Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-20-20 05:27PM
MKL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MKL Find more posts by MKL Add MKL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MKL
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Bmalky

This isn't an urban legend. It happened in the 1991 World's. It was Kevin Martin and Kevin Park. In fact, they did it twice. The Pro-Canadian crowd was not impressed.
https://thecurlingnews.com/2010/09/...-curling-video/

My apologies for bringing up an old subject, but my memory has been bugging me about this!

I remember an instance of this before the 1991 World's, but it is a faint memory. Ed Werenich's team, I believe, brought out the corn in the final of the 1990 World Championships against David Smith of Scotland. The event was in Sweden, and as I remember it the ice was very straight. It was a very low-scoring (and boring) game up to that point, and the frustration of Werenich and his team was extreme. I've searched the internet, and the only information I can find is a final score of 3-1 for Canada, not even a line-score indicating who scored in which ends. If anybody else remembers this or has information, please post.

In the same vein, did not Kevin Martin use corn in the house for at least several years after everyone else was using brushes? As I remember it, that was none too popular among some other curlers!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-20-20 05:37PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
I found a comprehensive resource regarding residency and alternate players policy. It answers a lot of the common questions.

https://www.curling.ca/team-canada/...y-requirements/
https://www.curling.ca/team-canada/...gibility-rules/
https://www.curling.ca/team-canada/...-player-policy/

Great find. If I read this correctly if the team already has a free agent, the 5th must be a resident, no mention of living elsewhere but born in the province they want to represent.

03-20-20 05:50PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet
I will start by enrolling them in the University of Tuktoyatuk. So you can imagine what their crests will say.

Likely Caribou. Surely you aren't making fun of NWT/Yukon/Nvt curlers?

03-20-20 06:02PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

I think he meant the crest would say. TUK. U

03-20-20 06:37PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MKL

My apologies for bringing up an old subject, but my memory has been bugging me about this!

I remember an instance of this before the 1991 World's, but it is a faint memory. Ed Werenich's team, I believe, brought out the corn in the final of the 1990 World Championships against David Smith of Scotland. The event was in Sweden, and as I remember it the ice was very straight. It was a very low-scoring (and boring) game up to that point, and the frustration of Werenich and his team was extreme. I've searched the internet, and the only information I can find is a final score of 3-1 for Canada, not even a line-score indicating who scored in which ends. If anybody else remembers this or has information, please post.

In the same vein, did not Kevin Martin use corn in the house for at least several years after everyone else was using brushes? As I remember it, that was none too popular among some other curlers!

Don't remember the Wrench incident.

But yes, Kevin Martin did in fact do that. I believe it was in Winnipeg that year.

He was young, but knew better, obviously, because he knew what would happen if he brought the corn out.

Never cheered for him again.

03-20-20 07:05PM
MKL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MKL Find more posts by MKL Add MKL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MKL
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

Don't remember the Wrench incident.

But yes, Kevin Martin did in fact do that. I believe it was in Winnipeg that year.

He was young, but knew better, obviously, because he knew what would happen if he brought the corn out.

Never cheered for him again.

I don't know, I may have a faulty memory. Its very faint, so maybe I put the wrong team on the incident. In any case, I was much more of a Wrench fan than a Martin fan back in the day (although i did become a fast fan of the later Old Bear.)

03-20-20 07:33PM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:

I would not make fun of any curler born anywhere in Canada.
I am one of the Western Canada curlers who believes that we don't have some special DNA that makes us better curlers.
I find it interesting how at times lightening strikes a bottle and out pops two great curlers in a province. Example The Sullivan cousins in NB, Brad and Mark, Susan Gaudet and Robin McPhee. Gallant and Casey
There are a lot more examples. Unfortunately they can't get the competition where they live and fall by the wayside

03-20-20 07:41PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Kevin Martin and the corn broom....

https://thecurlingnews.com/2010/09/...-curling-video/

03-20-20 08:13PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but Laura Walker is expecting, if you know what I mean.

https://twitter.com/gwalker71/statu...059111896137728

03-21-20 05:23AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/the-curse-of-labonte

You decide

03-21-20 05:29AM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/r...in-the-dominion

The car spiels Anyone remember them?

03-21-20 03:05PM
PSanders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PSanders Find more posts by PSanders Add PSanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PSanders
Harvey Hacksmasher

WOW! that was way back in the 'stone' age!!! btw....back then all of the competitive curlers who used push rooms took advantage of any corn that was laid down on the ice (from the sheet being played on...OR...from sheets beside us which had strong corn broom sweepers.
...just sayin...and NOT apologizing

03-21-20 05:09PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Getting back to the thread topic for a sec. So the Brown/Ferguson front end combo are not on a team for next year that we know of is that correct??

03-21-20 08:26PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Just announced that Brown and Ferguson are joining Kelsey Rocques team.

03-21-20 08:32PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

The From the Hack Podcast has just posted a short interview with Jamie Sinclair.

The highlights are that the other members of her team basically left her, and this was to her surprise.

US HPP plans on supporting three teams again next season (assuming there ever is one) and that she will look in that direction first, but added that curling back in Canada would also be an option open to her.

