Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-21 04:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I do know that everyone plays on the same ice and yes everyone has to and should be able to adapt. that doesnt change the fact that its bad ice. commentators can make excuses all they want but this is just not a good surface. not up to the standards were used to seeing at the national championship and worlds. I mean, we are seeing the best teams in the world at times be afraid to draw or to uncertain to draw, opting to hit . that shouldnt be happening

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-21 06:29PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Hey all - I have a ridiculous question from the states.

We’ve got some Tim Hortons down here, but I’m not aware of their marketing campaigns. Most of the TSN commercials get cut out here, but during the scotties their campaign seemed to be “our coffee doesn’t suck anymore.” Now during the Brier it’s “our sandwiches don’t suck anymore.” Is this a new commercial campaign? Tim Hortons doesn’t suck anymore???

03-07-21 07:57PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Wild. We’ve got the fancy donut places here, as well as the Dunkin Donuts. The Tim Hortons didn’t really grab on until the Blue Jackets started televising hockey games up here.

Which is wild because when I was a little lad we got Leafs games on CBC over the air because the signal carried over Lake Erie. Turns out Cleveland likes hockey. Who knew?

Anyway back on topic. Yeah, the men look off, but I don’t think they look more off than the women. I remember Anderson whiffing an easy one in game one, as well as generally crap play early on in the scotties too. I suspect it’ll be the same old same old at the end, just like the scotties. SK and WC and QC looked great then it was playoff time and it was Jones, Homan, and Einarson just like we all could have guessed (plus Walker in that McCarville/Walker/Silvernagle extra spot that goes to some other team).

I’ll believe it’s different when it happens, but until then I’m assuming it’ll be the same ol Koe, Gushue, and Bottcher with some Other almost as good team in the extra spot jockeying for third.

03-07-21 09:22PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
Hey all - I have a ridiculous question from the states.

We’ve got some Tim Hortons down here, but I’m not aware of their marketing campaigns. Most of the TSN commercials get cut out here, but during the scotties their campaign seemed to be “our coffee doesn’t suck anymore.” Now during the Brier it’s “our sandwiches don’t suck anymore.” Is this a new commercial campaign? Tim Hortons doesn’t suck anymore???

LMAO. It has to be one of the worst ad campaigns in history. How many ads did they run a couple years back with people praising their dark roast or egg loaf sandwiches? Now they are saying both were garbage. Basically they are admitting to selling low end stuff for years but trust 'em now, they've figured it all out. Sinking ship.

03-07-21 10:02PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

look, i am one of those people who have advocated for every team being here before. but nunavut has been out scored 37-3 in the 3 games they have played so far and the 3rd game isnt even over yet. thats ridiculous . it not even funny and it does just make me believe they shouldnt be there

03-07-21 10:03PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The tailspin with Tim's started the day Wendy's bought the company. It's now ten fold worse since the Brazilian company that owns Burger King bought them out. NOTHING is made in store any more. All pre-made, prepackaged, frozen then baked. If it's not the big Tim's truck dumping crap off it's the sysco truck. Bags of "soup" and "chili". Pre-grilled formed chicken.

The only thing I still order is their new roast beef sandwiches. At least it looks and tastes like beef...sort of.

However, thanks to Tim's for sponsoring the curling.

03-07-21 10:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I havent eaten at tims in years. i used to in university and from time to time afterward but not in at least 5 or 6 years. thats depressing to hear what its become

03-07-21 10:28PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
look, i am one of those people who have advocated for every team being here before. but nunavut has been out scored 37-3 in the 3 games they have played so far and the 3rd game isnt even over yet. thats ridiculous . it not even funny and it does just make me believe they shouldnt be there
. Final score was 16-1. Ridiculous. Yes we need inclusivity but Curling Canada needs to re think all 3 Northern territories participating.

03-07-21 11:05PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The brier should be a 12 team tournament . TC plus all the provs and territories. But only 1 team out of the bottom 4. One wildcard.
And on another note, John Morris should shut his pie hole.

Last edited by guido on 03-07-21 at 11:18PM

03-07-21 11:15PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
The brier should be a 12 team tournament . TC plus all the private and territories. But only 1 team out of the bottom 4. One wildcard.
And on another note, John Morris should shut his pie hole.

I think that’s what Koe said, in the 9th Koe stayed down the other end, then mumbled something about Morris moving the broom.

03-07-21 11:20PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

I think that’s what Koe said, in the 9th Koe stayed down the other end, then mumbled something about Morris moving the broom.

Not just that, it’s all game long. He thinks he’s the only one that knows the game..

