Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-17-20 11:34AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I would think that there is zero chance that Kevin Koe will play any position other than skip, nor should he. The game he calls is suited to his abilities.
The idea that the skip draws the four foot is such a myth. The front end sweeps the rock to the four foot. That is not to say that the skip can't overthrow the rock, but in most cases, what he/she has to do is throw the rock to the front of the house.
That was his problem in the brier, he had the brawn but not the brains on the front end.
There are few skips alive that can can throw the big weight like he does.
Also, line calling is an art, (see Nicols)
I believe that curling is completely a team game at the elite level. It takes four people to make important shots.
No doubt that is why the change

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-17-20 11:37AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Rocque is letting go her front end.

I wonder if it's where Pooks and Fergie will go.

03-17-20 11:44AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

If that is correct, it makes a lot of sense.

03-17-20 11:46AM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

I think there is a lot of things going on in the background. Kind of like "never leave your job until you have another one"

03-17-20 11:55AM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Johnny Mo is back with Kevin Koe.

https://twitter.com/TeamKevinKoe/st...945764048175109

03-17-20 12:25PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Morris will no doubt be a great fit for Team Koe. Got a great resume, has played with Benny and Kevin before and the dude can throw a rock.

03-17-20 12:26PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by c_anabranch
Johnny Mo is back with Kevin Koe.

https://twitter.com/TeamKevinKoe/st...945764048175109

Hmmm my guess is that BJ will move to second as I can't see Johnny Mo playing that spot??

03-17-20 12:34PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

According to TSN, he will play second. But they are not always right
My guess is that this is just the start of Team Koe's transformation. Year one, second goes, year two third goes, Johnny moves to third and new second is brought on.

03-17-20 12:37PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5499787?__...mpression=true#

Good story here

03-17-20 12:43PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

"We just thought we had to make a move. At this stage of my career and Kevin Koe's career we don't want to sit around and wait," Ben Hebert said.
Not much doubt who was forefront on the decision making!

03-17-20 12:53PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Antoher team announcement

TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

Team Murphy is excited to announce that Carly Howard will be joining our team at third. Janet will continue to be part of the team as our alternate. We are excited for the upcoming season,…
https://www.instagram.com/p/B914mvu...d=164yaqelluanw

03-17-20 12:53PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Carly Howard replaces Janet Murphy on team Murphy. Janet will stay as an alternate

03-17-20 01:10PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

BJ is a better shooter than JMo is now, but John may be better in the house calling line.
Koe is constantly in time trouble and it wasn't because of Flasch. With Hebert and Morris on front end he is going to need about 7 timeouts per game.

03-17-20 01:13PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5499787?__...mpression=true#

Good story here

I thought it was well presented by Hebert and Carey. I may not agree that that is the proper route to take, I much prefer Gushue, Bottcher, Jacobs, and McEwan's approach. But time will tell.
My personal opinion is that KOE and CAREY make too many changes, which result in short term success.
For instance, Kennedy allegedly took time off for back surgery. If that in fact was the case, in year one they could have filled that position for that year only. Now Kennedy is thriving with Jacobs due to a couple of freak circumstances

03-17-20 01:17PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
BJ is a better shooter than JMo is now, but John may be better in the house calling line.
Koe is constantly in time trouble and it wasn't because of Flasch. With Hebert and Morris on front end he is going to need about 7 timeouts per game.

I was having the same thoughts. If he thought he had time problems before, Watch out!!

03-17-20 01:48PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet

I thought it was well presented by Hebert and Carey. I may not agree that that is the proper route to take, I much prefer Gushue, Bottcher, Jacobs, and McEwan's approach. But time will tell.
My personal opinion is that KOE and CAREY make too many changes, which result in short term success.
For instance, Kennedy allegedly took time off for back surgery. If that in fact was the case, in year one they could have filled that position for that year only. Now Kennedy is thriving with Jacobs due to a couple of freak circumstances

Carey has been forced to make changes because players left. I can't think of any change that Carey has done because she fired a player outside of the end of an Olympic cycle since she left Manitoba.

03-17-20 01:53PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet

I thought it was well presented by Hebert and Carey. I may not agree that that is the proper route to take, I much prefer Gushue, Bottcher, Jacobs, and McEwan's approach.

Gushue invented this. He flew in Fry then Casey then Gallant and Walker. If he didn't he and Nichols would never have stepped up into the elite ranks, they would be like Jamie Koe going to the Brier every year and getting one upset win before finishing out of playoffs.

03-17-20 01:54PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Confirmed Wilkes to join Homan at second and they'll still be an Ontario team.

Last edited by UnattachedFC on 03-17-20 at 03:38PM

03-17-20 02:05PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Confirmed Wilkes to join Homan at second and they'll still be an Ontadio team.

That is good

03-17-20 02:18PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Gushue invented this. He flew in Fry then Casey then Gallant and Walker. If he didn't he and Nichols would never have stepped up into the elite ranks, they would be like Jamie Koe going to the Brier every year and getting one upset win before finishing out of playoffs.

Not really!!
Gallant went to university there.
Everyone of them were residents of NFLD up until Walker got married.
When Nichols came back home, Casey left
I know from first hand knowledge that Gushue insisted that they reside in NFLD.
Ever hear of Menchies? Check the management
And was it not our friend Stoughten that brought Nichols to Manitoba?
And Gushue was the first team to ever win a gold medal for Canada, albeit with help from Russ Howard.
You should check the brier records before you make ill informed statements like that.

03-17-20 02:21PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Gushue would not have gotten to the olympics without Russ Howard takeing over and directing the team.

03-17-20 02:37PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Gushue would not have gotten to the olympics without Russ Howard takeing over and directing the team.

I have absolutely no quarrel with that.
But talk to Russ Howard, who threw second stone about Bam Bam and Brad.
There is no doubt in his mind why they won the gold medal

03-17-20 02:40PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Official announcement:
https://twitter.com/TeamHoman/statu...973305798381570

quote:
We’re thrilled to announce the addition of Sarah Wilkes to Team Homan. The Toronto-born curler, 4-time Scottie’s participant and 2019 champion was part of our 2017 GSOC Champions Cup win. She is a terrific curler and we’re thrilled to have someone with her pedigree and drive join our team at second stones. Please help us welcome @sarahhwilkes back to the strong Ontario curling family!

03-17-20 03:10PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

Re: Carey
I agree that in her case players left her.
Now I am not throwing rocks at her, but I keep wondering why? She obviously has the skills. But look at the players that left.
Is she just unlucky that players find "greener pastures"?
I said previously that she has a "best before date" about her. Not sure why.
Amy Nixon alluded to a problem, maybe the problem was Amy, I don't know.
I thought that she was extremely warm and cuddly when she stated that she was happiest for her front end when she won the Scotties.
Now they have all left.
She is too good to not get another decent team.

03-17-20 03:13PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Ted Wyman interview with John Morris.
https://winnipegsun.com/curling/on-...orris-to-lineup

Summary: going in mid-cycle to commit 2 years instead of 4 is a convenience for John. Seconds in 5-rock FGZ era are becoming more backend-like, not just peeling machines anymore. John thinks his mixed doubles experience helped him develop those skills. Needs to do some homework on sweeping.