4th
J: CanAM MJCT Spiel
Grand Forks, ND
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Sep 15 -- 12:00pm CT
Mackenzie Zacharias
Grace Beaudry

3rd
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Grand Final, Beijing, China

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-01-19 08:47AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Grand Final, Beijing, China

Jones Team is going to Beijing and replacing Team Homan. Just wondering who made this decision. Wish them luck. Hope the scores are going to be posted on CZ.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-01-19 08:53AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

World cup

Interesting read attached. Should be a good show.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/jo...ning-world-cup/

05-01-19 11:29AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

Apparently Ben Hebert woin't be going with Team Koe to this. Could be interesting to see who they'll bring in.

05-01-19 04:57PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Jones

Curious as to how and why Jones was selected. 1/2 her team missing, a spare and a retiree. Obviously it has nothing to do with ranking or they wouldn't have skipped over Einarson. This would have been the perfect time to send someone new to gain international experience. Silvernagle comes to mind. Much better choice for Canada's "big picture", than a mish mash of been there done that.

05-01-19 05:13PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Apparently Ben Hebert woin't be going with Team Koe to this. Could be interesting to see who they'll bring in.

Koe shouldn't need too much time to figure this one out. Karrick, one of the best in the world, is sitting 175 miles north awaiting his call.

05-02-19 08:29AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Didn't we know by this time last year where the sites were going to be for this season? I can't see any announcements anywhere about sites for the 2019-20 season. I'm starting to wonder if it's even going to happen.

05-02-19 10:52AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

Exhibition events like this don’t appeal to me much. Based on the publicity and interest I suspect this is going the way of the dinosaurs soon. Invitational sporting matches diminish the competitiveness required for this fan’s interest.

05-02-19 11:05AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Jones

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Curious as to how and why Jones was selected. 1/2 her team missing, a spare and a retiree. Obviously it has nothing to do with ranking or they wouldn't have skipped over Einarson. This would have been the perfect time to send someone new to gain international experience. Silvernagle comes to mind. Much better choice for Canada's "big picture", than a mish mash of been there done that.

And based on Jones' recent performances, I think it would have been better to send Silvernagle rather than Jones with only 1/2 her team.

05-02-19 06:51PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

TSN Schedule for World Cup

https://www.tsn.ca/2016-17-curling-...hedule-1.593081

05-02-19 09:45PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Jones

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

And based on Jones' recent performances, I think it would have been better to send Silvernagle rather than Jones with only 1/2 her team.

Much as I love Jennifer Jones, her historical place in curling - she's nearing 45 and has never been more inconsistent. Doesn't even seem to be hitting the stick (or close to it) anymore.
Kaitlyn Lawes has prolly had her worst season since "turning pro", too!
Great experience for Shannon Birchard as she's one of the real comers in Canadian curling.
Jill almost always acquits herself well.
But if JJ reads these threads she might be so absolutely infuriated she goes out and wins a game!!!

05-02-19 09:51PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Silvernagle or Scheidegger would probably be more deserving than Jones w/ an ailing Lawes, retired Jilly & spare Birchard going half way round the world.

That said, you might think I'm writing Jones off for the 2019-20 season. Far from it.

Fleury & Einarson will provide great debate for the Manitoba Scotties spot - maybe one or 2 other teams could upset the entire apple-cart.

But unless Jones is totally ignorant to change or her own flaws - she'll establish some corrections over the summer break and be ready to rumble in the fall.

Einarson - had a great opening to her premier season with the all-skips team. She fell off the board in the middle but recovered quite nicely down the stretch and finished well. If she plays to her highest level, Jones won't be able to hang with her.

Fleury will be there to pick up the pieces if both Jones & Einarson falter. Tracy may not be a spectacular 4th stoner like Jones or Einarson but she carries an aura of consistency in her game. Same with her team.

Manitoba will be a real sock hop next season to be sure!

05-03-19 08:06AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
TSN Schedule for World Cup

https://www.tsn.ca/2016-17-curling-...hedule-1.593081

Thanks curler one for this info. A bit broken up but still, I'll set my tivo and enjoy the games.

