Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-26-21 12:57AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I felt real bad for Galusha. Last 2 ends, 10th and extra her team in front of her had 8 peel attempts on guards. They made 3 and had 5 nose hits or jams to leave 5 or more guards out front. Pretty hard to score or prevent steals when your team leaves a mess out front for you.

Trying not to be too negative but at this level if not 8/8 than at least 7/8 basic peels should be made.

Not just the last 2 ends. The whole game, both teams. It was like watching a Saturday afternoon league game. Wide open flashes several times. Neither team wanted to win, reminded me of the black Sox.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-21 09:21AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Also, I've said this before but the worst phrase in curling is "I don't hate that". NO, tell us what you like or prefer, you're the one throwing. Hurt feelings on shot calls will not win games. Much better to have the thrower playing the shot they think they can make, believe they can make, rather than appease the feelings of the skip. If you disagree, talk about it after the game, rather than give in to a shot you don't believe in.

Completely agree.

02-26-21 01:16PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I got caught up on this thread just as Championship round's first draw hits their practice ice.
I am pleased to see Peterson in this round. Yes, this is a rookie team at the Scotties, but I do not consider them to be a Rookie team. These are veterans out of a deep province.
I am enjoying Anderson's games. She gets the other teams a-kilter because she can adapt better than anyone there to Ice, Off target releases, Uncomfortable situations, Losses, and she has a pair of tigers at the front end.
I hope Einarson finishes in gold. I am pumped that 4 of 5 MB teams made it to round 2. I'd love to see St. Georges in the playoffs. And, we're off.
Also, That Curling Show (6:30 pm Youtube CBC Olympics Channel) is really good. (C.Jones and Heroux) Finally, it is interesting (and was new to me) that LSD determines tiebreakers where records are 50% or lower (eg. 4W-4L) - this is the same for the Brier. Tied w/l records over 50%, eg 5w-3L, have actual tiebreaker games.

Last edited by nelski on 02-26-21 at 01:38PM

02-26-21 01:46PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Scotties winner

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Very aggressive predictions and I should point out 3 out of your 4 predicted combatants are still alive in the proceedings.

Although Peterson will need to sweep her final 4 games to advance to the medal round.

Einarson and Homan were the odds-on favorites to repeat their 2020 STOH dance so the real question is "Who will serve as interlopers?"

You've got Peterson, I'll say Sensational Sherry Anderson or Hyper-Aggressive JJ. Both these teams can afford having another loss inflicted upon them - and still qualify!!

Peterson and Walker are at bottom right now but to their advantage they have already played Homan and Einarson. If one of them wins 3/4 (which won't be easy but it's doable) that gets them to 8-4 which I think should get you into a tiebreaker for 3rd place. There is a chance Jones goes 3-1 or better to finish at least 9-3 but I don't see Anderson or St-Georges doing it. I'm hoping all 3 go 2-2 and there's a logjam of 4 teams at 8-4.
Peterson plays Jones 1st game, that's pretty much a must win as is Walker-St-Georges.

Last edited by hogged again on 02-26-21 at 01:49PM

02-26-21 01:50PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

How can anyone not cheer for Anderson. The wiley veteran still has it. If not for the last shot brain fart vs PEI, they'd be 7-1.

02-26-21 01:54PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
How can anyone not cheer for Anderson. The wiley veteran still has it. If not for the last shot brain fart vs PEI, they'd be 7-1.

Totally agree, she has always been a class act and easy to cheer for. She's not making them all but outside of the 1st game she's making the important ones. I do miss the days when she used to run down the ice though.

02-26-21 02:15PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Anderson has definitely been a great story. She hasn't always made a lot of shots in games but she seems to always make the big ones . Can they make final 3?. I dont see why not.

