Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 7 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-17-21 01:59PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Scotties winner

OK folks get out the crystal balls and go on record with your picks.
Brown over Homan in final, Peterson and Einarson in final 4.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-17-21 05:31PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Ill pick Homan vs Fleury (Carey) in the final. Make the final 7-4 Homan.

Final 4 Einarson and Birt

#noatlanticrespect

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 02-17-21 at 11:21PM

02-18-21 06:34PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Whoops my bad there is no final 4, it's a final 3. The top team from the 2nd round goes straight to the final and 2-3 playoff in a semi.
I'll adjust slightly, Homan will be #1, Brown will beat Einarson in semi then Homan in final.

02-18-21 08:06PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I really hope for Brown but would be surprised if they get in top 3. Not sure what so many posters think has changed since last year.

02-18-21 08:54PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Scotties winner

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Unless Homan is injured or too sullen she'd never allow a newbie like Brown to take her out.

Einarson has far too much power on her team from skip to lead but her fortunes will depend on whether she can personally rise to the occasion again.

Peterson is a really smart pick as a complete outsider who only got in because of various teams refusing to attend. She's ambitious and emotional - personally, I think Zacharias would be a better pick as the outsider.

If Rachel somehow falters I can see a Zacharias vs Einarson all-Manitoba final.

But if Rachel maintains her laser-like focus I cannot see her anywhere but in the STOH final.

Peterson got in because other teams weren’t eligible not because they refused to attend...

02-19-21 09:44PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I just watched the first episode of That Curling Show. There were two interesting predictions: Younger teams who haven't been to a Scotties before have an advantage of nothing to compare this event to. (Carey's point.) Second, Atlantic teams have been playing all season, unlike almost everybody else. Birt has momentum and could come on strong. Personally, I expect to see some injuries. If there are no physios in the bubble, (maybe there are) and most personal trainers are advising by Zoom and there are no training facilities, injures are probably. That said, I predict a young fresh team. Zacharias.

02-19-21 09:48PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Off topic but what's up with the Tim Hortons ads?
The first one says our dark roast was garbage for years but this time we got it right.
The second says after years and years and years of serving egg substitute we finally realized a real egg was better.

02-19-21 11:03PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Einarson looked very comfortable out there, real sharp for game 1 after season of no play.
Did Northern Ontario change their colour? Doesn't look like the same green.

02-20-21 08:29AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Einarson looked very comfortable out there, real sharp for game 1 after season of no play.

That would be Dynasty Curling's decision. The official supplier of uniforms of course with Curling Canada's stamp of approval.
Interesting that DCs website indicates that they were founded in 2015 but have over "20 years experience".

Last edited by decade on 02-20-21 at 08:32AM

02-20-21 08:38AM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

That green that NO is forced to wear is putrid!

02-20-21 09:45AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Bmalky

I agree and does nothing for the women either. There are some lovely shades of green out there that could haves been used.

02-20-21 11:44AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Sometimes change for the sake of change is just dumb. I heard these were supposed to be an attempt at throw back uniforms....more like throw up.

Keep the traditional provincial colours and get funky with the wild card uniforms if you feel the need to have splashy uniforms.

I'd like to know who actually decided to change all the colours and the real question, why?

02-20-21 01:43PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Zacharias was barely able to hang around with Einarson beyond 7 ends. Einarson took her foot off the pedal around the 6th end and just coasted to shore.

Don't write off Zacharias just yet!

She was fortunate to take her first beating from a compassionate group of fellow Manitobans. It could have gotten ugly if she was up against a remorseless monster like Homan.

Zacharias is going to have to find a way to throw up weight shots. She tried a triple and a flat double and both times had nowhere near the weight needed to make the shot even though she was pushing out as hard as she could.
You can be competitive at the top level without the up weight as Arsenalult, Mccarville, Birt and Sweeting have shown but if you want to beat players like Homan, Hasselborg, Einarson, Jones and Carey you need to have the shots that they have. Homan and Hasselborg throw the up weight seemingly effortlessly, other players like Lawes and Miskew use a bigger arm push at the end which is what Zacharias will probably need to work on.

Last edited by hogged again on 02-20-21 at 01:45PM

02-20-21 03:00PM
abcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for abcurler Click here to Send abcurler a Private Message Find more posts by abcurler Add abcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
abcurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Suzanne birt can riffle them as well. Maybe not with the hasselborg or homan range but she can whip them down the sheet as well.

02-20-21 03:03PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:

Is there a covid supply chain problem with colours as it looked like Manitoba had the same yellowy green as NO.

02-20-21 03:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Is there a covid supply chain problem with colours as it looked like Manitoba had the same yellowy green as NO.

NO looks more like baby poop mustard. I'll date myself for the MB colour, it looks like pop shoppe lime rickey. Whatever happened to the two different uniforms? The whites when they play the yellow rocks and the darks when they played the red rocks? Now it's one unrecognizable colour for all.

02-20-21 03:28PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Jones Man colour is definitely sickening.

02-20-21 06:51PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The Ontario uniforms are from Tim Hortons circa 2014-15

02-20-21 07:01PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Curling clinic by Homan today. The more I see them the more impressed I am. Total pros, great attitude, great communication, laser focus, just a treat to watch.

02-20-21 08:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Jones Man colour is definitely sickening.

Originally I thought lime rickey green. I've changed my mind to pickle juice green from a jar of pickles. Again, why?

02-20-21 09:00PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Getting hammer in the 1st end at this level is important. Why does TSN never show the draw to the button? I realize they don't like change at TSN and showing the button draw would cut into the show they have been doing for 25 years but it's a big deal, it\s part of the actual game and it should be shown.

02-20-21 09:14PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Getting hammer in the 1st end at this level is important. Why does TSN never show the draw to the button? I realize they don't like change at TSN and showing the button draw would cut into the show they have been doing for 25 years but it's a big deal, it\s part of the actual game and it should be shown.

All they need to do is cut the 5 minute pregame schtick to 4, and show the draw the button for both teams. Do we really need to see the overhead shot of the arena before every draw? I think not. For the TSN suggestion box, make it a sponsored draw to the button. The Cashmere draw to the button. 1 less minute of drivel, 1 more minute of paid sponsor time. Wiping out the competition! Win win.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 02-20-21 at 09:18PM

02-21-21 08:42AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I think the ice got to the team. With tricky ice, sometimes it’s good to keep things simple. Jocelyn had a horrible night as well.

02-21-21 09:20AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

2 thoughts...do you think Team Fleury will bring Carey on as a 5th?

I feel Kaitlyn is marking time until the trials are done. Then she’ll go elsewhere.

02-21-21 01:13PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Jones hasn't been knocked silly like that in a long time

Yes it was the worst game she's played in a long time. But that's probably all it is. The announcers were falling over themselves trying to explain it away--at one point they were claiming that Jones needs a crowd to feed off--and they ignored the simplest explanation. She's older, hasn't played much at all this year and it may take a little longer to get in a groove physically. I expect all teams this week to have a stinker or two as no one has played enough to be consistent.