(I still wonder about the timing of the Olympic cycle and the rules of that, but as she’s only over the line by a month, and as the calendars could wind up shifting what with the pandemic)

03-21-20 08:51PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Observer

(I still wonder about the timing of the Olympic cycle and the rules of that, but as she’s only over the line by a month

Do the rules actually matter? I'm thinking about the Cdn bobsledder that walked away to US team.

03-21-20 09:35PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Do the rules actually matter? I'm thinking about the Cdn bobsledder that walked away to US team.

Marrying Armbruster and getting her release from bsc allowed her to compete for the US this season. To compete in Beijing she needs to become and American citizen.

03-21-20 09:46PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

This just in
Russian Curling Federation surveillance Division;
Ring Ring: “Sarah here, how can I help you?”
“Sarah, Rachel here, Want to join the mean girls?”
“I have to think about it” A second passes, “Yes!!” “But what will I tell Chels?”
“That’s your problem; buck up if you want to be a mean girl”
“OK, give me a day or two”
“Do it today” “I got some firing to do myself”
“Where are we going to curl out of” “Ontario for now, but let’s see what damage we do to Alberta curling” “We can always change our minds”
Putin: “Bug the Carey team, and Weagle’s home phone”
Two days later, Phone rings at the Brown residence “What are we going to do?, Sarah left us.”
“Maybe that is good” “Good excuse to get away from Dan” “Plus who knows who Chels could pick up to play third” “Lets blow this popsicle stand” “But where are we going to curl?” “Don’t worry, we are too much fun to curl with, someone will pick us up” “OK, let’s go see Chels, and tell her, we don’t want any hard feeling”

03-21-20 10:12PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

quote:

Marrying Armbruster and getting her release from bsc allowed her to compete for the US this season. To compete in Beijing she needs to become and American citizen.

Seem to recall there was some blackmail leverage available. Dropping a big lawsuit to get her realease.

03-22-20 08:30AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

Since we are attempting to be humorous.......
Regarding some team changes one could say Lisa was ticked off.
Colton was just a flash in the pan.
Jason G couldn’t see the forest through the trees....
Sara didn’t need any carry on luggage for flying.

03-22-20 11:01AM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by dks
Since we are attempting to be humorous.......
Regarding some team changes one could say Lisa was ticked off.
Colton was just a flash in the pan.
Jason G couldn’t see the forest through the trees....
Sara didn’t need any carry on luggage for flying.

I am glad you seen that for what it was meant to be.

03-22-20 11:20AM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

And now for some bold predictions;
1. Roque and company has just become the strongest team in Alberta. There are many reasons for that, but mainly the front end that are often misjudged due to them having so much fun. They are excellent curlers and brushers
2. Silvernagle will not win Sask. They did not improve their team
3. Carey will move back to Manitoba to be with daddy. She will surprise and either win Manitoba or be runner up-
4. A "super team" will be built on the east coast. They will excel and make a run at getting into the roar of the rings
5. Kirk Muyers will represent Sask in the brier

03-22-20 04:51PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet
And now for some bold predictions;
1. Roque and company has just become the strongest team in Alberta. There are many reasons for that, but mainly the front end that are often misjudged due to them having so much fun. They are excellent curlers and brushers
2. Silvernagle will not win Sask. They did not improve their team
3. Carey will move back to Manitoba to be with daddy. She will surprise and either win Manitoba or be runner up-
4. A "super team" will be built on the east coast. They will excel and make a run at getting into the roar of the rings
5. Kirk Muyers will represent Sask in the brier

1. Homan is the stromgest team in Alberta.
2. Sask is always up in the air.
3. I agree
4. Not a chance.
5. Yes, but what year?

03-22-20 09:13PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
The From the Hack Podcast has just posted a short interview with Jamie Sinclair.

The highlights are that the other members of her team basically left her, and this was to her surprise.

US HPP plans on supporting three teams again next season (assuming there ever is one) and that she will look in that direction first, but added that curling back in Canada would also be an option open to her.

(I still wonder about the timing of the Olympic cycle and the rules of that, but as she’s only over the line by a month, and as the calendars could wind up shifting what with the pandemic)

Following a very successful 2017- '18 season the US Curling Assoc. decided that changes had to be made to Sinclair's team. So Messrs. Brown , Drobnick and Fenson recruited Sarah and Taylor Anderson and Cory Christensen. For some reason they assumed because the twins were so good in Mixed Doubles and Cory had the "same style" as Sinclair this was an ideal "fit". But Cory was anything but a "good fit" and the twins only proved that being superior in Mixed Doubles does not necessarily
translate well to a transitional curling format. In terms of the WCT Money List, Sinclair's rating dropped from 2nd to 29th over the period.

So what does Sinclair do now that her team has abandoned her? In the USA the prospects of assembling a good team now seem somewhat dismal. In Canada, not much better. In any case, good luck to her.

03-22-20 10:33PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Perhaps Team Einarson will bring her aboard - as a 5th player?

Why?

I like Jamie. She's clearly a talented player, but being a 5th for Team Einarson makes no sense until after the next Scotties unless Val is leaving which makes even less sense after winning Scotties.