB and one of the front end said, “ we won the effing Scotties.” Love that.

It’s a sheet of curling ice, not the library.

11-25-21 08:36PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

Did any of you Canadians watch the Kyle Rittenhouse trial?

There were so many f-bombs and n-words in that highly public trial.

Here's an example where the prosecutor uses a series of f-bombs while directly talking to the judge:
https://youtu.be/dH7Sch5mXfw?t=4h34m44s

Last edited by curlingclips on 11-25-21 at 08:38PM

11-25-21 09:08PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
I remember when Chelsea Carey won the Scotties for AB and one of the front end said, “ we won the effing Scotties.” Love that.

It’s a sheet of curling ice, not the library.

It was Rachelle Brown. And she said “ we just won the ****ing scotties”!!!!!! Not one complaint.

I remember about 10-15 years ago. Canadian junior women’s final. Tie game, 10 th end. Red light flashes for hog line violation. Young girl says “****”!!. Not a word was said about it. Perfect. There is emotion in the game.

11-25-21 09:25PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by curlingclips
Did any of you Canadians watch the Kyle Rittenhouse trial?

There were so many f-bombs and n-words in that highly public trial.

Here's an example where the prosecutor uses a series of f-bombs while directly talking to the judge:
https://youtu.be/dH7Sch5mXfw?t=4h34m44s
[/QUOT
Oh curling lips.... F off. This is curling talk. Not BS sh&t talk.
Stir it up? Why? Are you looking for followers? We could care less about US bs.

Killer. Nuff said. The end.

Oh

11-26-21 03:11PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Interesting game. If Rocque (Alberta) wins it keeps 2 other Alberta teams chances alive. If Einarson (Manitoba) wins, it’s an all Manitoba playoff.

11-26-21 06:04PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

I imagine if McCarville, Walker or Scheidegger win, there will be a lot of drinks owed to Team Rocque.

11-26-21 07:10PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

So I see they are going to play both semis at the same time. TSN is never the best at covering more than one game on a draw so how are they going to handle this? With only 2 games they could provide almost equal coverage of both but will they? What do the posters here think they will do maybe someone knows?

11-26-21 07:24PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

I don’t care. Curlings on tv. That’s a good thing.

11-26-21 07:37PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I don’t care. Curlings on tv. That’s a good thing.

Yep curling on TV is always a good thing. It is just this unique scenario that has me wondering. I will find out tomorrow night.

11-26-21 08:02PM
hogged again is online now Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
So I see they are going to play both semis at the same time. TSN is never the best at covering more than one game on a draw so how are they going to handle this? With only 2 games they could provide almost equal coverage of both but will they? What do the posters here think they will do maybe someone knows?

If I had the choice I would start the men's semi at 7 and the women's at 830. Gives the team that may have played 2 games a bit more recovery time and would allow broadcasting of ends of both games.

11-26-21 08:25PM
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

If I had the choice I would start the men's semi at 7 and the women's at 830. Gives the team that may have played 2 games a bit more recovery time and would allow broadcasting of ends of both games.

You know that would be a very good idea. The broadcast schedule says the men's and women's semis start at 7:00 local time but that does not necessarily mean both have to start then.

11-27-21 07:29AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

Sceduling announcement

from Curling Canada

A scheduling change will result in the times of the men’s and women’s semifinals being reversed on Saturday at the 2021 Tim Hortons Canadian Curling Trials.

The men’s semifinal will take place at 2 p.m. (all times Central) and the women’s semifinal will be played at 7 p.m.

The women’s semifinal had to be shifted to 7 p.m. due to women’s tiebreaker games being played at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Those who had a ticket only for the 7 p.m. men’s semifinal draw on Saturday will be admitted to the 2 p.m. draw at no added charge; upon display of their original ticket, they will then receive a ticket to attend the afternoon draw featuring the men’s semifinal. Their original ticket also will be honoured for the 7 p.m. women’s semifinal.
Conversely, those who planned only to attend the 2 p.m. women’s game will be admitted, again at no added charge with display of their original ticket, to both the 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. games.
All efforts will be made to secure great seats for both games.
WHY WAS THE CHANGE MADE TO THE SCHEDULE?
The women’s semifinal had to be shifted to 7 p.m. due to women’s tiebreaker games being played at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The change was made to allow both semifinals to play on the featured Sheet C (where both of Sunday’s finals will be played) and to not run concurrently, protecting the competitive integrity of the games for the athletes chasing their Olympic dreams.
Both games will be televised nationally by TSN and RDS.