Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-18-22 10:26AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel

Does Edin retire if he gets the gold? Even without? Physically he must want it. Can 4x Olympic medalist and certified handsome man Eriksson skip?

I think its entirely possible if he wins he retires. What more would he have to motivate him to continue. If he loses I'm sure he will go 4 more years . I'd be surprised if he didn't. Eriksson definitely could skip, he was a brilliant skip before joining edin. But, much like Edin you'd have to wonder what would keep him motivated if they won.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-18-22 11:14AM
Sparepart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparepart Find more posts by Sparepart Add Sparepart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparepart
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
All of this nuance talk about Moskowy is BS.
Everyone is skirting around the issue with accusations, but providing no foundation at all, other than further vague references.

What exactly is going on here?
How can some people apparently know what happened, but the majority not know?
And if these people know, and are so sure they know, why are they keeping it a secret?
Or is it that the people who claim to know really don't know anything apart from vague rumours and hearsay?

I don't know Moskowy, and I've never had any opinion either for or against him. I've always been, and remain, completely neutral about him.
I have no idea if Moskowy did anything bad or not. And if he did, I obviously have no idea what.

I simply find it BS to make such radical accusations about a person without providing an ounce of evidence, or even a link to evidence.
Even google searches turn up absolutely nothing except for 'personal reasons' being why he missed playing some events.
If there's nothing on google (and bing, either), how can anyone posting in this thread know what happened?
Speak up or say nothing.

A possible reason for others that are in the know of the "alleged" incident not speaking out against the curler or not taking Curling Canada to task for the "sweeping" of it is because they themselves have some behaviors/incidents of their own that they don't want aired.

02-18-22 11:44AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I could not agree more with the person calling BS on this.
I too know nothing about the guilt or innocence of this man You people are despicable! There is "snoopy gossip" and "malicious gossip"
This is malicious, and maybe criminal and libelous.
You KNOW nothing. Reddit and twitter are your sources!!!
What a joke! Climb back into your coven.
Like I said before, I known nothing about the guilt or innocence of this man. The fact I am commenting on it is the result of your maliciousness.
I am not being funny here as the BS you spew is a serious matter, but the personal matter is nobody's business, and could be as simple as a minor medical matter which is pretty damn painful and extremely personal

02-18-22 11:45AM
hoggedrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoggedrock Find more posts by hoggedrock Add hoggedrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoggedrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

Can you link the Reddit thread? I can’t find it. What subreddit is it under?

02-18-22 02:02PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

The original post has been removed by the moderators, but most of the remains of the thread are still there

https://www.reddit.com/r/Curling/co...oskowys_return/

02-18-22 02:47PM
shocka22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shocka22 Find more posts by shocka22 Add shocka22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hi guys. I'm from Croatia, and I'm new to this beautiful sport and forum. I was searching for the forum where I can find people and informations which are valueable in the curling world, because I want to follow it more closely. I understand the rules and the scoring system, but I'm far from any tactical knowledge haha. What is interesting to me, is the question how curling federations pick the teams who will represent them in the European Championship, World Championship or the Olympics. Do they have some national championship where the teams compete or the federations choose them based on their own estimation, previous results etc haha.

02-18-22 03:26PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by shocka22
Hi guys. I'm from Croatia, and I'm new to this beautiful sport and forum. I was searching for the forum where I can find people and informations which are valueable in the curling world, because I want to follow it more closely. I understand the rules and the scoring system, but I'm far from any tactical knowledge haha. What is interesting to me, is the question how curling federations pick the teams who will represent them in the European Championship, World Championship or the Olympics. Do they have some national championship where the teams compete or the federations choose them based on their own estimation, previous results etc haha.

Yes.

02-18-22 03:46PM
shocka22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shocka22 Find more posts by shocka22 Add shocka22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Yes.

Oh I see, guido has good sense of humor

02-18-22 03:52PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

The wiki articles for a given World Championship are usually a great resource; the more recent ones tend to include qualifying info for countries.

02-18-22 04:15PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by shocka22

Yes, they do.

The nations that have lots of curlers have regional and national competitions to decide who their representatives will be at the annual World Championships. Canada has the most extensive competitions and they usually get national TV coverage. The next big one on the calendar is called the Brier and is the men’s national championship that starts in about two weeks. Their womens event, called the Scotties, wrapped up just as the Olympics were getting started, and you can find those matches on YouTube now if you look.

