Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-29-21 04:38PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Official Team Canada photo shows 7 people:
https://twitter.com/CurlingCanada/s...847447515303936

The 4 core members, Karwacki as alternate, Nedohin as team coach, and Sonnenberg from Curling Canada.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-29-21 04:40PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

Nigeria played with 3 at the last Asia-Pacific event in 2019.

KAZ also played with 3 at 2018 PACC, at least for one game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbb17qiQ9hk

04-29-21 04:59PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

Nigeria played with 3 at the last Asia-Pacific event in 2019.

Completely different situation.
There is a pandemic. The 3 team members that tested negative are close contacts. Normally, Thai’s means being quarantined for several days.

04-29-21 06:00PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Completely different situation.
There is a pandemic. The 3 team members that tested negative are close contacts. Normally, Thai’s means being quarantined for several days.

The team members were separated and isolated individually for several days upon arrival. They probably did fly and drive together to Calgary, but they were separated immediately after that.

Depending on how many days of isolation is needed, they may have already reached that threshold. And in any case, the other 3 that didn't test positive is already in a separate containment hotel from the other 2. They've already joined the rest of the participants that have all tested negative.

04-29-21 07:59PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

My buddy just got isolated for 14 days because of close contact.

04-29-21 08:07PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

What these Korean girls have gone through..

https://www.si.com/curling/news/cur...WQeCxzBQAqx2h0M

https://www.si.com/curling/news/pri...rling-officials

04-29-21 10:06PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Curlingclips, I was intrigued by your recent post which suggested that Sarah Wilkes was being "underutilized" on Homan's team.

Are you in effect implying that if she were to play vice, the team's overall performance would improve? Or ??

04-29-21 10:56PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Curlingclips, I was intrigued by your recent post which suggested that Sarah Wilkes was being "underutilized" on Homan's team.

Are you in effect implying that if she were to play vice, the team's overall performance would improve? Or ??

I don't think I've said this. Can you point me to where I've said this? I haven't used the word "underutilized" in quite some time. (English is not my first language).

In any case, I think 5 rock rule has changed the game such that 3rd playing 2nd is just fine by me.

I'm fine with what Homan did to revamp her team, even if it means kicking Weagle off.

04-29-21 11:17PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

It was cnpeters who stated “underutilized”.

04-29-21 11:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Team Germany approved to play with 3.

04-30-21 09:04AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Good luck to Team Einarson. It's gonna be a tough field and your first game today will dictate your playing ability. I know you guys can do it and I'll be cheering for you all the way. All the best.

04-30-21 11:22AM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

World Curling TV

If you want to watch more than just Canada games on TSN go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdcBeWfWdOw on Youtube. You can subscribe to World Curling TV. Watching Scotland/USA right now.

04-30-21 11:55AM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Hasselhoff

It may be asking too much to request for your opinions to be more informed and grounded in reality, but can you please just at least refer to curlers by their proper names? No deliberate botching/misspelling, no nick names, just please have the decency to use their proper names?

04-30-21 02:03PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

It may be asking too much to request for your opinions to be more informed and grounded in reality, but can you please just at least refer to curlers by their proper names? No deliberate botching/misspelling, no nick names, just please have the decency to use their proper names?

ML fancies himself as the entertainment of this forum. To save everyone the trouble, let's just call him the class clown. He demeans woman, gives them the ridiculous nick names and just assumes the public will follow him. NEWS BULLETIN...ML grow up.

04-30-21 02:30PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:

Just proved a point. You seem to get angrily aroused with a gentle mispelling of a star curler's name but you remain silent when vermin like "Guido" start calling people "Manitoba Idiot".

If you are mentally ill (like Guido) then you are excused from humour. But if you are serious about criticizing a name pun while letting vermin like Guido continue his unchecked rampage on this site - perhaps you should check in with an anger management counsellor.

The only anger I see is coming from you, ML. You have been asked nicely several times to lay off the demeaning nicknames, misogyny, ageism, etc. You either ignore the request or lash out at the person who requested.

What a shame that you can’t do some self reflection and do better.

04-30-21 02:30PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:

If you are mentally ill ..

In an ideal world, we would all treat each other with utmost respect. The underlying problem here is that you don't even treat the curlers with the utmost respect, and things just get worse from there.

04-30-21 04:50PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

First end Hasselborg overthrows a takeout and misses. Russ says it's because the pebble is worn down. In the first end!
After 2 weeks of excellent announcing from the Sportsnet crew I'm not sure I can handle the TSN terrible trio.

