Eunjung Kim Final
Jisu Kim (9)
M: Korean Curling Championships
Gangneung, KOR
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2-CF -- Fri, Jul 2 -- 9:00pm ET
SooHyuk Kim Final
Kijeong Lee (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-15-21 11:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

If Rachel Homan is curling in this slam I’m fascinated by her priorities.

Fascinated by your reasons for this post. She's a professional curler trying to make a living for her family. Only the next 2 weeks in the last 15 months to make money. She's trying to put bread on the table for family and you throwing out jabs about her priorities to her family? Could a man go back to work to provide for his family with less discretion? I dare say so yes. I say to Rachael and family, bravo, Go back to work, with the support of your family, friends, and team mates.

Way too many negative Maggies out there. Cousin of negative Nelly.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-15-21 11:49PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

You seem very emotional, in off. I’m fascinated by her priorities. How did that become a jab? What’s negative about that? You’re taking my comment too seriously. Calm down, relax, breathe.

04-16-21 12:05AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
You seem very emotional, in off. I’m fascinated by her priorities. How did that become a jab? What’s negative about that? You’re taking my comment too seriously. Calm down, relax, breathe.

Just seems like you're implying because she recently had a baby, she shouldn't be here. I'm certain she and her husband and family talked it out whether she would play or not. Who are "WE" to comment and put forth opinions on "Her" family decisions?

Rachael on line 2. Rod sad it best. "Wake up Maggie, I think I've got something to say to you"!!!

Let her curl.

Moses on line 3. "Let my people curl"

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 04-16-21 at 12:22AM

04-16-21 09:30AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hey in off,

Hope the edibles have worn off by now .

I didn’t imply anything and I didn’t give an opinion on whether Homan should curl or not; but you did.

You inferred negative **** from my statement.

I’ve heard of Rod, but who is Moses?

Hope you enjoy the curling today.

04-16-21 01:30PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Mike passes
Colin passes

Handwriting on the wall for this team .....

Dawn just had a baby, Colin didn't want to go through the bubble again. On the grand scheme of things the Slams aren't that important so no big.

04-16-21 01:53PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Pretty much what i said

We all knew y they didnt go

My point was the team is done - thinking reid derek and spare either couldnt find a spare - or didnt try - maybe figured $1000/ win 3 ways was better ??? - pintys should have offered space to another team

Its like half the people getting

paid to hardly work at home

Hard to believe the economy hasnt come to a grinding halt with millions sitting at home doing nothing but complaining and watching cnn and covid updates for a year

Lol - guess they werent doing much anyway "when they were working"

Watched a city council meeting yesterday - 5 out of 15 in attendance - looked like a convention of half wits

Last edited by fresca on 04-16-21 at 01:59PM

04-16-21 03:13PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Hey in off,

Hope the edibles have worn off by now .

I didn’t imply anything and I didn’t give an opinion on whether Homan should curl or not; but you did.

You inferred negative **** from my statement.

I’ve heard of Rod, but who is Moses?

Hope you enjoy the curling today.

Paul Robeson?

04-16-21 05:14PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Paul Robeson?

Rod was Rod Hunter, God of all 3rds in Manitoba.

Moses was Bobby Robinson, a 1969 manitoba champion who's maximum weight was about 2 feet past the hack. Most of his team couldn't throw much harder. The miracle of Moses was he won a Manitoba championship despite all his curling disabilities. Bobby was a very strong mind though - and could easily talk opponents out of shots and mire them in doubt.

04-16-21 05:16PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Man that Kerri Einarson is a missile now. A veritable killing machine who is having jolly fun machining off lesser teams.

Only one that might give her a run is Rachel Homan but Rachel should be giving birth about half way thru this event - who knows maybe on the ice?

Other team that seems hepped up for action is that old Scottish Killer, Eve Muirhead. Eve seems to have fine-tuned her game.

