Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 6 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-21-20 05:36PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

2020 Provincials

Since it's not the Canadian Open, we might as well create a new thread about it.

Quebec is streaming the games on their youtube channel. It's dropping a ton of frames right now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI...3WU8tJbpAZcOrUQ

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-20 06:57PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Story out of Manitoba

Calling MB a powerhouse.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...arson-1.5435371

01-22-20 06:23PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

I know that CTRS isn't the perfect format, but you have the top 3 teams in the country in Manitoba. Also, ML, we know we can't take you seriously since you mention 2 teams that aren't even at Manitoba playdowns since Zaharias is at Juniors (I think she tried to qualify for Scotties, but missed out) and Spencer didn't even enter playdowns this year.

I wonder how St-Georges will do in Quebec this year. You could argue that she had the best team in Quebec for the past 2 years but couldn't play because she was playing Canadian Juniors at the same time.

01-23-20 06:44AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
I know that CTRS isn't the perfect format, but you have the top 3 teams in the country in Manitoba. Also, ML, we know we can't take you seriously since you mention 2 teams that aren't even at Manitoba playdowns since Zaharias is at Juniors (I think she tried to qualify for Scotties, but missed out) and Spencer didn't even enter playdowns this year.

I wonder how St-Georges will do in Quebec this year. You could argue that she had the best team in Quebec for the past 2 years but couldn't play because she was playing Canadian Juniors at the same time.

yeah, i agree about st.georges. i think many consider her the uture of curling in quebec. . got a lot of talent. and, as i said in the other thread she reminds me a lot of larouche in her manerisms.

im really interested to see how she progresses in the womens tour. someone else im really interested in is justine ccomeau. i think she could be really good and put new brunswick curling in the spotlight

01-24-20 06:29PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Tv coverage

Sportsnet says they are showing alberta scot semi and final at 10 am and 6 sunday but arent those g@mes monday

No they are on Sunday. Curlingzone went from Friday to Sunday in their schedule and had no games on Saturday. Alberta Curling has games on Saturday which makes more sense. (I don't know how curlingzone scores work , but the bot is making a lot more errors these days so I try to go to provincial sources when I can get it.)

01-24-20 06:39PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Didn't know Spencer had semi-retired; she was a perennial contender & occasional winner in Scotties Manitoba lore.

Thought Zacharias had qualified but with the new 12 team limit, she may have run into a brick wall in a regional crossover. Her time will come in 2 or 3 yrs when Jones is gone, and only one of Einarson/Fleury are viable.

Fleury announced as the #1 seed, followed by Einarson #2, Jones #3. Is Beth Peterson #4?

It wasn't clear who they would send, because their was one zone that didn't send a team this year so they had to give it to someone, and it went to Robertson. It wasn't really clear how they got their spot outside that they had 11 qualified teams for a 12 team format and they had to give it to someone. Zacharias tried to qualify but lost (to be fair, I think only 2 teams didn't make the provincials in Manitoba this year. Zaharias (Lost their 2 games to Clark-Rouire) and Lisa Hale (lost to Janelle Vachon and Terry Ursel)

And yes team Peterson is the 4th seed per
https://twitter.com/curlmanitoba/st...076023636811776

01-25-20 12:19AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

is casey herself actually on the ice?. i know curlingzone has her in the lineup on here but that doesnt mean a lot. they also had nina roth in the lineup earlier this year when she wasnt

01-25-20 01:22AM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
is casey herself actually on the ice?. i know curlingzone has her in the lineup on here but that doesnt mean a lot. they also had nina roth in the lineup earlier this year when she wasnt

They mentioned that she was back, so I assume that it was true. Jessie was the bigger issue for Provincials.

01-25-20 02:26PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I'm gonna watch the MBScotties live next week. So, theoretically, all three Fleury/Einarson/Jones can qualify for the National Scotties - but what happens if someone ELSE wins the event in Rivers. Wiill one of those three NOT qualify for nationals?

01-26-20 06:29AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

How will Scott McDonald do this year? I'm still learning about curling strategies and tactics, so I still don't understand how they were able to tear through Ontario last year undefeated, primarily with how they use the tick shots from what I heard, but didn't seem to go much farther afterward.

01-26-20 09:02AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Go Colleen Go!