02-26-21 05:45PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Shocker! Homan, Einarson and Jones in driver's seats for playoffs. Some costly amateur misses this aft probably put a couple teams out. Peterson had little tap for a pile and if she is a bit light would've still got 2 or 3 but it was missed heavy and wide right out of her hand. Carey had draw with her 2nd last and again it was heavy and wide right from the get go. Jones beats Walker tonight and that almost locks in the top 3.

02-26-21 06:04PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

So Gerry and CZ cant be bothered to post scores? At least curling canada had a decent IT team.

02-26-21 06:35PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

When 'Hogged again' opened this thread asking for predictions for a winner, I thought what's not to like?

If I'm wrong, nobody but nobody is going to remember 2 hours after the winner is declared. On the other hand, if I guess correctly I'll have 'bragging rights' at least until the next event.

Of all the CurlingZone members I'm surprised only four responded stating a clear winner:

Hogged again 02/17: Brown

IN-OFF-FOR-2* 02/17 : Homan

Neiski 02/19 : Zacharias

Deliverer 02/21 : Carey

* IN OFF's crystal ball is much clearer than most; the winning score is also included!

02-26-21 06:58PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
When 'Hogged again' opened this thread asking for predictions for a winner, I thought what's not to like?

If I'm wrong, nobody but nobody is going to remember 2 hours after the winner is declared. On the other hand, if I guess correctly I'll have 'bragging rights' at least until the next event.

Of all the CurlingZone members I'm surprised only four responded stating a clear winner:

Hogged again 02/17: Brown

IN-OFF-FOR-2* 02/17 : Homan

Neiski 02/19 : Zacharias

Deliverer 02/21 : Carey

* IN OFF's crystal ball is much clearer than most; the winning score is also included!

Misprint. I'm pretty sure I meant the team WEARING brown. Yah, that's the ticket.

02-26-21 07:45PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Misprint. I'm pretty sure I meant the team WEARING brown. Yah, that's the ticket.

Excellent try at recovery.

02-26-21 09:57PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

A new twist. Team Hollander.

Hollanderback girls!

02-26-21 11:18PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Vic was way too polite saying Jones was struggling. She was Joe Namath strug-a-ling. Good game Walker

02-26-21 11:38PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jones was fortunate that horrible Manitoba Legend wasn't calling her last 2 games!

Indeed. Make the Score. . . ! ! !

Wild in Winnipeg . . . ! ! !

I know it's not just me but there are Jones lovers and haters. I've warmed up over the years but I do still enjoy when she loses....unless she's Team Canada, I'm all in. Seems like she always knows where the cameras are, especially on her rocks, the extra rub of the rock and reset.....Same when she's not the televised game. So instead of watch me watch me, it's hear me hear me. Not sure who posted earlier this team will disperse after this Olympic run, might have even been ML, but I agree.

Quickly followed by either sorry Kaitlyn, or my fault.

02-27-21 12:08AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

A perfect night. Jones loses, Carey loses, Homan wins and Einarson wins. Great game by Peterson. These rookies are spreading fear. Good on them. Of course I want the Homan team to win gold. It wouldn't bother me too much if Einarson wins the gold.

02-27-21 02:59AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

This ‘Scotties’ has been a treat. For something which wasn’t even supposed to happen, it’s been great fun to watch.
Seeing Galusha almost make it through to the final weekend was really nice. Pulling for the older teams (with some youth mixed in) of NWT, Nunavut, Yukon, and Saskatchewan... Seeing new teams we haven’t seen before has been wonderful - the youngsters have been a special treat - Team Zacharias, and anyone who doesn’t enjoy watching the dynamic Quebec team simply doesn’t love curling.

Given the virus situation, I didn't think they should - or would - play the 'Scotties'. But I'm glad they did, as it's been quite enjoyable - and we needed to see some live curling this winter.
I'm also happy, of course, that the health of everyone involved has been good.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-27-21 10:08AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
This ‘Scotties’ has been a treat. For something which wasn’t even supposed to happen, it’s been great fun to watch.
Seeing Galusha almost make it through to the final weekend was really nice. Pulling for the older teams (with some youth mixed in) of NWT, Nunavut, Yukon, and Saskatchewan... Seeing new teams we haven’t seen before has been wonderful - the youngsters have been a special treat - Team Zacharias, and anyone who doesn’t enjoy watching the dynamic Quebec team simply doesn’t love curling.

