Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2021 World Mixed Doubles Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-20-21 01:25PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I want to post this site for FANS that may not be aware of this.
May 17
vs. Spain (12:30 p.m.)**

May 18
vs. Germany (4 a.m.)
vs. Hungary (11 a.m.)**

May 19
vs. Australia (4 a.m.)
vs. South Korea (11 a.m.)*

May 20
vs. Italy (7:30 a.m.)
vs. Scotland (2:30 p.m.)*

May 21
vs. Czech Republic (7:30 a.m.)*
vs. RCF (2:30 p.m.)*

May 22
Qualification games (5 a.m.)*
Semifinal (11 a.m.)*
Semifinal (2:30 p.m.)*

May 23
Bronze-medal game (5 a.m.)*
Gold-medal game (10 a.m.)*

*Game to be broadcasted on TSN/RDS2
** Game to be broadcasted on World Curling TV

TSN/RDS 2, the official broadcast partners of Curling Canada’s Season of Champions, will provide live coverage of select Canada round-robin games, in addition to all playoff games. CLICK HERE for their complete broadcast schedule.

The list of teams, schedule information and live scoring can be found on the event website, https://worldcurling.org/events/wmdcc2021.

Thank you for the U tube site.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-20-21 05:52PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Also, I'm not a CLUELESS fan. That sounds so insulting. Lighten up a bit please?

That was the title of the article on Sports Illustrated/Curling News. I did not write the article.

Also, you, by your own admission, were clueless about WCTV. So the title is appropriate (even though again, I didn't write it).

05-21-21 10:03AM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well Brad & Kerri eked out the win this morning, and with that have qualified themselves for the playoffs and Canada for the Olympics. Correct? Well done even if a bit wobbly.

05-21-21 12:00PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Go Kerri and Brad!

Anyone know how to make the ignore function work?

05-21-21 04:34PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Its pretty obvious Curling Clips hates people with opinions - CC criticizes everyone who can't prove thru gooogle, youtube, etc. that 2 + 2 = 4. All CC's posts are loaded with google/yt references but seldom an opinion shared.
I prefer opinions to re-statement of facts. Facts are stubborn things - but a site like this would be a damn site boring if all we did was re-state statistics but delete opinions.
Room for both without the incessant bickering - but at least CC isn't sick & profoundly disturbed by inhuman vermin like Guido, the poster with a bad case of rabies!

Facts, hmmmm. They are actually correct statements. Opinions are ok. If there was some sensible thoughts to back them up.

LOL. You have to come up with more than vermin. That’s getting old.

If there was a village made up of all the missing village idiots, you would be the idiot of that village.
Have a good day.

Signed, The Verminator

05-21-21 05:13PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
Go Kerri and Brad!

Contact Gerry Gerts. He will provide you with the info you need. He's been very helpful to me.

05-21-21 05:55PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
Go Kerri and Brad!

I've never done it but I've seen where..... after you login, go to settings, then account settings, go to edit ignore list, and in the name tab, enter the name you want to ignore
I think

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 05-21-21 at 05:59PM

05-21-21 07:59PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

You can ignore Manitoba Legend by clicking on this link if you're logged on:

https://www.curlingzone.com/member2...re&userid=22562

You can un-ignore Manitoba Legend by clicking on this link:

https://www.curlingzone.com/member2...re&userid=22562

Last edited by curlingclips on 05-21-21 at 08:15PM

05-22-21 12:51AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Glad I'm fully ignored by the super-vermin & racists who like to target people for their racism.

GO CANADA GO . . . ! ! !

Target people for their racism???? Wtf.
I apologize. I didn’t know Idiot was a race. Carry on.

05-22-21 08:07AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

curlingclips with the MVP play

Last edited by southerncurler on 05-22-21 at 08:15AM

05-22-21 08:30AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Glad I'm fully ignored by the super-vermin & racists who like to target people for their racism.

Back to curling - I thought Einarson & Goo would go 6-3 or 7-2 in round-robin service, so job well done!

Einarson is obviously frazzled and Gushue isn't used to teammates missing shots by vast amounts like Kerri has been known to.

So long as they don't run into their obvious superiors (Mouat & Dodds) in quarters or semis, I think Canada has a decent chance (50/50 or slightly better) to advance to finals.

If they happen to draw Mouat/Dodds in final - I don't think Canada has more than a 25% chance at gold - but 25% is a ton better than zero . . . !!!

GO CANADA GO . . . ! ! !

They meet Scotland in the semis! However, you never know in Mixed Doubles. Switzerland was looking pretty strong this morning until Einarson made that amazing triple. Brad seems to bring out the best in her.

05-22-21 12:49PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

They meet Scotland in the semis! However, you never know in Mixed Doubles. Switzerland was looking pretty strong this morning until Einarson made that amazing triple. Brad seems to bring out the best in her.

That was one clutch shot. and the end before against the powerplay was really well played as was their own PP. Great comeback, they should be playing free and easy vs Scots which makes them super dangerous.

05-22-21 01:02PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

Can somebody explain to me why Canada plays Scotland and not Sweden in the semis. I thought they were going to seed the teams after the qualification games, which would have been the top seed Sweden against the 4th seed Canada. Even if you don't do that shouldn't it be A1 vs B2 and A2 vs B1 in the semis? They ended up having A1 vs A2 and B1 vs B2. It seems to make no sense at all.

05-22-21 01:06PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP
Can somebody explain to me why Canada plays Scotland and not Sweden in the semis. I thought they were going to seed the teams after the qualification games, which would have been the top seed Sweden against the 4th seed Canada. Even if you don't do that shouldn't it be A1 vs B2 and A2 vs B1 in the semis? They ended up having A1 vs A2 and B1 vs B2. It seems to make no sense at all.

