Eunjung Kim Final
Jisu Kim (9)
M: Korean Curling Championships
Gangneung, KOR
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2-CF -- Fri, Jul 2 -- 9:00pm ET
SooHyuk Kim Final
Kijeong Lee (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-28-21 08:59PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

I don't see any solution except to withdraw the German team.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-28-21 09:18PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guido

The only major debate going on is inside Manitoba idiots head.
Karwacki is the 5th. The only person that thought different was the idiot.

Hee-Haw . . . ! ! !

04-29-21 01:29AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
I don't see any solution except to withdraw the German team.

Why though? If the 3 German players still test negative, why shouldn't they be allowed to compete? It has been done at previous WCF events, don't see why this one would be different.

04-29-21 09:35AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

The only major debate going on is inside Manitoba idiots head.
Karwacki is the 5th. The only person that thought different was the idiot.

I suppose you’re right. ML’s refusal to answer indicates there was no debate. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lesson learned.

04-29-21 10:57AM
beaches43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaches43 Find more posts by beaches43 Add beaches43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaches43
Harvey Hacksmasher

there is no debate .Just a self appointed expert giving a stupid opinion.Probably never curled at a high level,only in his head.

04-29-21 02:14PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

Why though? If the 3 German players still test negative, why shouldn't they be allowed to compete? It has been done at previous WCF events, don't see why this one would be different.

When?

04-29-21 04:20PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Hitting Paint

quote:

When?

Nigeria played with 3 at the last Asia-Pacific event in 2019.

04-29-21 04:38PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

Official Team Canada photo shows 7 people:
https://twitter.com/CurlingCanada/s...847447515303936

The 4 core members, Karwacki as alternate, Nedohin as team coach, and Sonnenberg from Curling Canada.

04-29-21 04:40PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:

KAZ also played with 3 at 2018 PACC, at least for one game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbb17qiQ9hk

04-29-21 04:59PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Completely different situation.
There is a pandemic. The 3 team members that tested negative are close contacts. Normally, Thai’s means being quarantined for several days.

04-29-21 06:00PM
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:

Completely different situation.
There is a pandemic. The 3 team members that tested negative are close contacts. Normally, Thai’s means being quarantined for several days.

The team members were separated and isolated individually for several days upon arrival. They probably did fly and drive together to Calgary, but they were separated immediately after that.

Depending on how many days of isolation is needed, they may have already reached that threshold. And in any case, the other 3 that didn't test positive is already in a separate containment hotel from the other 2. They've already joined the rest of the participants that have all tested negative.

04-29-21 07:59PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

My buddy just got isolated for 14 days because of close contact.

04-29-21 08:07PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

What these Korean girls have gone through..

https://www.si.com/curling/news/cur...WQeCxzBQAqx2h0M

https://www.si.com/curling/news/pri...rling-officials

04-29-21 10:06PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Curlingclips, I was intrigued by your recent post which suggested that Sarah Wilkes was being "underutilized" on Homan's team.

Are you in effect implying that if she were to play vice, the team's overall performance would improve? Or ??

04-29-21 10:56PM
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Curlingclips, I was intrigued by your recent post which suggested that Sarah Wilkes was being "underutilized" on Homan's team.

Are you in effect implying that if she were to play vice, the team's overall performance would improve? Or ??

I don't think I've said this. Can you point me to where I've said this? I haven't used the word "underutilized" in quite some time. (English is not my first language).

In any case, I think 5 rock rule has changed the game such that 3rd playing 2nd is just fine by me.

I'm fine with what Homan did to revamp her team, even if it means kicking Weagle off.

04-29-21 11:17PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

It was cnpeters who stated “underutilized”.

04-29-21 11:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Team Germany approved to play with 3.

04-30-21 08:42AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Homan suddenly dumping Lisa Weagle when Sarah Wilkes became was not so much a shooting upgrade (it actually wasn't) but a major upgrade in the forest-clearing department (aka brushing)

The second reason was Weagle approaching her late 30s while Wilkes was still short of 30.

It speaks to Rachel's desire to play at a top level for at least the next decade. Having a front-ender who'd be in their 40s for much of that run was clearly a major consideration.

04-30-21 09:04AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Good luck to Team Einarson. It's gonna be a tough field and your first game today will dictate your playing ability. I know you guys can do it and I'll be cheering for you all the way. All the best.

04-30-21 10:24AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Don't know whether its a good or bad thing for Einarson to meet her potential golden challenger this afternoon in the events opening draw.

I'd venture to say more of a good thing.

Both teams are experienced bubble ladies and know the ropes of the Markin MacPhail Centre, no crowds, lots of cams, etc.

Can Val continue her 100% ways like she did in the last Slam final? I think not. She's facing the world's top 3rd (arguably) in Sara McManus and chances are this game might tilt slightly to Sara.

Einarson & Hasselhoff are both spectacular shooters. Anna might have more games in the 90s than Kerri but Kerri might be the better ice-reader & tactician. Too close to call.

Front ends are close.

Although Birchard & Meilleur almost universally recognized as the best fronters in their sport. Great in so many categories, both extremely powerful brushers, too!

Has all the potential to be a great game! So be near your TV as its on TSN mid-afternoon today, depending on time zone!

04-30-21 11:22AM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

World Curling TV

If you want to watch more than just Canada games on TSN go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdcBeWfWdOw on Youtube. You can subscribe to World Curling TV. Watching Scotland/USA right now.

04-30-21 11:55AM
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Hasselhoff

It may be asking too much to request for your opinions to be more informed and grounded in reality, but can you please just at least refer to curlers by their proper names? No deliberate botching/misspelling, no nick names, just please have the decency to use their proper names?

04-30-21 01:55PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

It may be asking too much to request for your opinions to be more informed and grounded in reality, but can you please just at least refer to curlers by their proper names? No deliberate botching/misspelling, no nick names, just please have the decency to use their proper names?

Just proved a point. You seem to get angrily aroused with a gentle mispelling of a star curler's name but you remain silent when vermin like "Guido" start calling people "Manitoba Idiot".

If you are mentally ill (like Guido) then you are excused from humour. But if you are serious about criticizing a name pun while letting vermin like Guido continue his unchecked rampage on this site - perhaps you should check in with an anger management counsellor.

04-30-21 02:03PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

ML fancies himself as the entertainment of this forum. To save everyone the trouble, let's just call him the class clown. He demeans woman, gives them the ridiculous nick names and just assumes the public will follow him. NEWS BULLETIN...ML grow up.

04-30-21 02:30PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Just proved a point. You seem to get angrily aroused with a gentle mispelling of a star curler's name but you remain silent when vermin like "Guido" start calling people "Manitoba Idiot".

If you are mentally ill (like Guido) then you are excused from humour. But if you are serious about criticizing a name pun while letting vermin like Guido continue his unchecked rampage on this site - perhaps you should check in with an anger management counsellor.

The only anger I see is coming from you, ML. You have been asked nicely several times to lay off the demeaning nicknames, misogyny, ageism, etc. You either ignore the request or lash out at the person who requested.

What a shame that you can’t do some self reflection and do better.