Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Scotties in Moose Jaw

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-16-20 10:20PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

incredible shot by suzanne birt there to hold rachel to one

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-16-20 10:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

BC squandered that game with a capital S! Hopefully lesson learned

02-16-20 10:23PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Great to see the EE. This would be an important win. Just wondering, did BC run out of time? The Curling Canada site marked and X instead of a zero for the final end, indicating Brown hadn't thrown her final stone. Nice comeback by WC. BC is in tough now.

EDIT: Glad to see Birt defeat ON. Now, they must stay steady against the less ominous teams to reach the Championship pool.

Last edited by nelski on 02-16-20 at 10:38PM

02-16-20 10:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Great to see the EE. This would be an important win. Just wondering, did BC run out of time? The Curling Canada site marked and X instead of a zero for the final end, indicating Brown hadn't thrown her final stone. Nice comeback by WC. BC is in tough now.

nope. corynn drew around to sit 2nd and jen followed her for the win

BC should lose to ontario tomorrow but every other game in their group is very winnable so at worst, in theory they'll be 5-2

they should still be able to make championship pool with 2 losses if they win the games they were supposed to

newfoundland and yukon they should win. the danger team for them aside from ontario is Nova scotia but i'd like their chances still

Last edited by misty1 on 02-16-20 at 10:35PM

02-16-20 10:40PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jen's game tonite brought to you by the English website:

SLOPPERS

After the years I have been on this site, I don't know why I would expect anything decent from you, but really.....

Didn't have time to write an essay, so that is what you come up with?

Time to grow up.

02-16-20 10:53PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I don’t know if Jones is the one I want throwing 20 stones, but if I need one single throw, there’s still a bunch of magic tricks to pull out of that hat that others just can’t match.

I wish they showed all of PEI - Ontario. They made it sound like that was amazing high level stuff.

02-16-20 11:15PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

My deep felt sympathy to ML. It is truly sad when Jones wins and Homan loses, to a fawn at that.

02-17-20 12:16AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
im really getting sick of russ and his tongue bathing of top teams. he always criticizes the lower ranked and more unknown teams for misses and questions strategy but if a top team like jen misses its always"well they missed but they missed the right way so its okay".

He will pick on the lesser known teas but holds some of the top teams on a pedestal. He's weirdly critical of Koe (you would think the guy farted in the same elevator he was in and didn't apologize or some such), went on about communication issues in the last Brier but overlooked communications with Gushue's team in the Koe v Gushue round robin game. He has his favorites.

02-17-20 12:42AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Koe made an incredible pressure draw to the button against a Glenn to win his first Brier, I think in 2010? Could be wrong about the year. Glenn told the press after the game that it wasn’t fair. 🤪

I think Russ is a knowledgeable commentator but struggles with hiding bias when family is involved. It will be interesting if Glenn gets past McEwen.

02-17-20 04:05AM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

From the fun fact file on a slow night shift.

The winner of the Scotties gets a spot in the Olympic Trials unless it's Homan who already has a spot. As I understand it if she wins the spot does not go to the runner up but instead goes to the points leader at the end of the cashspiel season.

So Fleury, who didn't even make the Scotties could end up with the spot reserved for the Scotties.

This fun fact brought to you by the herbicide that fights clubroot and pod shatter and the good people who build chairs that glide up and down stairs as apparently farmers and geezers like me are the main viewing audience for curling.

02-17-20 08:32AM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

This fun fact brought to you by the herbicide that fights clubroot and pod shatter and the good people who build chairs that glide up and down stairs as apparently farmers and geezers like me are the main viewing audience for curling.

Re -Acorn Stair Lift
Sorry to get off curling, but that is what I do..
I am not sure what version of the spot they are running. I actually haven't seen the ad on a broadcast yet. (Snack Run.)
I have been a fan of the cheesyness of the Southern USA version of the ad for years.

Elderly Scarlet O'hara says,"Ah don't haf to wurry about him climbin.those stayhurs agin."
Elderly Rhett adds "and our Acorn stayer lift was veruh affordable."

I have had a huge guffaw over the fact that they remade the commercial with northern USA, or Canadian actors.
AND THE EXACT SAME SCRIPT AS THE OLD AD.

And now the compulsory curling content.
Without getting deeply into rankings and points that seems to drive all conversation on this site anymore I will make this observation.
It was nice to see Birt take down Homan last night.
A testament to the fact that points are just numbers and they mean sweet FA if your opponent has your number on that given night.

Thanks.

02-17-20 08:57AM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

Who will they face?

So far it looks like the world championships will be a little different this year...If I am reading this right...
Hasselborg will be back but...
Stern replaces Tirinzoni
Muirhead replaces Jackson
Fujisawa replaces Nakajima
Peterson replaces Sinclair
Kubeskova from Czech republic wasn't there last year.
Jentsch returns from Germany
Un-chi Gim from South Korea is new
Kovaleva returns
Italy will be a new team don't know about Denmark and China.

