Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-08-22 11:10PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Wfg Masters

After watching her first three games as a Skip in this Grand Slam, it's difficult not to be very impressed by Njegovan's performance to date. Taking over in Lawes' absence, she has guided this team to easy consecutive wins, not unlike that time in '21 when she was called to replace Fleury who was recovering from Covid-19.

Despite the existing odds which favour several other teams to win this event, I believe she has a reasonably good chance to pull off a massive upset.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-09-22 02:03AM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

It's pretty weird that they have a system of dividing teams into groups, and then don't have those teams play games within those groups.

12-09-22 04:11PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Is JJ pregnant?

12-09-22 05:22PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Is JJ pregnant?

I wouldn't think so so at 47.

12-09-22 07:55PM
beaches43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaches43 Find more posts by beaches43 Add beaches43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaches43
Harvey Hacksmasher

wfg

are the playoffs televised?

12-09-22 08:02PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

yes
https://thegrandslamofcurling.com/broadcast-schedule/

12-09-22 08:41PM
beaches43 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaches43 Find more posts by beaches43 Add beaches43 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beaches43
Harvey Hacksmasher

wfg

Are the tiebreakers televised?

12-09-22 09:01PM
FleuryFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FleuryFan Find more posts by FleuryFan Add FleuryFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FleuryFan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: wfg

quote:
Originally posted by beaches43
Are the tiebreakers televised?

No

12-10-22 08:38PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Really, four blanks in a row, Bottcher?

12-10-22 09:07PM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

Just glad I am not watching.

12-10-22 09:39PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Netz
Just glad I am not watching.

Luckily they haven't been given much screentime. A touch unusual given Bottcher is the one of three teams who are always given feature games (Gushue and Dunstone are the others).

12-11-22 09:13AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

Luckily they haven't been given much screentime. A touch unusual given Bottcher is the one of three teams who are always given feature games (Gushue and Dunstone are the others).

It was very boring to watch. I guess he was hoping for hammer in 8!

12-11-22 07:28PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

It's the Slam playoffs, they always do Around the Rings with no feature.

12-11-22 07:33PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Blanking ends is an integral part of the game. Blank ends still require skill shots; require that the players make their shots. Not boring at all to me - just like a shutout in baseball is not boring, because it's still skill coming through.
I'd much rather see several blank ends with players making their shots than see scoring ends with players missing their shots.

I'm very surprised when I see knowledgeable curling people criticize blank ends as being "boring". I would expect just casual fans who don't understand the game to find blank ends boring. I guess even knowledgeable curling people have very short attention spans these days (thanks to the 'instant gratification' that technology has brainwashed people to expect everywhere).
It's unfortunate.

Retornaz just beat Mouat very handily. It's really nice to see a new team joining the top level.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

12-11-22 07:46PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Very happy to see Retornaz win. Great for the game when it's not the same fully subsidized full time paid or heavily sponsored teams win Gives the other teams hope they have a chance...yes, they're team Italy but met them last year Great guys Again, happy for them.

12-11-22 08:44PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
Blanking ends is an integral part of the game. Blank ends still require skill shots; require that the players make their shots. Not boring at all to me - just like a shutout in baseball is not boring, because it's still skill coming through.
I'd much rather see several blank ends with players making their shots than see scoring ends with players missing their shots.

I'm very surprised when I see knowledgeable curling people criticize blank ends as being "boring". I would expect just casual fans who don't understand the game to find blank ends boring. I guess even knowledgeable curling people have very short attention spans these days (thanks to the 'instant gratification' that technology has brainwashed people to expect everywhere).
It's unfortunate.

Retornaz just beat Mouat very handily. It's really nice to see a new team joining the top level.

Bang on with the comments about blank ends. Usually it takes a lot of great shots to achieve the blank end at the top level. It is not anywhere close to the days of of where a team that wins hammer can just say lets blank a few ends in a row. Also I heard one of the commentators say that Retornaz was peeling corners at times so as not to give up a big end. They choose to remain patient it seems and it paid of (barely) with the steal in 7.

12-12-22 03:42PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Great event for the Italians.

12-14-22 04:23AM
bpm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bpm Click here to Send bpm a Private Message Find more posts by bpm Add bpm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bpm
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hailstone
It's pretty weird that they have a system of dividing teams into groups, and then don't have those teams play games within those groups.

They've been doing this for a while now across different competitions. It's an efficient way to have a 16 team field and give everyone four games. Other formats require more draws to be held, putting pressure on event timelines. And I believe it's slightly better for avoiding tie-breaks, as well.

Teams in a group face the same opposition, rather than each other. So everyone in Pool A will play against everyone in Pool B, as example.

And the playoff qualifiers are based on overall record (I believe). So every team from one pool could theoretically qualify, if for example they collectively went undefeated against the other pool.

01-17-23 02:51AM
BaileyDaugherty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BaileyDaugherty Find more posts by BaileyDaugherty Add BaileyDaugherty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BaileyDaugherty
Knee-Slider

The article serves as a wealth of valuable information. Everyone here, including yourself, is doing fantastic work. Go on. monkey mart

01-27-23 12:47PM
janegrant0023 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for janegrant0023 Find more posts by janegrant0023 Add janegrant0023 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
janegrant0023
Knee-Slider

Are you ready to entrust your report writing to a service that is poorly rated? Browse the https://www.writingpapersucks.com/homeworkdoer-review/ page to find the detailed information about the service and its specifications.

06-10-23 03:26PM
donnahardings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for donnahardings Find more posts by donnahardings Add donnahardings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
donnahardings
Knee-Slider

As a student who has struggled with writing essays, this paperhelp website has been a lifesaver. I have always been a good student, but when it came to writing essays, I struggled. I would spend hours trying to come up with an idea, and then even more time trying to put my thoughts into words. But with this website, I no longer have to worry about that. I can find a reliable essay writing service with just a few clicks. The reviews are honest and informative, and I trust the recommendations that are given.