Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-09-21 02:52PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Middaughs last shot for the win was superb. Showed those young guns that they are not the only ones with power. Front end almost stood and watched the one yellow gring to a halt before deciding to sweep it out. Too bad Howards reaction was hidden behind the mask.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-09-21 05:05PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
... i so prefer everyone taling in english

As opposed to??

03-10-21 10:08AM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Well, Gunner is fun, but BC, Jacobs and Middaugh is no fun to finish out.

Middaugh is the one I'm enjoying most... it's fun watching them go toe to toe with the big boys, because they hit every important shot. But with Grattan, Jacobs, and Gunner left they're gonna have to make more unimportant shots or they won't have a chance to make important shots.

03-10-21 06:54PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Gunnlaugson's 1st rocket in the 9th against Jacobs & Co. today was only a fraction of a second faster than Homan's double raise takeout against Quebec in the Scotties. The only difference is that Homan didn't miss.

03-11-21 09:41AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

that Manitoba v.s Northern Ontario game yesterday was ridiculous in the worst way. stubborness on a whole new level. manitoba had hammer times and did nothing with it but blank or give up a steal. at some point you have to accept things arent working with hammer and take a ****ing point. try things without hammer. thats just stupid to blank all that away and then get forced into going hard for points because you wasted all those other ends

new brunswick down at 4-3. i hope they make championship pool. would suck if they didnt

as for mcruthers. to say its surprising to see them at 2-4 would be an understatement. they have to hope for help just to advance now . its possible but i think, regardless of what happens here this experiment isnt working.

I still think mike could do well taking on one of the younger guys like calvert opr gauthier . depending on whether or not they're willing to play 3rd for him. mike just looks listless out there . he needs someone to rejuvinate him and i dont think reid is the one

it doesnt help that , even after all this time it still seems awkard with them. they still dont seem to fully buy into mike's game

speaking of awakward..i have a feeling this will be the last year fry is with epping. unless they win. the chemistry just seems off with him and the other 3. he doesnt look happy. at one point last night fry was calling for matt to sweep. matt didnt and fry actually uttered the words, in a pleading way "listen to me".

Last edited by misty1 on 03-11-21 at 09:49AM

03-11-21 10:29AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

I agree with you misty. That team has had lots of time to figure out it’s not

Ever since the time McEwen pouted and refused to come out for the closing ceremony when he lost a provincial final I find it hard to forget that behaviour. He hung his team out to dry and BJ in particular had to deal with the press.

I hope Reid can find a way to cut his friend loose.

03-11-21 01:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Mcruthers is out. Think they'll play the trials together but that's it after that

03-11-21 02:00PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
at some point you have to accept things arent working with hammer and take a ****ing point. try things without hammer.

Never.

03-11-21 02:08PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
" demolished "
3-0
Lowest scoring game in briar history

Didnt watch the game didja sunshine ...

IN ML's defense, at no point did I think Manitoba was going to win that game. That was ten ends of Northern Ontario doing exactly what they wanted to do, scoreboard be damned.

I know it was blank blank blank point blank blank whatever, and I know it was 1-0 and 2-0 for most of the game, but the feel of the game was that whether it was 50-3 or 2-0 - that was an insurmountable lead and Manitoba was not winning.

03-11-21 02:15PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Never.

I know as a curler you never want to be forced or willingly take one but sometimes teams actually play better without hammer. Also, they were only down 1-0 . If it was more than that I might understand not wanting to only take one because then you'd still be behind but they they weren't in a desperate situation . They didn't need 2.

Tied at 1 with hammer advantage in even ends and 4 to go is better than down 2-0 with 2 to go in my view. Especially with a team like jacobs that can defend that so well

And to be clear I'm not saying you play and end to take one as the goal

Last edited by misty1 on 03-11-21 at 02:28PM

03-11-21 02:27PM
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Never.

Kevin Martin did it during a provincial final against Koe. They couldn’t get a deuce for a few ends. They were running out of ends so discussed taking one and then steal, steal. Team agreed. It worked and they won.