Does this make the field stronger or weaker? I think it reflects the fact that many countries are not just a single strong team any more.

02-17-20 09:30AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

I think the criticism of Russ as an analyst is a little unfair. I find that he is generally right on top of the strategy and doesn't miss much. Yes, he could be more critical of mistakes, but you can tell by TSN's saccharine broadcast overall that they don't want him to be anything short of pleasant. I also find Russ' voice timbre much nicer to listen to than any of the other analysts out there.

02-17-20 10:01AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Hmm. tossing up another three, like they're gifts for the giving. CDA may be carrying their 2019 worlds albatross around, still - thought they did okay in a few slams. Wonder what the problem is. Not tough, or ragged strategy. Shrugs.

02-17-20 11:05AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Was Jennifer Jones able to sign Jill Officer up as her 5th player after Officer's hopes died in the play-in game?

Is there an actual list of 5th players on the websites?

Alternates are listed on the official Scotties site.

Manitoba alternate -
Jennifer Clark-Rouire

Jones does not list an alternate.

02-17-20 11:13AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
As I understand it if [Homan who already has a spot from 2019 Canada Cup] wins, the [2020 Scotties] spot [...] goes to the points leader at the end of the cashspiel season.

So Fleury, who didn't even make the Scotties could end up with the spot reserved for the Scotties.

From what I understand, the CTRS spots aren't filled in until all the other spots are filled in. In other words, no I don't think it's filled in at the end of the cashpiele season. I believe it's filled in at the end of the Olympics trials cycle instead.

So if Homan wins, no one gets that spot this season. Instead they'll just add one more CTRS spot to the ones they already have, to let the next lower ranked team in.

In other words, there are already spots reserved to CTRS teams. If a championship spot goes unclaimed at the end of the cycle, they'll just add more CTRS teams in down the ranking.

So under no short-term circumstance will Fleury be guaranteed a spot just because Homan wins 2020 Scotties.

Last edited by curlingclips on 02-17-20 at 11:29AM

02-17-20 11:35AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

This MB vs. NO game is really good! The quality of play is higher than in yesterday's SK vs. CA game. McCarville is tremendous, and the MB front end is very strong. Still not sold on Sweeting, and I feel like her inevitable big mistakes will cost MB a title this year in a fairly wide open field.

Team Canada finding trouble in nearly every end against a very inexperienced Quebec team is a horrible sign for their hopes. Carey has missed some average bailout shots this week by wide margins.

02-17-20 12:27PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

What a game. Gutsy steady mean. Einarson gets the winning deuce. The percentages were not high, it went to the wire. Now, will CDA win a weak game? Kinda hoping QUE steals the win.

02-17-20 12:46PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Einarson has one stone left and ESPN3 cuts the broadcast. It was 11:34 central. WTF.

02-17-20 12:46PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

When Chelsey wins by one I always feel its a lucky win. However, when Homan wins by one I always feel its a strategic win. IMHO

02-17-20 01:32PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
Einarson has one stone left and ESPN3 cuts the broadcast. It was 11:34 central. WTF.
Didn't cut out here in Ohio.

Someone here also mentioned the Sweeting flash in 7. Might not have mattered, depending on speed, but they seemed to brush the hell out of it early. I wondered if they might have clipped it and changed what we all thought of that shot with a better line call.

02-17-20 02:25PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

I am on Sling, it went to the the picture of the yellow stone and there was no triangele "start" button to restart it.

02-17-20 02:28PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

From what I understand, the CTRS spots aren't filled in until all the other spots are filled in. In other words, no I don't think it's filled in at the end of the cashpiele season. I believe it's filled in at the end of the Olympics trials cycle instead.

So if Homan wins, no one gets that spot this season. Instead they'll just add one more CTRS spot to the ones they already have, to let the next lower ranked team in.

In other words, there are already spots reserved to CTRS teams. If a championship spot goes unclaimed at the end of the cycle, they'll just add more CTRS teams in down the ranking.

So under no short-term circumstance will Fleury be guaranteed a spot just because Homan wins 2020 Scotties.

I believe you explained it correctly.

02-17-20 02:53PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I splurged on aircraft WiFi to try to watch the Einerson-McCarville match live. It mostly worked...I had to restart it a few times, and wouldn’t you know it we landed with 3 rocks left in the 10th. That 6th end was the best end I’ve seen all year. Great stuff.

02-17-20 05:06PM
EPMD
Swing Artist

It's hard work cheering for this MB team. 10th end, leading by one, and there is Sweeting botching an easy guard, grouping stones for a double, and turning a good situation into a bad one. Ugh.

And it looks like Chelsea Carey has finally found her game. If nothing else, she knows how to win STOH games.