03-08-21 01:01PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:

You know when Cheryl Bernard, who doesn't want to criticize anyone, makes a comment about "too many cooks" during one point where Morris and Hebert were both politicking for their preferred call while Koe couldn't get a word in that it's a problem. I really hope they run out of time.

03-08-21 01:25PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

You know when Cheryl Bernard, who doesn't want to criticize anyone, makes a comment about "too many cooks" during one point where Morris and Hebert were both politicking for their preferred call while Koe couldn't get a word in that it's a problem. I really hope they run out of time.

They are four and zero. Must not be the worst system.

03-08-21 01:41PM
rosey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rosey Find more posts by rosey Add rosey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rosey
Knee-Slider

quote:

Koe asked Morris for more ice and then missed the shot wide...he was muttering that he should not have asked for the broom to be moved and that Morris' original broom was right.

03-08-21 03:29PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
To break the drudgery & monotony of 3 televised draws per day TSN should really bring aboard (via Skype or Zoom) noted guest commentators. My nominees would be:

1. Jill Officer (if she's not locked up by Bell/Sportsnet)
2. Jennifer Jones (she's really well-spoken on curling shots & strategy)
3. Kerri Einarson (a bit giddy at times but she deserves a shot)
4. Rachel Homan (lets see what she can do, although waiting for Baby #2 prolly more her priority)
5. Don Duguid (if he's still verbal)
6. Matt Baldwin (same as #5)
7. Ron Northcott
8. Jeff Stoughton or Jon Mead

No more than 3 ends for any of above - perhaps only 1 end for older guys like Duguid, Baldwin, Northcott, Ernie, etc.

All this contingent on live coverage. If the coverage on guest commentator's TV is same as what fans see, then all is OK. If its delayed by a few seconds, the idea falls flat.

Its not so much having these folks do accurate and hard-core analysis. Just catching up with the greatest players of our game, finding out where they're at and giving fans a bit more juice!

PS. If they did a survey I'm pretty sure Duguid & Jones would be at the top. Ernie Richardson or Baldwin might be #3.

Officer, Stoughton and Mead all did Manitoba playdowns at one time or another. Officer and Mead were quite good, Stoughton was not. I would like to see Wayne Middaugh announcing after his playing days are done.

03-08-21 07:20PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

I’m enjoying watching Grattan doing so well at the Brier so far. I’m usually one to hope for the underdog and don’t have a team that I care about winning this year so it’s fun to see the higher seeds lose once in awhile.

03-08-21 08:16PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

How many briars does stoighten have? If that’s horrible stick your head back in the sand.

03-08-21 08:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

me too. this is the kind of thing that just usually doesnt happen at the brier. hopefully he can keep it going and make the championship pool

03-08-21 09:50PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
How many briars does stoighten have? If that’s horrible stick your head back in the sand.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with auto spell, I have the problem of huge thumbs, but it's Brier and Stoughton.

I do agree though, surely, a multiple Canadian champ would have intelligent commentary, especially regarding strategy.

03-08-21 10:47PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with auto spell, I have the problem of huge thumbs, but it's Brier and Stoughton.

I do agree though, surely, a multiple Canadian champ would have intelligent commentary, especially regarding strategy.

You would think so but he didn't. The TV folk must have agreed cuz his time with the mike was short lived.

This Que-NS game is very entertaining. Love the jammed 4 foot every end.

03-08-21 10:49PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Well, ML, you know what they say about opinions. I thought Jeff Stoughton did just fine as a colour commentator and I find Vic Router’s feigned ignorance a tad annoying.

03-08-21 11:58PM
Maggie
Hitting Paint

If Gushue wins the Brier this year he will be only the second men’s team to win two separate back to back national championships. The only other team to do it is the Richardsons.

03-09-21 06:39AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Correction ML. Stoughten lost to Russ Howard rink in the Olympic trials, end the Russ Howard rink went on to win Olympic gold. At the olympics name of team is determined by the skips name. Without Howard, Gushue would have never seen the olympics that year.

03-09-21 01:37PM
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Then a great finish.

I tell you what, I think if this Middaugh fellow sticks with the curling he might turn out to be pretty good someday.

03-09-21 02:27PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

The finish was a career summary for both players. McEwen had chance but was just a little bit off and Middaugh had his chance and cashed it in.
Gunner and Gratton obvious surprises so far, Gushue and Jacobs at 2L early also a surprise. Gushue is safely in championship round as his toughest game is vs NS, at worst he is 5-3, 95% chance of 6-2. Jacobs has taller order in Bottcher, Gunner and Middaugh.

Last edited by hogged again on 03-09-21 at 02:30PM