Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-23-21 01:22PM
dmatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmatch Find more posts by dmatch Add dmatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

European Championships leaves Youtube

World Curling Federation is trialing a partnership with Recast.app to show the 2021 European Championships as they describe here: https://worldcurling.org/2021/11/recast-partnership/

Just my 2 cents worth but this doesn't nearly live up to the quality of their Youtube channels in my opinion. There are almost no controls for video other than pause/play and clicking the timeline. Video quality appears to NOT be HD.

Also, you must pay for "casts" or watch adverts to earn casts to watch videos. They limit the number of casts you can earn, probably in hopes that you will buy them. Not fond of this at all. Once you start a video you can't leave and come back without purchasing it again. Twice already I have tried to start a video and watched the spinning circle as it failed to load but was charged for them anyway. Promised a refund of 100 casts "just now" but have yet to receive them.

A big step backward in my opinion.

Just venting in hopes that the powers that be stumble on this opinion.

Edit: An hour later than "just now" I did receive the 100 cast credits.

Last edited by dmatch on 11-23-21 at 01:34PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-23-21 05:16PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

TSN is airing some of the games online if you're in Canada or have access. But I agree Recast can't match the Youtube service in any way–especially given they're charging.

11-23-21 10:40PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

This is the first year I won’t watch any of the Euros. I’m not going to support “microtransactions” for curling games, especially from an organization that makes a boatload of money ($5.4M per year) from the Olympics.

Last edited by southerncurler on 11-23-21 at 11:53PM

11-24-21 01:36AM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

I get that WCF wants to better monetize their content. Tricky part is trying to do so without disturbing the countries that have paid for curling TV rights. It will be interesting to see how many will pay for micro-subcriptions. Strange that they would do this in an Olympic year.

11-24-21 04:30AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

You don’t actually have to pay cash for these, though. You can also earn their credits by “watching” a lot of ads. I earned enough to cover this entire event by simply letting them play on my iPad with the sound turned down and paying them no attention while I was really watching a Canada trials match on my TV!

11-24-21 08:39AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

The Sweden/German game is live on TSN's website right now.

These are accessible through the ad model, I agree, but not for the casual viewer. And World Curling is obsessed with growing the sport (they claim) so these hoops are totally counter-productive.

11-24-21 09:48PM
dmatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmatch Find more posts by dmatch Add dmatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
You don’t actually have to pay cash for these, though. You can also earn their credits by “watching” a lot of ads. I earned enough to cover this entire event by simply letting them play on my iPad with the sound turned down and paying them no attention while I was really watching a Canada trials match on my TV!
At first they offer lots of "Watch and Earn" casts but after about 200 or so the number of them drops to a trickle at only 10 casts apiece. Seems kind of bait and switch to me. The bait being the "watch and Earn" casts but hoping you'll switch to buy them.

Each game takes 50 casts so including the 100 casts to sign up you could watch 6 games I suppose.

At least it's just a trial period for this tournament. Maybe they will see the folly of their ways. Here's hoping!

Last edited by dmatch on 11-24-21 at 09:54PM

11-24-21 09:53PM
dmatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
TSN is airing some of the games online if you're in Canada or have access. But I agree Recast can't match the Youtube service in any way–especially given they're charging.
Olympics.com in US has a select few if you can find them on their website. Had to search for European Curling. Don't know if they will show the finals for free though. I wouldn't trust NBC for that.

08-03-22 11:52PM
candymika is offline Click Here to See the Profile for candymika Find more posts by candymika Add candymika to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
candymika
Knee-Slider

wordle answer today

I wanted to let you know that I recently discovered your website and find it to be very fascinating and instructive wordle answer today. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blogs.

02-20-23 03:41AM
fnaf12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fnaf12 Find more posts by fnaf12 Add fnaf12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fnaf12
Knee-Slider

A large gaming community is praising a really alluring game when you're looking for a nice one to play. Please visit the page fnaf security breach for moments of fun entertainment!

08-04-23 02:54PM
Lime82930 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lime82930 Find more posts by Lime82930 Add Lime82930 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lime82930
Harvey Hacksmasher

Ensure that the enclosure is rated to handle rain, snow, dust, and UV rays, so your TV remains safe and functional in all weather conditions. best 82 inch tv

10-09-23 04:48AM
NadiaEira is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NadiaEira Find more posts by NadiaEira Add NadiaEira to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NadiaEira
Knee-Slider

Thank you for this great contribution, I find it very interesting and well thought out and put together. I hope to read skibidi toilet game your work in the future

01-16-24 03:55AM
Jessicavi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessicavi Find more posts by Jessicavi Add Jessicavi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessicavi
Harvey Hacksmasher

Retro games

The writing in this essay is superb. Your mental process is extremely ordered, which makes your discoveries fairly comprehensible retro games.