The World Championships for the women and men are still coming up in March and April, and you can find information on how to watch those at worldcurling.org

02-18-22 07:39PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Gushue on CBC basically saying they will likely have to break up the team because of residency, but haven't had those discussions.

02-18-22 07:52PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
The original post has been removed by the moderators, but most of the remains of the thread are still there

https://www.reddit.com/r/Curling/co...oskowys_return/

^ Thanks for finally providing an actual link... but the link just shows more of the same. Just vague nuance. Absolutely nothing concrete.
"I heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone that something happened. Wow - this guy is a disgusting pig!"
This is stuff that 12 year old children do in the schoolyard!
I suppose it's not surprising when 'social media' is people's main 'source' of 'information'.

Lots of people claiming to know enough to call Moskowy all sorts of disgusting names - but these people who claim to know what happened aren't telling any semblance of detail about what happened!
From what I've seen, all of this could be just a rumour that someone started, and it snowballed on 'social media' - because that's the main purpose of 'social media', of course.
While people do certainly do bad things - and they should suffer consequences for their actions -, it is also very true that in today's world of 'political correctness', lots of people are looking to accuse others for doing very benign things - because 'political correctness' states that you MUST be the victim of SOMEthing at least 7 times per day.
Sigh...

Look - if Moskowy really did do something bad to another person, then he deserves to be punished, and deserves people calling him whatever names fit the action he did. Absolutely.
But it seems that, apart from Moskowy himself and maybe his family and close friends, NOBODY knows what happened (if anything actually did happen), and everyone is just reacting and reaching conclusions based ONLY on hearsay from others who know just as little. That's not right.
As I said before - identify the action that you're accusing the person of, or be quiet.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-18-22 08:38PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

^ Thanks for finally providing an actual link... but the link just shows more of the same. Just vague nuance. Absolutely nothing concrete.
"I heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone that something happened. Wow - this guy is a disgusting pig!"
This is stuff that 12 year old children do in the schoolyard!
I suppose it's not surprising when 'social media' is people's main 'source' of 'information'.

Lots of people claiming to know enough to call Moskowy all sorts of disgusting names - but these people who claim to know what happened aren't telling any semblance of detail about what happened!
From what I've seen, all of this could be just a rumour that someone started, and it snowballed on 'social media' - because that's the main purpose of 'social media', of course.
While people do certainly do bad things - and they should suffer consequences for their actions -, it is also very true that in today's world of 'political correctness', lots of people are looking to accuse others for doing very benign things - because 'political correctness' states that you MUST be the victim of SOMEthing at least 7 times per day.
Sigh...

Look - if Moskowy really did do something bad to another person, then he deserves to be punished, and deserves people calling him whatever names fit the action he did. Absolutely.
But it seems that, apart from Moskowy himself and maybe his family and close friends, NOBODY knows what happened (if anything actually did happen), and everyone is just reacting and reaching conclusions based ONLY on hearsay from others who know just as little. That's not right.
As I said before - identify the action that you're accusing the person of, or be quiet.

I don’t know if your reading comprehension is bad , or you just didn’t see this on Reddit???

After a consensual sexual encounter, Moskowy sent naked video of her out to his snapchat friends. She didn't know of it until the next day when friends of her's were asking her about it.

She has quit curling because of it.

02-18-22 09:07PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

I don’t know if your reading comprehension is bad , or you just didn’t see this on Reddit???

After a consensual sexual encounter, Moskowy sent naked video of her out to his snapchat friends. She didn't know of it until the next day when friends of her's were asking her about it.

She has quit curling because of it.

^ Thank you for FINALLY providing something concrete.

There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension - but my 'social media' reading comprehension is most certainly lacking (which is something I take some pride in, actually).
It's very difficult to follow those Reddit threads, as they branch off into numerous other branches, and one must keep clicking on repeated links to follow a thread.

So I have just now spent the better part of 20 minutes reading through the various branches of the thread. Indeed, there seems to be substance to the accusation. What Moskowy is alleged to have done is indeed a bad thing - and there should be consequences to him if he is guilty of doing that - consequences by Curling Canada, and by the regional justice system.
That it involved another curler who aspired to play in the 'Scotties' one day, and who has now apparently stopped curling because of the incident, makes the situation all the more tragic.

