Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-05-21 07:34AM
Martym is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martym Find more posts by Martym Add Martym to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martym
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Jim Carrey just called in on line 3, "So you're saying there's a chance?" Well done.

Yes - a reasonable chance but it is not in Canada's hands and relies on Scotland, China and USA losing a couple of their remaining games. USA still have to play RCF, Switzerland and Sweden so have a tough run in. Denmark (only played 7 games so far) also still in the mix - and Canada still have to play them - as are potentially even Korea and Germany.

And if China is in the top 6 - only five teams (plus them) get a direct Olympic slot. You then get 4 places decided via the December qualifying event not 3!

Too many permutations - but still in it!

Last edited by Martym on 05-05-21 at 07:55AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-05-21 09:08AM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I'll say the same thing I said when we were talking about this with Bottcher. Every single team in the Canadian curling trials - EVERY SINGLE ONE - should be expected to easily sleepwalk through the qualifying event and finish in the top four of a tournament that doesn't include the the other six best teams here. It's a niche sport where all but the top 6 Olympic teams are accountants or nurses or computer programmers or professional beer tasters in our spare time. Meanwhile you've got ten Canadian entrants who make enough money to live on doing this.

Last edited by cnpeters on 05-05-21 at 09:32AM

05-05-21 10:39AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Martym

And if China is in the top 6 - only five teams (plus them) get a direct Olympic slot. You then get 4 places decided via the December qualifying event not 3!

Too many permutations - but still in it!

I think you have this backwards. China already has a spot guaranteed because they are the host nation. Therefore, if they place in the top 6 of this event, only 5 further nations would qualify because China's there. The way I heard it is that in this eventuality, the No. 7 team here would gain an Olympic spot.

05-05-21 11:50AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Wish I could be watching the RCF-SWE game this AM.
Curlit doesn't do it justice, but this 3rd end, everyone is making their shots. Tons of rocks in play.
I imagine it's akin to a heavyweight boxing match..blow for blow and nobody is conceeding anything.

05-05-21 11:51AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

China will qualify as host country.

The six other will be:

RCF 12-1
Sweden 12-1
Switzerland 12-1
Scotland 8-5
Canada 8-5
USA 7-6

Korea may be the USA's issue.

Canada comes in hot.

Last edited by biterbar on 05-05-21 at 12:26PM

05-05-21 11:55AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Wish I could be watching the RCF-SWE game this AM.
Curlit doesn't do it justice, but this 3rd end, everyone is making their shots. Tons of rocks in play.
I imagine it's akin to a heavyweight boxing match..blow for blow and nobody is conceeding anything.

A lot of RCF stones.

Hasselborg shooting 40%??

05-05-21 12:00PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Hasselborg just made a beauty when it counted. An in-off her own rock to remove an RCF stone welded to the button for 2 points.

Clutch, game-saving final rock of the end.

05-05-21 12:08PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
Every single team in the Canadian curling trials - EVERY SINGLE ONE - should be expected to easily sleepwalk through the qualifying event and finish in the top four of a tournament that doesn't include the the other six best teams here.

Maybe 10 years ago but there is no sleepwalking allowed anymore. The qualifier could have Fujisawa who has won grand slam events. Korea who won a silver at the Olympics. Germany and Denmark who have both beaten Canada at the worlds. The Czech team gets better every time out. Sure Canada would be favoured but it isn't a gimme.

With the HUGE win over Scotland last night the chances of having to deal with the last chance saloon bonspiel got a lot smaller. I'm still sticking to my original picks--Canada-Sweden final. Hopefully TV is back for last Canadian game which is vs China and could be decisive.

Last edited by hogged again on 05-05-21 at 12:13PM

05-05-21 12:11PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Hasselborg just made a beauty when it counted. An in-off her own rock to remove an RCF stone welded to the button for 2 points.

Clutch, game-saving final rock of the end.

And she just created that steal with her last stone. 3-3.

Last edited by biterbar on 05-05-21 at 12:25PM

05-05-21 12:40PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Hasselborg blinked first.

RCF scores 5 in end 5.

05-05-21 12:52PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Meanwhile, Canada is well into end 7 and long overdue to crack a mitt full of points in their CAN-EST game.

05-05-21 01:02PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

SWE replies with a 4.
What a barn-burner this has been.

05-05-21 01:11PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
SWE replies with a 4.
What a barn-burner this has been.

Barn burner is right! And we will never be able to watch it.

05-05-21 01:37PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Maybe 10 years ago but there is no sleepwalking allowed anymore. The qualifier could have Fujisawa who has won grand slam events. Korea who won a silver at the Olympics. Germany and Denmark who have both beaten Canada at the worlds. The Czech team gets better every time out. Sure Canada would be favoured but it isn't a gimme.

With the HUGE win over Scotland last night the chances of having to deal with the last chance saloon bonspiel got a lot smaller. I'm still sticking to my original picks--Canada-Sweden final. Hopefully TV is back for last Canadian game which is vs China and could be decisive.

I'm not certain but I think the last Japanese national championship may have also determined their Olympic team. Fujisawa was undefeated in the round robin but was upset by Yoshimura in the final.

Both Kim teams from Korea have medaled internationally so are legitimate threats.

05-05-21 02:24PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Bulls Eye

Both Kim teams from Korea have medaled internationally so are legitimate threats.

It should be said that there's a 3rd team in Korea that is also a legitimate threat.

Here's the championship bracket for 2020 Korean Curling National Championship:
https://www.curlingzone.com/event.p...view=Playoffs#1

Kim Eun-jung won gold. Kim Min-ji won bronze.

Silver was Gim Un-chi, who is Korea's representative in Sochi 2014. She's been to 4 Worlds. 5 medals at PACC. 2 medals at Universiade.

Fun fact: someone told me that Gim = Kim, exact same character in Korean, just different romanization. So technically it's correct to say that there are 3 Kim teams in Korea? I'm not 100% sure.

05-05-21 06:30PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

The Czech Republic has been playing out of their minds this afternoon.
Trailing RCF by one, 10th end, with hammer.

05-05-21 06:47PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

RCF is no longer undefeated.
CZE layed a 3 on them to win it 7-5.

Wowza!

05-05-21 06:54PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

This is frustrating. I feel that we're missing all of the best matchups while the broadcast cameras sit idle.

Judging just from the curlit updates, I can't help but be envious of the dozen or so lucky ones on location that witnessed the last two draws.

05-05-21 06:55PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Both the US and Scotland lose coming back closer to the pack.....

05-06-21 07:24AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

TV coverage now moved to Friday.

https://www.tsn.ca/2020-21-curling-...edule-1.1595524

05-06-21 11:37AM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

This is nuts

O.K. Canada gives up 3 in the first end to Denmark...then takes a 5 in the second. Strange beginning, gonna drive me crazy tracking it on curlit.

05-06-21 11:51AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I wish I could get updates. Even refreshing 50 times mine is stuck on shot 7 of the 2nd end on WCF site

Just switched to curlit, all is well

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 05-06-21 at 11:58AM

05-06-21 12:41PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Note: When Homan was down 4 to Einarson in Kerri's 1st STOH win, Homan told her team they'd all be fired if they didn't go perfect down the stretch (last 3 ends).

Uh, yah, sure she did.

05-06-21 01:13PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Uh, yah, sure she did.

ML's so full of it that his eyes are brown.

05-06-21 01:51PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Seems like Canada vs. Denmark was a very exciting game. Would have been a nailbiter to watch.