Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-27-20 03:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Curlingzone scoring

Let me just start by saying that I appreciate curlingzone a great deal. It's nice to have a place to come that about curling with people who ate as passionate about it as I am

This year however I'm getting frustrated with tje so called livescoring on the site. Many times this season the scores on the site have lagged severely behind to the point where there are times where scores arent even completed until the next day. Case and point the anderson/howard b qualifier in the Saskatchewan scotties. When I went to bed it was 4-3 for anderson in the 6th. I woke up at 7 and checked to see who won on here and curlingzone still had it as 4-3 for anderson in the 6th. I end up having to look elsewhere to find the scores of games. When it comes to international events like world mixed or euros I dont even come here anymore. I use curlit.

I just dont know what's going on because usually the scoring on this site is reliable. anyone else share my frustration here?

Last edited by misty1 on 01-27-20 at 03:29PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-27-20 05:11PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

I'm new here, so I don't really know what to expect, but yes, I've experienced lags and incompletes, and even worse, sometimes undeniably errors, things like scoring 2 in one end instead of 3, assigning one team's scores for the entire game to the other team and vice versa, etc.

Team roster is also sometimes wrong with regards to substitutes/alternates.

01-27-20 08:44PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I mostly use the scoring provided by the provincial reps (CurlSask, CurlOnt etc) for provincials due to their auto updating format.

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 01-27-20 at 08:51PM

01-27-20 10:15PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I have noticed a decline in timely posting of scores. But I have an idea. Maybe volunteers could post here, from televised or curling authority sites. It is hard for CZ to get a volunteer at every event, but some folks who ARE watching online, could post the updates here. It isn't rocket science. Or, a volunteer at the event could TEXT scores to someone updating on a pc elsewhere. Guess it all comes down to organizing capable volunteers.

01-28-20 10:40AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Curlingzone gives the access to post scores. The accuracy or timeliness of those scores are all up to the individual tournaments and the person sitting at the computer. One shift may have a person updating immediately after every end and the next day no one has the password to the laptop.

01-28-20 02:31PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar ]Curlingzone gives the access to post scores. The accuracy or timeliness of those scores are all up to the individual tournaments and the person sitting at the computer. One shift may have a person updating immediately after every end and the next day no one has the password to the laptop
Fair enough. But timeliness here is important because these scores disappear forever each Tuesday or Wednesday when our next line-up comes to the left margin. So, delays in posting only makes CZ look bad and disappoints its users.

01-28-20 03:16PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Fair enough. But timeliness here is important because these scores disappear forever each Tuesday or Wednesday when our next line-up comes to the left margin. So, delays in posting only makes CZ look bad and disappoints its users.

Go to "EVENTS" at the top and you can go back to whatever event you want to by week. Scores don't disappear.

Maybe Gerry should just delete the access and lines for those not keeping up. Look at the Alaska Club Championship, they quit in the 4th end of the second draw.

01-28-20 04:05PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

Go to "EVENTS" at the top and you can go back to whatever event you want to by week. Scores don't disappear.

Maybe Gerry should just delete the access and lines for those not keeping up. Look at the Alaska Club Championship, they quit in the 4th end of the second draw.

I'd be OK with this.

Zero scores in the Newfy tankard.

01-29-20 05:18PM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

As someone who has updated scores with this site a few times throughout the years and for a couple of events this year the site is frustrating at times. Sometimes it’s not the person putting scores in because site is down. I have used another site for provincial events in pei and have had no problems. Sometimes also it can be internet connection at club. Also in pei no provincials are posted on this site someone takes our scores on our site and updates this one. I don’t know how many events do this but some do