Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Chelsea Carey: She's baaaackkkkk. . . .

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-19-21 01:48PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Chelsea Carey: She's baaaackkkkk. . . .

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...-rink-1.6032402

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-19-21 03:45PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

I was just about to post this.
Great to see. I’m biased…I cheer for her. But she has given plenty back to the sport and it’s nice to see her back skipping a team.

05-19-21 03:52PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by maybo
I was just about to post this.
Great to see. I’m biased…I cheer for her. But she has given plenty back to the sport and it’s nice to see her back skipping a team.

She's a 2-time Canadian champion w/ quite the curling pedigree.

Must be the water in Manitoba but she's also one of the most exasperating skips to ever play the game. Almost the same scale as Jennifer Jones - although I don't believe anyone really comes close to JJ.

If you're an Ontario cheerleader, maybe Rachel Homan cuz its almost unbelievable she's only won 3 Canadian titles and 1 worlds in her 12 to 14 yrs on the women's scene. Before Rachel there was Sensational Sherry Middaugh.

Kerri Einarson was on course to be one of those exasperating types but she finally broke thru 3 or 4 yrs ago - and when she formed the all-skips she lambasted all the skeptics with 2 amazing no-doubt wins over Rachel Homan in STOH finals.

On the current men's side - the two most exasperating passengers in the game - Mike McEwen & John Epping.

In days of yore the names were Bob "Pee Wee" Pickering, Ron Manning, Garry Ross.

Late edit: I plum forgot about Saskatchewan Legend Merv Mann. When you read this clipping/link you might feel like crying. Merv Mann - The Forgotten Prairie Legend
https://curlsask.ca/goportfolio/mer...rler-saskatoon/

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 05-19-21 at 03:57PM

05-19-21 05:14PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Good for her. Could it be province number 3 at the Scotties? Will the team have enough combined points for pre-trials?

05-19-21 05:50PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Good for her. Could it be province number 3 at the Scotties? Will the team have enough combined points for pre-trials?

Prolly not. Carey herself is quoted as saying they don't have enough chips to get in.

She does say they'd need a huge early season run to nab an open spot, if there even is one more open spot. Jolene is prolly the only skip who'd consider taking on Chelsea.

If Amber Holland were still a viable last-rock flame-thrower can you imagine a combination of Carey-Holland?

I'll never forget that short run of success Holland had a decade ago. Without hesitation she was basically the Canadian Alina Paetz.

Today, Amber Holland finds herself a good curling administrator. She's a shadow of her former self on the curling lanes. In her prime Amber Holland truly lived up to the old nickname I saddled her with - 'The White Shadow'

05-19-21 07:23PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

She may be able to qualify with the 2 year total ctrs. No points awarded this season for anyone, but Chelsey would take 20% of her teams' previous 2 years, lots of points. Plus her new team mates must have "some" points to contribute. If the stars align and the 7 that qualify directly into the trials are based on Scotties wins, Canada Cup and 1 year totals, she make eke into the pre-trials. I'm not an accountant or statistician, but I'd think it would be worth looking into. Otherwise she'd need to hope that there's lots of early spiels to build up some points. Hope she makes it.

05-19-21 08:11PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Holland and Paetz equals? Are you nuts?
Holland and Carey however are cut from the same flawed cloth both bouncing around from team to team, Has to be some sort of underlying issue with their leadership styles.

05-19-21 08:21PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Holland and Carey however are cut from the same flawed cloth both bouncing around from team to team, Has to be some sort of underlying issue with their leadership styles.

Holland and Paetz aren't equals. Never were, never will be!

But for a couple (or 3) seasons Amber Holland electrified the canadian curling world with the way she man-handled Jennifer Jones, the best curler of her generation.

Holland was basically a 1-person wrecking career when she denied Jones what should now be her 7th Canadian title. Her shot-making was on par with Alina Paetz. Unfortunately, Paetz is an enduring superstar who replicates her great performances time after time. Holland is a semi-retired champion who spares occasionally!

05-19-21 08:22PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Holland and Paetz aren't equals. Never were, never will be!

But for a couple (or 3) seasons Amber Holland electrified the canadian curling world with the way she man-handled Jennifer Jones, the best curler of her generation.

Holland was basically a 1-person wrecking career when she denied Jones what should now be her 7th Canadian title. Her shot-making was on par with Alina Paetz. Unfortunately, Paetz is an enduring superstar who replicates her great performances time after time. Holland is a semi-retired champion who spares occasionally!

05-19-21 08:34PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

ML, what's going on? You're quoting yourself?

05-19-21 08:39PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Consider the source. M.I. hasn’t posted anything intelligent in years. Just read it, and then read it again and laugh. Every once in a while post something in reply and he’ll lose his feces. LOL.