Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-20-23 10:34PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Hey Scotland

Watching the replay of Canada Scotland. Muirhead on line 2. "I told you so". At this point they're hoping not to get relegated.

Sulu also called in to say "OOH MYY".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-21-23 01:25AM
naterock_11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for naterock_11 Find more posts by naterock_11 Add naterock_11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
naterock_11
Harvey Hacksmasher

I really want Kerri to break through this time. At least make the final. The Canadian women have not been doing very well recently on the international stage. They typically don't even make the playoffs. People get mad that Gushue can't beat Edin these days but he's at least making the finals.

I don't see anyone beating Tirinzoni. But the path is definitely clear for Einarson to play Switzerland in the final. It's that or bust. Einarson was denied a world championship like Gushue was, but it's worse. Because she hasn't won it and may never win it.

03-21-23 02:19AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Re: Hey Scotland

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
At this point they're hoping not to get relegated.

There's no relegation at World Men's & World Women's.

Relegation happens at Europeans & Pan-Continental at the start of season. No matter what happens at 2023 Worlds, Scotland is still in European A, and whether or not Scotland qualifies for 2024 Worlds has nothing to do with results of 2023 Worlds.

03-21-23 02:57AM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

Re: Hey Scotland

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Watching the replay of Canada Scotland. Muirhead on line 2. "I told you so". At this point they're hoping not to get relegated.

Sulu also called in to say "OOH MYY".

Scottish (British) Curling should have let Eve concentrate on mixed doubles this quad, and who knows, she could have regained some fire to compete in womens again, but alas, here we are. At least they have Dodds/Mouat and Team Mouat/Team Whyte to give them good chances at medalling at international competitions. Morrison could of course sneak a European medal again, but it seems more dependent on other teams performance than her own.

Side note, I think i saw Scottish/British Curling has/had an opening for an Olympic Head Coach, maybe Eve can do that. I would still like to see her at events even if she is no longer playing.

03-21-23 08:25AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I'd really like to see Norway make top 6. This is a solid team. I just hope that los to Canada doesn't come back to cost them. The gave it away in the 10th

Denmark lucky not to be 0-5 but , in that same breath Canada lucky not to be 2-3

Sweden struggling badly again. That's a surprise

Tsn crew once again bringing up tirinzoni and paetz as greatest of all time wic is ridiculous. The can win 10 world's in a row and I wouldn't care. 0 Europeans and no Olympic medals of any color. Until they win gold in both the can't be considered in the same breath as Jones, schmirler and norberg

I'd even have ott, feltscher, nordby, shopping, Muirhead ahead of her.

And I'm sorry but why is tsn suddenly so concerned wiyh this discussion

Last edited by misty1 on 03-21-23 at 09:53AM

03-21-23 10:54AM
Skid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skid Click here to Send Skid a Private Message Find more posts by Skid Add Skid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Russ must be running out of excuses soon for how bad Kerri and Val are playing.

03-21-23 11:00AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Skid
Russ must be running out of excuses soon for how bad Kerri and Val are playing.

What is happening to them? This is as bad as they've played outside of the Pan Continental. It's like their brains break the second they're on the international stage.

03-21-23 11:31AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

It's like Val and Kerri freeze when they get to worlds. I've said to my friends and dad if they can play the way they play at the wcotties they should win. But they never have and they arent here. So far

Like I said above they're lucky they didn't start 0-3. Sweden and Norway let them off the hook

03-21-23 12:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Wow. Big win for turkey over Japan. That means o e if sweden or Japan will hit 4 losses already tonight. Not good for either one

03-21-23 12:37PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Canada is the only team who really challenged Switzerland. Silly to write them off.

03-21-23 12:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Canada is the only team who really challenged Switzerland. Silly to write them off.

No one is writing them off . Just stating that they aren't playing as well as they do at the scotties, which is true. That being said this ice is just plain awful do I'm sure thats contributing

I also would point out canada isn't the only one to challenge Switzerland. The US gave them a good fight

Also just want to say Norway have set themselves up well here on paper. They're 4-2 . 6 games to go. They're favored in 2, underdogs in 2 and dead even in 2.if they can manage a 3-3 at least in their last 6 games they finish 7-5. You'd have to be pretty unlucky not to get top 6 on 7-5 just based on how this event has gone since the move to 13 teams

03-21-23 01:00PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

One can state the obvious: they're playing pretty poorly. That doesn't mean they're written off.

They dominated the Scotties against a stronger field. They're lucky they aren't 2-4 at this one. If they can't beat Tirinzoni throwing 60% and Paetz in the 70s what chance do they have to beat them if the Swiss actually play well?

03-21-23 01:37PM
Ronemac01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronemac01 Click here to Send Ronemac01 a Private Message Find more posts by Ronemac01 Add Ronemac01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronemac01
Knee-Slider

Change Needed at 3rd

Looks to me that Val has lost her confidence. Big misses today when they needed her most. I think letting Shannon throw the 3rd stones and keeping Val in the house may help them.

03-21-23 01:38PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel

One can state the obvious: they're playing pretty poorly. That doesn't mean they're written off.

