Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 21 -- Thu, Apr 25 -- 7:00am ET
CAN (Flemming) 11  Final
DEN (Qvist) (6)
PHI (Ochoco) Final
FIN (Kirjonen) 11  (8)
NOR (Davanger) 10  Final
CRO (Skendrovic) (6)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-18-21 06:04PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Olympic Trials

great article by a basketball stats guru.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...rials-1.6254415

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-18-21 06:37PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Moskowy replaced by Colton Lott on Dunstone. Hope everything is well with Braeden.

11-19-21 11:39AM
FleuryFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FleuryFan Find more posts by FleuryFan Add FleuryFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FleuryFan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jerseys

Here’s the jersey colors for this years trials:

Men’s:

Bottcher – Blue
Dunstone – Forest Green
Epping – White
Gunnlaugson – Yellow
Gushue – Orange
Horgan – Toothpaste
Jacobs – Black
Koe – Gray
McEwen – Navy

Women’s:

Einarson – Black
Fleury – Navy
Harrison – Yellow
Homan – Gray
Jones – White
McCarville – Blue
Rocque – Purple
Scheidegger – Toothpaste
Walker – Forest Green

Only ones that aren’t consistent are Gushue wearing Orange in the men’s and Rocque wearing Purple in the women’s…

11-19-21 01:38PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Moskowy replaced by Colton Lott on Dunstone. Hope everything is well with Braeden.

Hope so. Always wonder what's going on when something like this happens.

11-20-21 01:08PM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

3 pm game

TSN website says this game today is on TSN4 at 3pm. When I go to my Bell guide it shows an MLS game on that channel. Anyone else having the same issue? I have set to record on TSN4 anyway win hopes they will be showing the game.

11-20-21 01:34PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Re: 3 pm game

quote:
Originally posted by Curlwalker
TSN website says this game today is on TSN4 at 3pm. When I go to my Bell guide it shows an MLS game on that channel. Anyone else having the same issue? I have set to record on TSN4 anyway win hopes they will be showing the game.

I have done the same and I am with Shaw.

11-20-21 05:02PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

It’s on TSN4…lazy labelling by someone

11-21-21 06:07PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

These teams have waited 4-8 years for a chance in this tournament. It is really disappointing that skill is going to take a back seat to ice conditions to decide a winner.

11-21-21 06:13PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
These teams have waited 4-8 years for a chance in this tournament. It is really disappointing that skill is going to take a back seat to ice conditions to decide a winner.

Agreed.

11-21-21 11:19PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

The quality of women's curling so far this week is...not encouraging. The biggest winners so far are Alina Patz and Anna Hasselborg.

11-21-21 11:35PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
The quality of women's curling so far this week is...not encouraging. The biggest winners so far are Alina Patz and Anna Hasselborg.

Yes this level of curling is not going to lead to any Olympic medals, though does lead to viewing excitement.

I will say I was impressed with the Jones team demeanour. Kaitlyn and Jenn seem incredibly focused. The advantage they have over every other team, even if this isn’t the best we’ve ever seen this team, is that they already have the Olympic gold. The pressure every other team feels has to be exponentially more and in this event where there seems to be a lot of missed shots, that could make the difference.

11-22-21 10:48AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

I watch coverage on my phone, computer, iPad, TV and have no issue with split screen. MORE OF IT PLEASE.

Issue is solution to "boring" curling has already be found: Around the Rings on Sportsnet. But people don't universally like it and TSN's events don't usually have simultaneous playoffs so TSN hasn't gone there. Even Sportsnet doesn't do it for pre-playoff draws (a pity, it's fun!). Meanwhile World Curling is spending days, weeks, months debating number of ends, ticking, etc. etc. etc.

11-22-21 11:52AM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I know in America we're lucky to get any coverage at all - so I'm loathe to complain or even offer suggestions...

But for the past ten years as we've all gotten widescreen TVs - I've found myself wondering how quickly I could get used to watching curling horizontally. I mean we'd get the house and get damn close to the hogline without having to zoom out as far. I mean 16x9 is almost twice as wide as tall, so we'd basically get double the viewing area without the camera needing to pan.

It'd be weird at first but in two years I bet we'd wonder why we ever used the other way on HDTVs.

11-22-21 12:16PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
I know in America we're lucky to get any coverage at all - so I'm loathe to complain or even offer suggestions...

But for the past ten years as we've all gotten widescreen TVs - I've found myself wondering how quickly I could get used to watching curling horizontally. I mean we'd get the house and get damn close to the hogline without having to zoom out as far. I mean 16x9 is almost twice as wide as tall, so we'd basically get double the viewing area without the camera needing to pan.