Don't rule out Tirinzone/Patz or even The Big Shot, Jennifer Jones. Jones now seems lost on a sheet of curling ice - but she can still steal the odd game curling 63%.

04-17-21 09:27AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Didn't see it coming: Timid Tracey Fleury eliminating the Swedish Powerhouse Anna Hasselborg 10-7 last night. Fleury wasn't super powerful at 4th stone (is she ever?) but her calm demeanor and ever improving strategy helped topple an obviously out-of-sorts Hasselborg team.

While Fleury is personally a timid, shy and under-powered skip - her team of Selena, Fyfe & McCuish are fierce & feisty warriors - they really take on all comers. Imagine them if they had a killer like Homan or Einarson skipping?

Actually they did - they parted ways with Einarson for various reasons and look what Einarson has inflicted on the curling world. Sheer dominance!!!

The team seems to have bonded (at least this year) with perennial vagabond (and 2 time Scotties champion) Chelsea Carey. Carey is certainly a more dynamic performer than Fleury but not near as calming - Carey can be a train wreck (like Jennifer Jones) when she's off her game. Don't know if Carey is better off as Fleury's fifth - or trying to find her own "fresh squad" of youngsters to unleash on the curling world?

For now, she's better spotted with a proven & contending team. She could easily slot in for either Selena or Tracey should injuries beset but for obvious reasons can't play front end.

04-17-21 04:37PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
The team seems to have bonded (at least this year) with perennial vagabond (and 2 time Scotties champion) Chelsea Carey.

Chelsea is in the bubble, coaching Tracy’s team at this event.

04-17-21 06:06PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

10 second quick irritation from an American.

If I’m going to pay thirty three United States dollars for a second rate streaming service to provide me with questionable streams that are sometimes overdubbed with Blue Jays games, they could at least stop using the Shuster team that Americans would like to watch to advertise the events - when Shuster isn’t invited to take part.

That is all.

04-17-21 06:53PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
10 second quick irritation from an American.

If I’m going to pay thirty three United States dollars for a second rate streaming service to provide me with questionable streams that are sometimes overdubbed with Blue Jays games, they could at least stop using the Shuster team that Americans would like to watch to advertise the events - when Shuster isn’t invited to take part.

That is all.

‘Merica. All about the money!!

04-17-21 08:03PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

Jones looks pretty shaky coming out of the hack. She fishtailed again on one and another which was just a normal weight shot she didn't kick out hard enough and really had to shove it at the end. Knee problems perhaps?

04-17-21 08:06PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

In the mafia-style world that is professional curling, I keep watching team Jones - and wondering when Lawes is going to call in the professional style hit job on JJ the way JJ did on Cathy O…. for Lawes.

04-17-21 08:08PM
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

And by the way - how flipping fit are team Kim? They just dragged two stones about ten feet and laughed about it.

I’m sitting here drinking my beer, winded watching them.

04-17-21 08:09PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

1 jet ticket row 2 $250

04-17-21 08:38PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
In the mafia-style world that is professional curling, I keep watching team Jones - and wondering when Lawes is going to call in the professional style hit job on JJ the way JJ did on Cathy O…. for Lawes.

Jones may appear disabled and off-kilter but she's still able to cobble together wins curling 55% or thereabouts.

Jones is a trained lawyer and she's got the upper hand now on Lisa, Dawn, Kaitlyn & Joss - they're under contract and if they break the contract I suspect there's a substantial financial penalty.

So no hits or takeover at sea of the good ship JJ, unless Jones goes against the form chart and calls it a day herself. I doubt that, even fishtailing and swerving out of the hack, she's got a trials spot guaranteed - and doesn't have to duel with the now vastly superior Einarson for the Manitoba spot. By curling a lot - Jones knows how to build points. If she can't beat Fleury and the other sub-Einarson teams to slither out of Manitoba next year - she'll prolly be in line for a wildcard spot.

I just don't see Jones quite good enough to contend for a 7th Scotties title when the ladies game is littered by superior teams skipped by names like Homan, Einarson, Schiedegger, Walker, Fleury, even that new Quebec gal.

