Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 5 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-09-23 08:00PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

B Laing in the first end of the win and your in game:
McEwen calls a board weight hit and roll. Laing mutters in the hack that he can't make the roll with board. Doesn't ask if he can throw hack instead, throws board and makes the roll perfect.
McEwen calls for an outturn draw. Laing mutters that the inturn is better while Fry is in hack.
Fry is throwing draw says "8 feet less than his last", Laing says yes and is starting to say something else but Fry is already shooting. Rock misses, Laing mutters to lead how Fry needs to let him talk but doesn't say anything to Fry.
This is your calming veteran presence? Snippy and jittery to start the game?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-10-23 08:46AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

The chemistry on mcewens team is non existent. It was really uncomfortable to watch . The commentators mentioned it more than once al. Cathy was lost for words both times vic brought it up to her.

Vic said kast night team mcewen may win in spite of itself and I think that rings true for every game

I came into this hoping for mcewen but this team is just so uncomfortable to watch. Imagine this team as team canada.

I am curious though what Mike said to Ryan after the game last night. Ryan patted him then Mike gave him a quick hug and said something that sounded like " thanks for putting up with me tonight" or thanks for helping me tonight. But I'm not sure

Last edited by misty1 on 03-10-23 at 08:50AM

03-10-23 09:05AM
lixit74 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lixit74 Click here to Send lixit74 a Private Message Find more posts by lixit74 Add lixit74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lixit74
Harvey Hacksmasher

Horgan vs. Bottcher
McEwen vs. Koe.

On paper looks it'll be Botch and Koe into the final 4, but Curling the curling gods had different ideas sometimes.

In looking @ both how Gushue and Dunstone are playing, I'm not sure if any of the above 4 teams will be able to past either of them.

Hoping this will be Dunstone's year. Great team dynamics and attitude on and off the ice.

03-10-23 09:16AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I agree bottcher should beat Horgan. McEwen v.s koe is tougher to call. Youd favor koe but he's looked shaky these last few games. With the pressure of qualifying off mcewens back that team could play freely and if they can do that they have a shot against koe. In particular if laing and fry can put pressure on Thiessen and tardi .

Koe probably wins a skipping duel but in my opinion mcewen is stronger in the middle positions. Depends what version of fry and laing show up

03-10-23 09:51AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
The chemistry on mcewens team is non existent. It was really uncomfortable to watch . The commentators mentioned it more than once al. Cathy was lost for words both times vic brought it up to her.

Vic said kast night team mcewen may win in spite of itself and I think that rings true for every game

I came into this hoping for mcewen but this team is just so uncomfortable to watch. Imagine this team as team canada.

I am curious though what Mike said to Ryan after the game last night. Ryan patted him then Mike gave him a quick hug and said something that sounded like " thanks for putting up with me tonight" or thanks for helping me tonight. But I'm not sure

I agree about McEwen, misty. I was hoping he would have learned to regulate his emotions a bit since he behaved so badly at provincials a few years ago. Imagine not coming out of the locker room after losing and leaving it to his teammates to deal with the ceremony and press.

It must be difficult to play with him.

03-10-23 09:53AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
I Depends what version of fry and laing show up

And that depends on how much time Fry spent in the Patch post game. There has to be a reason Fry has bounced around from team to team so many times.

03-10-23 10:08AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

I agree about McEwen, misty. I was hoping he would have learned to regulate his emotions a bit since he behaved so badly at provincials a few years ago. Imagine not coming out of the locker room after losing and leaving it to his teammates to deal with the ceremony and press.

It must be difficult to play with him.

I didn't mean to put it all on Mike and I dont think that teams chemistry issues all fall on mike, that's not fair to say. Look at laing and fry griping about calls at the hack and saying nothing to Mike himself

03-10-23 10:13AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Perhaps McEwan is the difficult one to play with…he seems pretty moody at times. Fry can get hyper but don’t forget he has Olympic Gold while the others don’t.

03-10-23 10:24AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:

I didn't mean to put it all on Mike and I dont think that teams chemistry issues all fall on mike, that's not fair to say. Look at laing and fry griping about calls at the hack and saying nothing to Mike himself

Fair point. I don’t recall that behaviour from Fry and Laing when they played on other teams. The few times I saw Laing make a suggestion Mike ignored him.

03-10-23 10:30AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I think Mike being a little moodier than usual can be attributed to what vic and Cathy mentioned last night. How he does feel pressure to win a brier and maybe feels like his time is running out. They mentioned Brent pointing out that Glenn won his last in his 50s.

There's an Internal pressure Mike feels . Then you hear him talk about how he was starting to question himself, if he still had it. I feel for mike. It seems like he's hit a pretty low point..or at some point was there

03-10-23 10:35AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Chemistry issues aside I'm kind of pulling for mcewen. Just because it would be nice to see someone new win and the truth is his window may very well be closing this might be one if his last shots . Bottcher, koe and gushue have won already and dunstone is going win at least one. Maybe more

Mcewen winning could be a great story and they might calm down if they do. Might not be so uncomfortable with confidence boost

I don't think Mike is washed up as some on here have said. Confident mcewen is still a threat he just...hasn't had that in a while

03-10-23 02:07PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by lixit74

Hoping this will be Dunstone's year. Great team dynamics and attitude on and off the ice.