03-11-21 03:09PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Mcruthers is out. Think they'll play the trials together but that's it after that

I kinda have a feeling bout Jacobs, too. Could be the layoff but they just seem 'off' to me.

03-11-21 05:32PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Nunavut ends the brier being outscored 91-16. thats

like i said earlier i think im on board with people who believe that the northern territories should be combined into 1

03-11-21 05:34PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Anyone catch BJs f bomb in the 4th? End update?

03-11-21 05:39PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Nunavut ends the brier being outscored 91-16. thats

like i said earlier i think im on board with people who believe that the northern territories should be combined into 1

I agree, The experiment has not worked. That the game did not grow in the territories as hoped is evident by those teams that brought up a southerner and/or get clobbered game after game. Should taxpayers and curling clubs be on the hook for a weeks vacation for people year after year?

03-11-21 06:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Anyone catch BJs f bomb in the 4th? End update?

I thought it was Benny.

That'll cost him a couple hundred.

03-11-21 10:50PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Laycock providing some controversy tonight

Last edited by southerncurler on 03-11-21 at 10:54PM

03-11-21 11:22PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Championship pool is pretty much according to form. I would've picked McEwen over Gunner and didn't see Middaugh on top but overall it's the usual suspects.

03-11-21 11:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler

What are your thoughts if Cotter/Laycock caused the problem/created the problem with the ice due to poor sportsmanship, should they default the game? I say yes. Why should team Bottcher suffer for their idiocy.?

03-11-21 11:34PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

Gunnlaugson needs to gain comfort throwing more soft weight shots. His last shot against Middaugh tonight was just a ridiculous strategy -- attempting an in-off to sit second shot instead of playing a much easier soft tap back. You can't be dipping into the 8th and 9th end without having attempted a single draw. I mean, I guess you can, but then you're limiting your potential as a team.

I'm glad the Brier can start now that we have the eight advancing teams.

I got a kick out of Cathy making a meal out of Laycock's ice damage. I didn't notice Team Alberta being anything but professional (even tossing compliments to Team BC later on), and yet she talked about them like they were seething mad and seeking revenge.

03-11-21 11:35PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Personal thought is causing ice damage as a direct result of your actions is cause for removal from the game of that player.

WCF rule 18 covers this. Curling Canada doesn’t seem to publish its championship rules so I’m not sure if it exists in this competition.

^Moulding very clearly shoved a rock to the board after the conclusion of the 5th end. Bottcher team just like nearly all curlers are classy folks, I’m not surprised they’re continuing to compliment nice shots, doesn’t mean at the time they weren’t upset.

Last edited by southerncurler on 03-11-21 at 11:37PM

03-11-21 11:35PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Brier

what happened between BC and Alberta tonight?

03-12-21 12:50AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

Fairly amusing how worked up the broadcast and Twitter was about the Laycock “incident”. He slammed his broom (which happens no less than 100 times in the Brier). Obviously he wasn’t trying to damage the ice and delay the game. He shouldn’t have done it, feels bad, will pay a modest fine and the curling match had to last 40 minutes later than usual. Not groundbreaking stuff.

So the championship pool is set. You’d have to have tried really hard to not predict at least 7/8 teams. All eight teams having 1.2 or 3 losses makes it very tight. 3 losses will get you no worse than a tiebreaker. The teams being so bunched makes it more possible 4 losses gets at least a tiebreaker. I still think Koe, Bottcher and Gushue are the most likely final three. Wayne’s a great story but they are going to come back to earth.

I’ve settled on liking the 3 team playoff. It seems most fair. Getting first is a huge reward as it should be. It also makes each of the round robin games more important.

03-12-21 12:50AM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

^^lets clarify

Steve reportedly slammed his broom plastic side down or at least missed the foam portion.

Also the “best curler in the world” made a natural 1/2 rock peel that was lined up for an over the top raise. It was a fun shot to see but Cotter’s last was much more of a precision shot to even get to sitting 2nd shot.

03-12-21 07:33AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler

The isolation must be taking a toll. Instead of letting off steam in the patch, they are stuck watching Netflix with a beer in their hotel room.

Last edited by curlerbroad on 03-12-21 at 07:38AM