04-30-21 05:10PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

It’s incredibly sad that this forum has degenerated into a juvenile name calling festival.
Honestly, it’s pathetic. The name calling, the piling on, etc. is at the level of uneducated adolescents. Just unfortunately immature people taking advantage that no-one really moderates this forum. That some doing the piling on are relatively new posters is quite disturbing.
If any of you believe that you’re being ‘clever’ by calling someone ‘an idiot’, and by piling on, you are in truth only revealing your own defective characters.

I don’t agree with everything ML writes, but I will defend his right to post what he does. If you disagree with him, that’s fine - do so in a mature and intelligent manner. But it seems that some are entirely incapable of this. How completely arrogant it is for someone to tell another poster what he should and should not be posting! It’s incredible. That ML’s posts disturb you so much is much more of a negative reflection on those who call him juvenile names than it is on ML.
And those of you calling him ‘sexist’ and ‘politically incorrect’, while supporting and agreeing with those who post far more grave and personal insults on this board, are the ultimate hypocrites.

It’s so sad that this - really the only message board dedicated to curling - is being ruined by people who have yet to grow out of their ugly adolescent behaviour.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-30-21 05:50PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

...How completely arrogant it is for someone to tell another poster what he should and should not be posting! It’s incredible...

Relatively new poster here pointing out that’s exactly what you just did.

04-30-21 05:58PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
How completely arrogant it is for someone to tell another poster what he should and should not be posting!

To be clear, I've only asked 2 things from ML: (i) to be more factual and make statements that are verifiable, and (ii) to have the decency to refer to curlers by proper names.

I come from a culture where someone's name is a powerful thing. This is less true in western culture, but there are still elements of this kind of basic respect and decency (Rumpelstiltskin, "sacre bleu", "G-d" instead of "God", etc.).

Referring to Jennifer Jones as JJ in writing is fine. Referring to John Morris as Johnnymo is fine.

Misspelling Anette Norberg as Annette Nordberg should be avoided, but it's understandable.

Referring to Anna Hasselborg as Hasselhoff is totally inappropriate in my opinion.

04-30-21 06:14PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

To be clear, I've only asked 2 things from ML: (i) to be more factual and make statements that are verifiable, and (ii) to have the decency to refer to curlers by proper names.

I come from a culture where someone's name is a powerful thing. This is less true in western culture, but there are still elements of this kind of basic respect and decency (Rumpelstiltskin, "sacre bleu", "G-d" instead of "God", etc.).

Referring to Jennifer Jones as JJ in writing is fine. Referring to John Morris as Johnnymo is fine.

Misspelling Anette Norberg as Annette Nordberg should be avoided, but it's understandable.

Referring to Anna Hasselborg as Hasselhoff is totally inappropriate in my opinion.

Good points. I think most people look to this forum for intelligent discussion on the game. This can include offbeat and controversial opinions. Agree that juvenile behavior, piling on, disrespectful language (including name calling) and incoherent ramblings take away from what I look to get out of this forum. Posters who habitually present incorrect facts or opinions presented facts lose credibility.

04-30-21 06:16PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

You know, you can put ML on your "ignore" list, under settings and won't have to read his posts and we can just stick with curling.

04-30-21 06:42PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

Relatively new poster here pointing out that’s exactly what you just did.

Not even remotely close.

I'm commenting on posts that included personal insults of another poster, piling on, etc. (of which you were a part), whereas the personal insult posts, piling on, and posts telling ML what he should and should not be writing were responses to general posts by ML, without any personal reference, nor insults, to any poster.

I'd say 'nice try' in trying to defend your behaviour... but it really wasn't a nice try - it was simply laziness.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-30-21 06:47PM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:

You are saying that you want ML to conform to your personal perspective of what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'.
Who are you to demand that others write only from YOUR perspective??!
Is this a public message board, or is it your own personal creation, in which you've set explicit guidelines as to what is acceptable and what is not?
You seem to believe that posters here should be posting only to please you.

What's next? Are you going to tell us what colour shirt we should wear when we type our posts?

This is exactly what I'm referring to as being incredible arrogance.

Last edited by On The Nose on 04-30-21 at 06:51PM

04-30-21 07:16PM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Canada blew that game.
They were in the driver's seat halfway through, as Sweden were struggling with the ice. All Canada had to do was maintain a mediocre level in the second half as Sweden improved their play.

The difference between the two teams in the first half of the game was quite large. But the difference between the two teams in the second half was even larger - and in the opposite direction.
Definitely a game that Canada should have won.