Totally agree. They remind me of Einarson's team. BJ and Sweeting are just perfect thirds for Matt and Kerri and both teams are just very professional, great communication, know their roles and never a negative vibe.

Expecting a better game from Mcewen's team today. They were super tight last night because it was a game they should win 8/10 and it was to qualify. Now that they have qualified I expect a much looser attitude and better shotmaking.

03-10-23 02:46PM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Perhaps McEwan is the difficult one to play with…he seems pretty moody at times. Fry can get hyper but don’t forget he has Olympic Gold while the others don’t.

McEwan is one of the nicest, kindest guys you'd ever want to meet. His problem, if he has one, is that he is too nice and doesn't take control of his team. He does wear his heart on his sleeve and his emotions are out there for all to see. Fry and Lang, on the other hand, are known for being 'prickly' and they've bounced from team to team to team because they're 'difficult'. I'd love to see Mike win this after so many tries. He'd probably collapse into a blubbering heap. :-)

03-10-23 04:39PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

I wonder what Laing is like off the ice. He is one of maybe 2 curlers I find difficult to watch because everything he says is negative.

03-10-23 05:46PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Great win for mcewen. We have a 2/4 chance if a first time winner. Let's hope it happend

03-10-23 05:49PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
I wonder what Laing is like off the ice. He is one of maybe 2 curlers I find difficult to watch because everything he says is negative.

I agree, great guy, soft spoken and quite shy, does not really like the spot light on himself. Go Mike and Team!

03-10-23 06:15PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Great win for mcewen. We have a 2/4 chance if a first time winner. Let's hope it happend

I'm hoping Dunstone vs. Gushue final. Either new blood or a record 5th. Bottcher/McEwan don't interest me though I admit Mike winning would be a sight to see.

03-10-23 08:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

I'm hoping Dunstone vs. Gushue final. Either new blood or a record 5th. Bottcher/McEwan don't interest me though I admit Mike winning would be a sight to see.

Same. If not Gushue then Dunstone or McEwen. New winner is always good for the game. Any of the final four should do well at worlds.

03-11-23 07:45AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I'm curious to see what happen with koe In the off season. He has had an average Season for his standard . Only one one event and struggled in slams. He isnt really at the point where he can say " let's give it time ". I don't believe tardi is where koe needs him to be. He makes a ton of half shots . Kevin had to bail them out a lot over the week. And he sounded frustrated with Tyler a lot in general. I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin replaced Tyler

An yes you can argue Tyler made 2nd team all star but I'm not sure what the people doing stats were on this week . They were pretty generous. Tyler got some generous numbers. You know it's bd when cathy calls out the percentages as generous during a game

03-11-23 01:19PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Y'all nuts.

Tardi was the second best third at the Brier this week. Koe was the fourth best skip. Even if stats are inflated it's still wild to say Tardi wasn't good enough.

03-11-23 01:42PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

People also doubted Team Koe after 2015 Brier. The same four people, albeit with slightly different roles, won Brier & World Men's in 2016.

03-11-23 01:43PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Y'all nuts.

Tardi was the second best third at the Brier this week. Koe was the fourth best skip. Even if stats are inflated it's still wild to say Tardi wasn't good enough.

Agreed and to the poster above this post, Koe gave a very flattering interview where he was talking about Tardi. Armchair sports journos continue to amuse, though. You can't take someone seriously though who also says McEwen is washed up and insinuates Kennedy has never been a convincing third.

03-11-23 01:58PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Wrong again. They're actually buddies. Teams change, it's part of the game, Heebz knows that and didn'ttake it personally.

And as for Lainger, Fry being washed up, how about that shot? It's why he's there and you're writing drivel. Obviously Mike saw something in them that he didn't see in you.

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 03-11-23 at 02:02PM

03-11-23 02:18PM
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Chemistry issues aside I'm kind of pulling for mcewen. Just because it would be nice to see someone new win and the truth is his window may very well be closing this might be one if his last shots . Bottcher, koe and gushue have won already and dunstone is going win at least one. Maybe more

Mcewen winning could be a great story and they might calm down if they do. Might not be so uncomfortable with confidence boost

I don't think Mike is washed up as some on here have said. Confident mcewen is still a threat he just...hasn't had that in a while

Your post made me think a bit. I agree that it would be good to see someone win who hasn’t before. Dunstone team would be one, too.

I want to like McEwen. I struggle with his on ice demeanour but you have made some good points regarding that, misty.

03-11-23 03:10PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Just a point \note here. You're only allowed to sweep opposing rocks behind the T. Kennedy just swept a McEwen rock that was above the T. I don't if it made a difference but he broke that rule