Given the virus situation, I didn't think they should - or would - play the 'Scotties'. But I'm glad they did, as it's been quite enjoyable - and we needed to see some live curling this winter.
I'm also happy, of course, that the health of everyone involved has been good.

Wonderful sentiments. I agree totally.

02-27-21 12:38PM
4KingAndCountry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4KingAndCountry Click here to Send 4KingAndCountry a Private Message Find more posts by 4KingAndCountry Add 4KingAndCountry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4KingAndCountry
Harvey Hacksmasher

Anderson still out today?

02-27-21 01:13PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Great to see all the young teams coming up. I wonder if after the Olympic trials if Jones will retire or take a break? Always a tinge of sadness watching an athlete in the twilight of their career

02-27-21 02:06PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Walker now has the inside track for the last spot with games vs SK and Carey while JJ plays the top 2. I think there will be a tiebreaker with 2 or 3 teams at 4 losses.
Can't undervalue what Homan did yesterday. Tough grind it out wins over Carey and St-Georges, scoring 2 to tie then stealing both games. Courtney just willed that last rock into the 4 ft. May have a bit of a letdown today after such a long day.
Like all I'm super impressed with Quebec. Thought they might hit the wall like a lot of teams that come out of nowhere and start the Scotties well but even though they lost both yesterday they battled right to the end. I don't think this is a Birt/Crawford/France-Larouche team where they get a free pass to the Scotties every year and contend for the playoffs every 3rd year, they look like the real deal.

02-27-21 02:07PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Why is it that Burgess never holds the broom for 'MacZ' ?

Is it because she is not particularly good at judging line, rock speed or angles and consequently is a poor judge of when and when not to call for sweeping , not unlike U-Know-Who?

02-27-21 02:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Walker now has the inside track for the last spot with games vs SK and Carey while JJ plays the top 2. I think there will be a tiebreaker with 2 or 3 teams at 4 losses.
Can't undervalue what Homan did yesterday. Tough grind it out wins over Carey and St-Georges, scoring 2 to tie then stealing both games. Courtney just willed that last rock into the 4 ft. May have a bit of a letdown today after such a long day.
Like all I'm super impressed with Quebec. Thought they might hit the wall like a lot of teams that come out of nowhere and start the Scotties well but even though they lost both yesterday they battled right to the end. I don't think this is a Birt/Crawford/France-Larouche team where they get a free pass to the Scotties every year and contend for the playoffs every 3rd year, they look like the real deal.

Larouche didnt exactly have a free pass out of quebec. that not fair. she has only around 6 appearances as skip. thats hardly what i'd call a free pass and for a long time she had solid oppisition in quebec in eve belisle

if anything st.georges is in that position of having a bye to the scotties every year. i mean..who is there in quebec after them?. you've seen how quebec has performed when larouche wasnt there. honestly they should be able to dominate quebec for years unless someone comes from nowhere there to challenge her. with larouche and belisle gone there's no one

02-27-21 02:24PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Larouche didnt exactly have a free pass out of quebec. that not fair. she has only around 6 appearances as skip. thats hardly what i'd call a free pass and for a long time she had solid oppisition in quebec in eve belisle

You are right it was be unfair to throw her in with Birt and Crawford (and make no mistake I think Birt and Crawford are both tremendous curlers enjoying excellent careers ). Not that it was very tough to get out of Que, Belisle was OK, not great but because France-Larouche actually contended when she made the Scotties. Lost a final, made the 3-4 game a bunch.

02-27-21 02:51PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Manitoba Legend,

I don’t suppose you’d reconsider your choice of referring to these women by your demeaning misogynistic nicknames?