01-26-20 10:41AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

colleen jones could be the first curler ever to appear at the scotties in 5 different decades if she wins today. that would be quite something and something i dont think anyone will ever match

as much as i love colleen and can appreciate what a fantastic story it would be it has to be troubling for nova scotia that none of the younger teams are breaking through

01-26-20 10:42AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
How will Scott McDonald do this year? I'm still learning about curling strategies and tactics, so I still don't understand how they were able to tear through Ontario last year undefeated, primarily with how they use the tick shots from what I heard, but didn't seem to go much farther afterward.

they have struggled this year for sure. i still think they'll be there at the end of the week but id be surprised if they won again

01-26-20 02:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

huge upset in the quebec final with verreault taking out st.georges

bedard also in complete control over roberge in the mens final

not familiar at all with verreault. i know her third was a top junior for years

also not familiar with bedard

but this would be the first province where the favorites didnt get through

01-26-20 03:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well, unless something drastic happens its not looking like colleen will get to the scotties for a 5th decade. unless maryanne takes her as her 5th..

01-26-20 03:48PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Assuming Homan emerges from Ontario the Scotties seedings should be something like:

1. Homan
2. Carey
3. Jones (if she gets thru)
3. Einarson (if she gets thru)
3. Fleury (if she gets thru)

If two of the 3 get by the #3 will default to Jones, assuming Jones is one of the 2.

If Jones buried in Manitoba event, then Fleury will take #3, even if she has to slither in thru the play-in.

Einarson prolly gets a clean #3 if she wins the play-in.

#6 - McCarville
#7 - Sasky (Silvernagle, Englot, Anderson)
#8 - Rocque or Laura Walker

How will 3 MB teams get in, I can see 2 - 1 MB winner the other the play in winner.

01-26-20 06:50PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Only 2 Manitoba teams will get in - the loser of the play-in game will no doubt be the 3rd Manitoba team - but they won't be playing round-robin once they've lost the play-in.
Okay. I thought there was a High CTRS points spot as well as the play-in. So, MB rep and two CTRS teams play off. No other spot. Thanks.

01-28-20 06:42PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Wonder if Homan could somehow overtake Jennifer Jones in CTRS points based on play at their respective provincials.

#1 question - do teams receive CTRS pts based on provincial playdowns?

#2 question - if they do, and since Homan is only 31 pts behind Jones for #3 in CTRS Canada, would Homan exceed Jones if she did well in the Ontario playdowns (runner-up) while Jones took a belly-flop and didn't even make playoffs in Manitoba?

1) Yes, they do

2) Where do you get your 31 points? She's behind by 48 points. Even if Homan won Ontario and Jennifer went 0-5, she couldn't even get past Jones.

01-29-20 08:07PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

wow. ackland with the upset over einarson in their first game

does anyone else think its possible that, should einarson ail to make the scotties again this year that this team could break apart. i mean..it was put together for a reason. 2 seasons together without the desired result could be hard to take

01-29-20 08:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Too soon. It's one game. Come back in a couple days. Still a looonnggg way to the finish.

Go Fleury.

01-29-20 09:09PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Too soon. It's one game. Come back in a couple days. Still a looonnggg way to the finish.

Go Fleury.

Agree. Too soon to make that call, imo. All teams have their off days/moments, without being able to see what was going on there could have been a pick etc that could have factored into that loss.

There are some teams I wouldn't be too shocked if they do make changes but never thought of Einarson being one of them.

01-29-20 09:17PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Does anyone have links to streaming games? SK streamed the women's but nothing here yet for any others. My laptop died and it's way too difficult to search all the sites using my phone. MB and AB will have later tv coverage I think but nothing in the early games.

01-29-20 09:25PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

No feed unfortunately for MB (huge oversight), but here are the feeds I've found:

Saskatchewan:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7...fXkfLhAOgB1nJdg

Ontario:
https://www.titlesportslive.ca/go-live

Northern Ontario:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6...VW51EKFHrOrAIBQ

New Brunswick(multiple camera views) :
[url]http://webcast.3sixty.live/Player/Player/253?fbclid=IwAR2HEnq0D8- 8_BCr8ax2jDzId9UgRRVdNaOLcqpmNal7Bky3f_0ZTmOUwrw#[
/url]

01-29-20 09:50PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

There is way too much riding on team Einarson. They are at worse a top 5 team in Canada, so even if it goes poorly, they did some right things in the past 2 years. If the team was an epic failure on the tour and in CC events, I'd think about this, but as of now, just trust the process and reevaluate how you build your next 2 years.

01-29-20 10:09PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

These provincial streams are fun to listen to! These aren't the professional televised productions, so there's a lot of hot mic moments that you rarely hear on TSN/Sportsnet.

A couple of good ones I've heard so far are some gossips about Scott Chadwick being a beast sweeper, and Taylor McDonald looking like Snow White.