They dominated the Scotties against a stronger field. They're lucky they aren't 2-4 at this one. If they can't beat Tirinzoni throwing 60% and Paetz in the 70s what chance do they have to beat them if the Swiss actually play well?

Swiss front end looked really bad it wouldn't surprise me if they play badly in the playoffs. Paetz saved their ass early. Canada lost mainly because of that and Sweeting's poor play. She needs to read the ice better and throw accordingly.

If Sweeting can play that bad and they still had chances to win well it's not hard to see them doing something later. Swiss looked very beatable today.

03-21-23 02:50PM
drg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drg Click here to Send drg a Private Message Find more posts by drg Add drg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drg
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm going to change the subject. I know this topic has been discussed before. Why does Curl Canada have a sports betting company as a sponsor and let active teams like Einarson and Koe do commercials? If I was a suspicious person I would be worried about today's Canada/Swiss game. It looked like they both were trying to lose, only Paetz didn't get the memo. If the Ontario Gambling Corp is not checking to look for any unusual betting patterns in today's game, they should be! I am sure the game was played on the up and up but with scandals in tennis and lately chess, MMA and even fishing, Curl Canada should have stayed far away from being sponsored by a betting site.

03-21-23 02:56PM
drg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drg Click here to Send drg a Private Message Find more posts by drg Add drg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drg
Harvey Hacksmasher

Ugg, feeling really sorry for the Scottish team. They are struggling big time.Hopefully they will learn a lot from this Championship to help them moving forward.

03-21-23 03:03PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Re: Change Needed at 3rd

quote:
Originally posted by Ronemac01
Looks to me that Val has lost her confidence. Big misses today when they needed her most. I think letting Shannon throw the 3rd stones and keeping Val in the house may help them.

Nothing better to boost confidence than an unprecedented insult to your third. Brilliant!

03-21-23 03:15PM
Skid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skid Click here to Send Skid a Private Message Find more posts by Skid Add Skid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Apparently Canada can only play on ice made in Canada.

03-21-23 04:08PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

The announcers were talking about curling facilities in other countries and Cathy says shes from Winnipeg and "we are spoiled with 16 or 17 clubs that are bustling". Uh, no. A club closes every 3 years in Wpg. Recently, another just announced it is closing at the end of this season. There are 2-3 more just scraping by. There are 10 clubs and I would say 6 could be said to be bustling. Still spoiled compared to other cities/countries but definitely on the downslide.

Last edited by hogged again on 03-21-23 at 04:10PM

03-21-23 09:06PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Has anyone talked about how interesting it would've been if BC/Clancy Grandy won 2023 Scotties, and what Niklas Edin would've done in that situation?

I'd imagine that he would be the coach for Team Canada instead of commentating.

It's kind of cruel to say this, but I'm kind of glad that BC didn't win 2023 Scotties, because Edin is so good as commentator/interviewer. People who are only watching TSN is really missing out.

03-21-23 09:16PM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

I watched the Sweden/Germany game on recast, and it was so refreshing to have Joanne Courtney and Kevin Martin doing commentary. It was just too bad that Sweden is so sub-par so far this week.

03-21-23 09:33PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by myhouse911
I watched the Sweden/Germany game on recast, and it was so refreshing to have Joanne Courtney and Kevin Martin doing commentary. It was just too bad that Sweden is so sub-par so far this week.

I watched this too and Courtney remains a star. TSN needs to lock her down if they have any sense (though I suspect being able to do this event remotely ? helps).

Martin is Martin but as a commentator he's milquetoast. Every shot is not bad, petty good or nice. Throw it throguh? "Not what they wanted." Slide behind the tee line? "Not a bad shot." Like the inverse Mike "Negative Ned" Harris.

03-21-23 09:53PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
The announcers were talking about curling facilities in other countries and Cathy says shes from Winnipeg and "we are spoiled with 16 or 17 clubs that are bustling". Uh, no. A club closes every 3 years in Wpg. Recently, another just announced it is closing at the end of this season. There are 2-3 more just scraping by. There are 10 clubs and I would say 6 could be said to be bustling. Still spoiled compared to other cities/countries but definitely on the downslide.

Maybe it was like that when she curled 20 years ago. Talk about out of touch.

03-22-23 01:04AM
skipsgesture is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skipsgesture Find more posts by skipsgesture Add skipsgesture to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skipsgesture
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
Has anyone talked about how interesting it would've been if BC/Clancy Grandy won 2023 Scotties, and what Niklas Edin would've done in that situation?

I'd imagine that he would be the coach for Team Canada instead of commentating.

It's kind of cruel to say this, but I'm kind of glad that BC didn't win 2023 Scotties, because Edin is so good as commentator/interviewer. People who are only watching TSN is really missing out.

Can we let him try partner with Martin and Joanne , that would be a golden booth. Maybe they feel a bit too overwhelming to do so.

03-22-23 05:54AM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by skipsgesture
Can we let him try partner with Martin

Oh, but Edin did partner with Martin on the commentator booth, but probably not the one you're thinking of.