Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 12 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-19-22 06:57PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Women's Worlds

Nice start for Canada. Go Kerri, go!

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 03-19-22 at 07:33PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-19-22 07:14PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Felt bad for Italy. Not their best game and Canada sure didn’t miss many. I think Italy will win a few at least.

03-19-22 07:21PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Where is Cheryl again?

03-19-22 07:33PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Felt bad for Italy. Not their best game and Canada sure didn’t miss many. I think Italy will win a few at least.

Should at least beat the Czech Republic, who have absolutely no business being here.

03-19-22 07:35PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

impressed with Team Turkey, they hung in there.

03-19-22 07:59PM
FleuryFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FleuryFan Find more posts by FleuryFan Add FleuryFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FleuryFan
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
impressed with Team Turkey, they hung in there.

I think Turkey have a realistic chance of making the top 6. Played pretty good against Hasselborg and made a cross house double for 2…

03-19-22 08:10PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

DSC (in progress):

https://curlit.com/WWCC/aspnet/DSC.aspx?EventID=1

03-19-22 09:22PM
FleuryFan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FleuryFan Find more posts by FleuryFan Add FleuryFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FleuryFan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Picks for tonight anyone? I’m going:

GER def. DEN
CAN def. NOR
SUI def. SCO
TUR def. JPN

03-19-22 09:38PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

People shouldn't be writing off Japan just because it's not Team Fujisawa, as it's still mostly the same team that finished fourth in 2019.

03-19-22 10:21PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

Watching Japan vs Turkey, and I'm already confused by the no-tick rule.

AFAIK, the rule is:

"A stone in the no-tick zone while the free guard rule is in effect can be touched by an opponent's stone as long as it remains touching the centre line in the free guard zone when it stops."

Japan threw one into the house first, then Turkey's rock ended up on the center line just in front of the house. Japan and Turkey's next throws went into the house. On the fifth rock, Japan chipped that center guard so that it remained on the center line, but went into the house. Play continued as normal.

Since the house is not part of the free guard zone, shouldn't Japan's stone had been removed and the Turkish stone moved back to its original position?

Last edited by hailstone on 03-19-22 at 10:23PM

03-19-22 10:33PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

I hadn't watched the video yet, so I could be wrong, but based on the official WCF shot-by-shot diagram, both TUR's stones are biting the rings when JPN threw their 5th shot in the first end.

https://worldcurling.org/events/wwc...=1156&game=5019

So there's discrepancy between WCF official report and your text description. I don't know who is correct.

03-19-22 10:43PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
I hadn't watched the video yet, so I could be wrong, but based on the official WCF shot-by-shot diagram, both TUR's stones are biting the rings when JPN threw their 5th shot in the first end.

https://worldcurling.org/events/wwc...=1156&game=5019

So there's discrepancy between WCF official report and your text description. I don't know who is correct.

Absolutely not the case. You could clearly see the white between the Turkish stone and the blue ring.

It’s already bush league to introduce a major rule change at the biggest international event that you run, so I could totally see WCF just nudging the stone into the house in the report so they don't have to deal with it.

03-19-22 10:50PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hailstone

Absolutely not the case.

It's hard to argue without knowing all the facts. I'll have to wait a few hours when the replay is up on Recast before commenting further.

03-19-22 10:52PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Screenshot?

03-19-22 10:57PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hailstone

Absolutely not the case. You could clearly see the white between the Turkish stone and the blue ring.

It’s already bush league to introduce a major rule change at the biggest international event that you run, so I could totally see WCF just nudging the stone into the house in the report so they don't have to deal with it.

Agree. Bush league. My mom used to say a change is as good as a rest. Not in this instance. They’re trying to bring the teams with the best ability to hold a lead and keep hammer, back to those that can’t. For what? Doesn’t make the game better. Doesn’t make the game better for anyone. Oh except those trying to keep their jobs at wcf.

03-19-22 11:00PM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler
Screenshot?

Can't access my recording for awhile. I'll try and have something in a few hours if nothing comes along to show before then.

03-19-22 11:03PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

I really don’t mind introducing a change such as this at the first worlds of an Olympic cycle. Some member countries already believe this is a second tier event…why not

I love that hailstone believes there’s some massive conspiracy between the WCF and the volunteer running the curlit positions. LOL

03-19-22 11:05PM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Really damn nice double from Kerri

03-19-22 11:09PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
some massive conspiracy between the WCF and the volunteer

For what it's worth, most officials are Canadians. They don't name the observers and the statisticians, but chances are they're also Canadians.

https://world-curling-federation.s3...20Officials.pdf

03-19-22 11:13PM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Of course they’re Canadians. What’s your point?

03-19-22 11:15PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Agree. Bush league. My mom used to say a change is as good as a rest. Not in this instance. They’re trying to bring the teams with the best ability to hold a lead and keep hammer, back to those that can’t. For what? Doesn’t make the game better. Doesn’t make the game better for anyone. Oh except those trying to keep their jobs at wcf.

The no-tick rule is idiotic.

03-19-22 11:22PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

The skip for Turkey has the hot hand at this point, shooting lights out curling. Routine runbacks for her.....like Rachel Homan routine.

03-19-22 11:22PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Of course they’re Canadians. What’s your point?

Canada is #13 in latest report of Corruption Perception Index. Turkey is #96.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corru...rceptions_Index

I think most people would agree that it'd be a lot easier for WCF to pull off a massive conspiracy if they use Turkish officials as opposed to Canadians.

03-19-22 11:24PM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

OMG…I just can’t with you

03-19-22 11:25PM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Can someone post the actual “no tick” rule? I can’t find it on worldcurling.org?