It'd be weird at first but in two years I bet we'd wonder why we ever used the other way on HDTVs.

There's no reason we couldn't; curlers themselves spend a lot of time watching from the "side" after all. But it does negate the beautiful advantage of the rocks feeling like they're "Falling" down the screen which makes a lot of innate visual sense to humans. There's a reason why we all love a good spin-up shot even though mechanically it's the exact same as any other hit and roll. It looks like you're defying gravity.

There are other steps that can be taken before, though. More split screen within a game would be a huge help. Pull the camera back so we can see the whole play area (if there are guards) on the left and show the players on the right. World Curling (which is worse at all aspects of TV coverage) has tried more creative angles but they're always "action" focused and obscure what is happening. My "favourite" is the close-up of the bushing as the rock passes the second hog. Very exciting visuals that completely obscure what is happening because all you can see is the rock and two brush heads. How they keep using that is beyond me. The SportsNet and TSN crews know better. On the positive side there was that really great long-shot behind the thrower where you could see their view as they threw we saw a lot during COVID and I hope will return.

11-25-21 05:18PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

are the same people who complained about Benny's complaining clutching their pearls over Jacobd dropping an f bomb?

11-25-21 05:49PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
are the same people who complained about Benny's complaining clutching their pearls over Jacobd dropping an f bomb?

Has there been a Brier in the last 10 years without an f bomb? My favorite is still Marc Nichols' when they won the 2005 trial which constantly gets shown in clips and no one seems to acknowledge it's there.

11-25-21 06:37PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

I said I bet Jacobs wife sends email to say clean it up, kids watching!!!

11-25-21 08:11PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I don’t think f bombs are a big ****ing deal. Maybe 20 years ago it was, but you can turn the tv on at anytime of the day and hear ****. It’s everyday language for both ****in sexes now. Or, should I say all the ****in sexes?? So, no big ****in deal.

11-25-21 08:13PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I don’t think f bombs are a big ****ing deal. Maybe 20 years ago it was, but you can turn the tv on at anytime of the day and hear ****. It’s everyday language for both ****in sexes now. Or, should I say all the ****in sexes?? So, no big ****in deal.

******* nailed it!

11-25-21 08:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

99% on here reading this have used the f-bomb in public or perceived private. In this case they switched for the highlight and Jacobs as the non televised game let it fly. We all do. Why not have the 7 second delay and mute it. Even better 99% of updates are after the fact. Mute it. Either way I’m fine with it.
Kids watching are already of an age they’ve heard it both at home and school.
Get over it.
Having said that, using it as excitement for a good shot or angst for a bad shot is ok. Using it against ice or rocks or players, not so much. Just me.

11-25-21 08:30PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

I remember when Chelsea Carey won the Scotties for AB and one of the front end said, “ we won the effing Scotties.” Love that.

It’s a sheet of curling ice, not the library.

11-25-21 08:36PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Did any of you Canadians watch the Kyle Rittenhouse trial?

There were so many f-bombs and n-words in that highly public trial.

Here's an example where the prosecutor uses a series of f-bombs while directly talking to the judge:
https://youtu.be/dH7Sch5mXfw?t=4h34m44s

Last edited by curlingclips on 11-25-21 at 08:38PM

11-25-21 09:08PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
I remember when Chelsea Carey won the Scotties for AB and one of the front end said, “ we won the effing Scotties.” Love that.

It’s a sheet of curling ice, not the library.

It was Rachelle Brown. And she said “ we just won the ****ing scotties”!!!!!! Not one complaint.

I remember about 10-15 years ago. Canadian junior women’s final. Tie game, 10 th end. Red light flashes for hog line violation. Young girl says “****”!!. Not a word was said about it. Perfect. There is emotion in the game.

11-25-21 09:25PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by curlingclips
Did any of you Canadians watch the Kyle Rittenhouse trial?

There were so many f-bombs and n-words in that highly public trial.

Here's an example where the prosecutor uses a series of f-bombs while directly talking to the judge:
https://youtu.be/dH7Sch5mXfw?t=4h34m44s
[/QUOT
Oh curling lips.... F off. This is curling talk. Not BS sh&t talk.
Stir it up? Why? Are you looking for followers? We could care less about US bs.

Killer. Nuff said. The end.

Oh

11-26-21 03:11PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Interesting game. If Rocque (Alberta) wins it keeps 2 other Alberta teams chances alive. If Einarson (Manitoba) wins, it’s an all Manitoba playoff.