That said, 'social media' is not the place to deal with matters like this. 'Social media' is 98% garbage, and easily dismissed as nonsense.
As a couple of people in the Reddit thread wrote:
"Your friend's not gonna get that kind of justice unless the police get involved. Ranting into the void on reddit and in the YouTube comment section won't get anything done. As many people have told you, go to the press. Don't just tag them in the screenshots of the deleted YouTube and reddit posts, send them a thorough email with actual evidence beyond "well everyone knows" and 'Moskowy hasn't played since the Trials'."

Serious matters require a serious platform - which 'social media' certainly is not.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-19-22 12:53AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

^ Thank you for FINALLY providing something concrete.

Indeed, there seems to be substance to the accusation. What Moskowy is alleged to have done is indeed a bad thing - and there should be consequences to him if he is guilty of doing that - consequences by Curling Canada, and by the regional justice system.
That it involved another curler who aspired to play in the 'Scotties' one day, and who has now apparently stopped curling because of the incident, makes the situation all the more tragic.

As a couple of people in the Reddit thread wrote:
"Moskowy hasn't played since the Trials'."

Serious matters require a serious platform - which 'social media' certainly is not.

You’re welcome.
It’s not alleged!!
His consequences were a 2or 3 week suspension by curling Canada. I believe this is what the problem is.
The handling of this is what caused the person to quit curling. Not the incident.

JMHO based on what I have read.

02-20-22 06:29PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

I have nothing concrete to base this on, but I think there's a good chance that this is the end of the road for the current iteration of Team Fujisawa. In particular, Chinami Yoshida seems to be the one that might not have another four year run in her. She's the only one that wasn't scheduled to participate in Japanese Mixed Doubles national championship next month (which has unfortunately been canceled due to COVID), and has mentioned before that she might have quit had they not overcome Team Yoshimura to become Japan's representative.

Keeping up with "the Big Four" in Japanese women's curling is a tremendous commitment, and largely prevents them from having any life outside of curling, and with Chinami's massive social media following (nearly a quarter of a million Instagram followers!), she seems most likely to have the will to branch away from competitive curling into other avenues.

Kotomi Ishizaki would also be 47 at the next Olympics, which is quite an advanced age for even a reserve.

That said, there's at least a couple months of milking post-Olympics endorsements to come, so I wouldn't expect any announcements on their team until summer at the earliest.

02-20-22 09:51PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

Never mind all that. Just saw Chinami's Instragram story which happily proves me wrong, as she resolves to try and pull an Edin in 2026.

02-21-22 01:33AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I'm glad she's sticking around; the team has had a LONG season it seems, playing since the Hokkaido Bank in August -- whew.

02-21-22 06:53PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
I'm glad she's sticking around; the team has had a LONG season it seems, playing since the Hokkaido Bank in August -- whew.

As there is a chance for the 2030 Games to be held in Sapporo again, my own personal desire is for them to win the Gold there before riding off into the sunset.

02-21-22 07:36PM
Dangermouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dangermouse Click here to Send Dangermouse a Private Message Find more posts by Dangermouse Add Dangermouse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dangermouse
Swing Artist

I don’t expect Sapporo to win that bid. The last 3 Olympics (summer and winter) have been held in the Far East so I think someone else deserves their shot.

02-21-22 08:56PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Dangermouse
I don’t expect Sapporo to win that bid. The last 3 Olympics (summer and winter) have been held in the Far East so I think someone else deserves their shot.

That's four Olympics away. And Asia has well over a third of the world’s population.

Italy already had a winter Games in 2006 and they're getting another one just 20 years after. Sapporo 2030 would be 32 years after Japan's last winter Games.

02-21-22 09:24PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Calgary 2030!

02-21-22 11:52PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Being from Calgary that is not going to happen again. 2026 was voted down in a plebiscite and there is no appetite right away for another bid.

Also, there is another bid in Canada that is gathering momentum and is endorsed by the Canadian Olympic Committe. That being Vancouver. It is a bid with a serious/major Indigenous participation.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...34-13a5ccdbb0cb

02-22-22 09:12AM
Frost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frost Find more posts by Frost Add Frost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frost
Knee-Slider

Joanne Courtney has announced she is stepping away from curling.

02-22-22 10:25AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Frost
Joanne Courtney has announced she is stepping away from curling.

These semi-retirements will keep becoming more and more common. The commitment to be on a top team is undoubtedly a large one. Take a year or two off, then come back, a la Marc Kennedy.

The Olympics has, probably unfortunately, taken an oversized amount of importance in the Canadian curling world, with one result being these couple years after the Olympics being treated as “less important”.