The only explanation I have for this is, WCF.
Never know what thoughts go through their mind.

05-22-21 05:16PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Can somebody explain to me why Canada plays Scotland and not Sweden in the semis.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they use DSC when comparing across pool, instead of using the Win-Loss record within their own pools.

So the reseeded ranks are

#1 B1 SWE 9W-0L 25.02
#2 A1 SCO 8W-1L 27.73

#3 A2 CAN 7W-2L 20.21
#4 B2 NOR 8W-1L 34.73

Thus, 1v4 is SWE vs NOR, and 2v3 is SCO vs CAN.

05-22-21 06:40PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they use DSC when comparing across pool, instead of using the Win-Loss record within their own pools.

So the reseeded ranks are

#1 B1 SWE 9W-0L 25.02
#2 A1 SCO 8W-1L 27.73

#3 A2 CAN 7W-2L 20.21
#4 B2 NOR 8W-1L 34.73

Thus, 1v4 is SWE vs NOR, and 2v3 is SCO vs CAN.

As far as I know, DSC is only used when H2H results can't break a tie when two teams have the same record.

05-22-21 07:12PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
As far as I know, DSC is only used when H2H results can't break a tie when two teams have the same record.

For round robin, yes (e.g. World Men's & Women's). Or from within pool (e.g. A7:AUS, A8:HUN, A9:KOR this year).

In this playoff reseeding case, there is no head-to-head results for A2:CAN vs B2:NOR. They come from 2 different pools, so you can't rank them by their Win/Loss records. You can only rank them by DSC, which is universal measurement regardless of pool.

In other words, the reason B1:SWE is ranked #1 is not because it was the only undefeated team, but because it has better DSC than A1:SCO.

Had A1:SCO had the better DSC, it would have been ranked #1, in spite of having a loss coming out of its pool.

Here's the official explanation:
https://worldcurling.org/2021/05/wm...-qualification/

quote:
At the conclusion of the round-robin stage, once the Group Rankings have been determined the two groups are merged into a single group ranking table. This determines their final ranking position in the round robin, from 1–20.

This ranking is set by comparing the Draw Shot Challenge results of teams who hold the same rank in both groups.

For example: A1 and B1 have their Draw Shot Challenge result compared, with the better result earning the first-placed rank while the other earns the second-placed rank. This process is applied for each of the ten group positions.

Last edited by curlingclips on 05-22-21 at 07:38PM

05-22-21 07:47PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Thanks for all the help with the ignore function Albetts, In off for two and curling clips.

Im disappointed to see Kerri and Brad won’t advance but they had a good run.

05-22-21 07:59PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Yes good run for Einarson/Gushue. I'm thinking both but especially Kerry does not want to see a curling rock for a long long time.

05-22-21 08:00PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

And yes I know they still have to play for the bronze not a big fan of that game.

05-23-21 05:10AM
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

For round robin, yes (e.g. World Men's & Women's). Or from within pool (e.g. A7:AUS, A8:HUN, A9:KOR this year).

In this playoff reseeding case, there is no head-to-head results for A2:CAN vs B2:NOR. They come from 2 different pools, so you can't rank them by their Win/Loss records. You can only rank them by DSC, which is universal measurement regardless of pool.

In other words, the reason B1:SWE is ranked #1 is not because it was the only undefeated team, but because it has better DSC than A1:SCO.

Had A1:SCO had the better DSC, it would have been ranked #1, in spite of having a loss coming out of its pool.

Here's the official explanation:
https://worldcurling.org/2021/05/wm...-qualification/

Thanks for the info.

That is one of the most convoluted and dumbest things I have ever heard of in my life. Whoever signed off on using that as a method of ranking the teams is an idiot.

05-23-21 05:30AM
GregJP
Swing Artist

This method was completely unfair to Norway. They went 8-1 and the only team they lost to was 9-0 Sweden. So what was their reward for that? Meeting the Swedes again the semi-finals and not crossing over and playing Scotland. By this method the possibly second best team in the tournament can get eliminated by losing only to the best team twice and never playing the top two teams in the other group. As it turned out, it ended up being unfair to Sweden as well. They had to face an 8-1 team that they had already beaten instead of a 7-2 team that they hadn't played yet.

DSR is fine if you have no time for tiebreakers and two teams have the same record. In fact I prefer DSR to H2H result between teams. But when one team clearly has a better record (even in another pool) that should take precedence over DSR. And you should always avoid A1 vs A2 and B1 vs B2 in the semi finals. Sometimes the two best teams are in the same pool and having them face each other in group play and in the semi-finals is unfair to both of them.

05-23-21 05:46AM
GregJP
Swing Artist

There is no way to prove it, but I'm pretty sure that Oskar Erikkson is the best individual curler in the world at the moment. And Bruce Mouat isn't far behind. It's just too bad they can't go head to head in the gold medal game. One very unfortunate missed draw to the 8 foot. I think De Val is going to be having nightmares about that shot for a long time. She's had a fantastic tournament. By far the best women's player.

Sweden Almida de Val 87.6
Scotland Jennifer Dodds 80.7
Switzerland Jenny Perret 78.8
Norway Kristin Skaslien 78.5
United States Tabitha Peterson 75.5

Sweden Oskar Eriksson 87.8
Norway Magnus Nedregotten 85.8
Scotland Bruce Mouat 84.9
Italy Amos Mosaner 81.4
Canada Brad Gushue 80.8

05-23-21 11:02AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Mouat now understands what it's like to have your partner shoot 69% rather than 81%.

05-23-21 11:47AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

But unlike Gushue, he was able to overcome.