Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

World Curling Report

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Covid - 19

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-13-20 04:10PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
For the WWCC, lots of money wasted on travel and hotels by teams and curling federations that are already operating on a limited budget.
Hopefully, there will be some compensation... but there isn't a lot of money in curling to give financial compensation.

Not a good situation.

Compensation from where/whom. Surely you are not suggesting govts/taxpayers step up and compensate teams/federations. Let the WCF and CC dig themselves out of there financial mess.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-13-20 04:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Honestly, at this point the WCF 8s wasting e everyone's time and delaying the inevitable. Announce tje cancelation of the mens, mixed doubles and seniors

03-13-20 04:45PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

I would think that the flights have been booked

Can generally cancelrooms up to 24 hrs in advance - bookers and hotel likely aware of the emergency

Not a line up for rooms

Teams prob hoping airlines cancel the flights or announce an exchange forfuture credit

03-13-20 06:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im sure everyone is hoping for the best but things arent going to be okay or good enough in 3 weeks to hold the event.

this is like the indian wells/miami situation in tennis. indian wells was cancelled and miami was trying to be optimistic but not even a week later the cancellation became official.

i just dont know how they can even consider holding the evnt. dont put these teams through that. tell them now

03-14-20 10:02AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

Most of my prediction is right, especially the part about my retirement accounts.

Everybody's retirement plan suffered a painful meltdown over the last 10 days or so. However, as in 1987, 2002 and 2008, the financial markets will recover in due course and go on to new heights.

The critical thing to keep in mind during these "periods of turmoil" is to stay the course Unless you are within 3 - 5 years of retirement.

03-14-20 10:25AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Gushue can now stay home & watch his daughters dance recitals. World Men’s is cancelled.

03-14-20 10:38AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

I was loud yesterday as I talked to a friend at the checkout of our Local Coop, jammed with hoarders of all ages, colours and sizes.
"Look at all the toilet paper. DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THE VIRUS IS GOING TO FLY OUT OF THEIR ASSES?"
Honestly, I just don't care anymore.
Human beings are morons.

03-14-20 10:47AM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Harvey Hacksmasher

First curling club in Ottawa closes

Don't know about other cities but here in Ottawa the City of Ottawa bonspiel has been cancelled and the RCMP curling club closed. Anything similar happening elsewhere?

03-14-20 12:21PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The Dartmouth Curling Club has closed for the season due to the virus.

03-14-20 12:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: First curling club in Ottawa closes

quote:
Originally posted by Curlwalker
Don't know about other cities but here in Ottawa the City of Ottawa bonspiel has been cancelled and the RCMP curling club closed. Anything similar happening elsewhere?

Yes majority of curling clubs in Toronto area have closed for the season or temporarily

03-14-20 12:58PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

I have bought lots of tp lately

I have bldgs with public washrooms and customers of tenants are taking it

Hey dino - what shud i do ?

03-14-20 01:38PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
I have bought lots of tp lately

I have bldgs with public washrooms and customers of tenants are taking it

Hey dino - what shud i do ?

Fire hose the bastards.
Then call your lawyer.
Plead insanity.

03-14-20 02:29PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Fire hose the bastards.
Then call your lawyer.
Plead insanity.

Call the military!

03-14-20 08:19PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

Call the military!

Hire Chuck Norris.
Or the Mafia, if they existed.