05-03-19 05:47PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

Denni Neufeld to fill in as sub for Hebert in the Curling World Cup final in Beijing.

https://tinyurl.com/yxewtfmy

05-03-19 11:14PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Denni Neufeld to fill in as sub for Hebert in the Curling World Cup final in Beijing.

https://tinyurl.com/yxewtfmy

WAAAAY less cursing, broom bashing, rock kicking, far end call interference, call arguing, biceps watching, and missed weight calls....upgrade. Too much input is just that, TOOOO much. Leads are like children of years ago....my generation, should be seen but NOT HEARD.....unless spoken to.

05-04-19 06:47AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

WAAAAY less cursing, broom bashing, rock kicking, far end call interference, call arguing, biceps watching, and missed weight calls....upgrade. Too much input is just that, TOOOO much. Leads are like children of years ago....my generation, should be seen but NOT HEARD.....unless spoken to.

I'll look forward to seeing Denni sparing for the Koe team. I agree that Ben has too much to say.

05-05-19 01:25PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

IN-OFF-FOR-2

Nevvvvver realized you were such a huge fan of Uncle Benny! lol

05-07-19 06:38AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

One more day. After this final curling game on television, my fix will be satisfied until September.

05-07-19 03:18PM
Team Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Jones Find more posts by Team Jones Add Team Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Jones
Knee-Slider

If anyone is wondering, Jocelyn is not with Team Jones for this event because according to her Instagram story, her friend has a wedding in Mexico that she’s attending.

05-08-19 04:42PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

win, loss, loss, split

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...rling-1.5128213

05-08-19 05:41PM
Team Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Jones Find more posts by Team Jones Add Team Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Jones
Knee-Slider

I am a die-hard team Jones fan and I must say JJ at 98% was a huge surprise for me for a 70-80% season.

05-11-19 03:27PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Team Jones
I am a die-hard team Jones fan and I must say JJ at 98% was a huge surprise for me for a 70-80% season.

Seems Jones is a much better curler when there's dollars involved. Lets face it, we all do better when there's money to be taken. Let's go Canada. Three championships would be excellent and a swell way to end the season.

05-11-19 07:18PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Very surprised JJ Jones has made her way to the grand finale. Looked like her goose was cooked down the stretch this year - but she re-upped her game and has made great progress in last couple events. Having the great Shannon Birchard & Jill Officer on the front never hurts - Kaitlyn has prolly turned her game around, too! Won 4 of 6 to get to the grand finale - collapsed in one of her final 2 - but having a final spot locked up - she really blew up vs. Nia Roth (USA), blowing an early 4-0 lead and letting Roth steal her blind last 3 ends to secure a meaningless victory. Jones was homefree to the final and Roth managed to save face with her 2nd win against 4 losses.

FInal vs. Silvana/Paetz should be a challenge. Paetz is a natural born killer and Jones has felt her wrath on several occasions. Silvana also a more conservative skip than JJ - just likes to keep her team in the game - and hope the other guy blows up.

My prediction is Jones hangs in til around end 4 or 5, Paetz hangs her up with a deuce or 3 and then Jones goes all in and can't get it past the 7th end vs. the stout defense the Swiss put up.

That said, good result nonetheless and hope that Jones can stake her claim to a better year next year!

05-11-19 09:31PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I can't decide if need to stay up late, go all night, or get up early, Canada wins all 3

05-11-19 11:05PM
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

Congrats to Team Koe for ending the season with a win just as they did for their first event. Denni was a great sub. Here's hoping for another Canadian sweep.

Nice showing as well for Team China! Koe praised them in the post interview.

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 05-11-19 at 11:10PM

05-11-19 11:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

TSN Turning Point

China decided to draw for 1 vs blank 4th. Can't believe Harris wasn't doing jumping jacks at the coach's bench to prevent it. Mind you, hard for him to get off the ground!! First time ever seeing Chinese playing bagpipes..