04-17-21 08:43PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

This year's Humpty-Dumpty should come down to another re-match of the titans of women's curling.

Einarson (The Elegant Champ) vs. Homan (The Challenger with the KO Punch)

Rachel is really out for blood, playing with child in tow in her 34th or 35th week. Or did she have her child in late March and only needed 2 weeks to get back into playing shape?

Only problem is Einarson. She's feisty and full of confidence - almost as sharp a broom-hitter as Raytch but has a slightly wider variety of weights & strategies.
Raytch is still a killer so unless Muirhead comes thru (another longshot is Tirinozoni/Patz) then its Einarson vs. Homan for the Humpty!

04-17-21 08:45PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Im sure jones team goes first class

They get invited everywhere

Make more money than edin

Consistently do well

Sometimes win in ee

Last edited by fresca on 04-18-21 at 09:13AM

04-17-21 08:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

edit

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 04-17-21 at 08:56PM

04-17-21 08:55PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Jones may appear disabled and off-kilter but she's still able to cobble together wins curling 55% or thereabouts.

Jones is a trained lawyer and she's got the upper hand now on Lisa, Dawn, Kaitlyn & Joss - they're under contract and if they break the contract I suspect there's a substantial financial penalty.

So no hits or takeover at sea of the good ship JJ, unless Jones goes against the form chart and calls it a day herself. I doubt that, even fishtailing and swerving out of the hack, she's got a trials spot guaranteed - and doesn't have to duel with the now vastly superior Einarson for the Manitoba spot. By curling a lot - Jones knows how to build points. If she can't beat Fleury and the other sub-Einarson teams to slither out of Manitoba next year - she'll prolly be in line for a wildcard spot.

I just don't see Jones quite good enough to contend for a 7th Scotties title when the ladies game is littered by superior teams skipped by names like Homan, Einarson, Schiedegger, Walker, Fleury, even that new Quebec gal.

This team will disband after this Olympic cycle. Peterman back to AB unless she and Lawes make up a new team.

Both Peterman, and especially Lawes would be 10-15 % higher curlers if they had someone who could call line. Sorry...My bad...my fault....

04-17-21 09:05PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I think everyone except Jones is getting increasingly frustrated with Jones.

But lots of the great women started fading after superb championship careers. Connie Laliberte was a fragile version of herself once the FGZ was implemented and retired a short time later. Even Colleen "Coco" Jones struggled immensely after achieving her 6 STOH titles.

Sandra Schmirler won 3 and really never lost her powers - she got sick and ultimately (and sadly) passed away at only 36. Who knows what she could have done if health problems hadn't beset her.

As for Joss Peterman I see another alternative for Joss. Since she seems ready to hitch to B. Gallant, why not move to Newfoundland and set up shop there? She could easily be top girl there and maybe she could convince Lawes to vice for her, perhaps even bringing along a top Nfld player and Weagle for the front end. That kind of team might be auto-berthed for years (like Homan in Ontario, McCarville in N. Ont., Jacobs in N. Ont., etc.)
Another move for Joss is to bring the nomadic Chelsea Carey to the Rock as skip. However, I think it would be better for Peterman to skip her own wagon train - rather than bringing a hired hand with a track record of moody & erratic play (Carey).

04-17-21 09:17PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

After watching the Jones game tonight, after they switched from the Homan blowout, it's increasingly obvious she at times has flashes of brilliance, but more of signs of it's time to retire. One of the all time greats, but her time has come, especially to the detriment to the rest of her team. If you can't call line, or can't draw the 4 foot, you can't skip.

04-17-21 09:21PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
nomadic Chelsea Carey

How is Chelsea Carey nomadic? She's only moved once as far as I know, from MB to AB, which at the time was arguably just as hard to get out of (even though Sweeting moving from AB to MB did eliminate one provincial rival, but Carey moved from MB to AB independent of that fact).