Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-30-15 11:47AM
bennybeam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bennybeam Click here to Send bennybeam a Private Message Find more posts by bennybeam Add bennybeam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bennybeam
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

That's probably the highest average age for 2nd thru skip position in a long long time.

When the season begins - Glenny will be 53, Wayner 48, Richey 47. Average age for the 3 amigos = 49.5

Slight problem for other teams - these guys can still make a ton of shots. Wayner gives them that edge at vice Richard couldn't!

Don't know what games you were watching but Richard Hart shot lights-out. Father time conquers all

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-30-15 11:48AM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

And Mark Kean is left looking for a new team!

Mark will find a team! He's a solid player and will bounce back!

03-30-15 11:53AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Fowler and mead to play together with Taylor and Savill

Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere. Gotta ask the inevitable residency question - would savill be relocating to Manitoba?

03-30-15 12:51PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Mark swallow your pride forget about skipping and tell Peter Corner you will throw 2nd for him

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

03-30-15 01:16PM
bennybeam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bennybeam Click here to Send bennybeam a Private Message Find more posts by bennybeam Add bennybeam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bennybeam
Harvey Hacksmasher

Maybe show a little respect to the guy--he did win Ontario. Why should he be swallowing anything. Hopefully he can find a couple of younger guys with considerable talent and no attitude. While watching Mark on TV, I only took away he was a decent guy. Not sure I can say that about least two of the others who on live mics called his shots 'dumb' or something to that effect. He might not know it but he's better off without them. Short term pain for long term gain.

03-30-15 02:49PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Two things about this Howard announcement I wonder. Would a team of Howard, Middaugh, Mead and Savill be better than a team of Howard, Middaugh, Hart and Howard? And if the news of Savill and Mead's availability had come earlier, would Stoughton have maybe postponed his retirement plans?

03-30-15 02:51PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere. Gotta ask the inevitable residency question - would savill be relocating to Manitoba?

The residency issues have been beaten to death on many other threads. There is really no residency requirements that a smart guy cannot get around, Ask Morris and Simmons to start with.

03-30-15 02:56PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by bennybeam
Maybe show a little respect to the guy--he did win Ontario. Why should he be swallowing anything. Hopefully he can find a couple of younger guys with considerable talent and no attitude. While watching Mark on TV, I only took away he was a decent guy. Not sure I can say that about least two of the others who on live mics called his shots 'dumb' or something to that effect. He might not know it but he's better off without them. Short term pain for long term gain.

The dynamic on Kean's team at the Brier was bizarre to say the least

03-30-15 04:25PM
Unregistered

Why would Kean throw 2nd for Corner? Being vice for a top skip I could see would have been interesting to see him join Glenn.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.138.112.130

03-30-15 04:43PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so it appears that scott howard leaving to curl with glenn, richard and wayne is true.

i know mark probably doesnt care to here my suggestions but maybe teaming back up with fanset would be a good idea. and matt mapletoft appears to be a free agent again. think he would make a good fit

03-30-15 05:00PM
Borough Boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Borough Boy Click here to Send Borough Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Borough Boy Add Borough Boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Borough Boy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
BREAKING: Jon Mead moves back to MB. Hart retires and Howard to skip new team with son. Mead will play third for Rob Fowler. 2nd = Brendan Taylor and yes lead = Craig Savill

Interesting that this was posted before Jon and Craig knew? This was posted Friday.

I wouldn't be too proud of breaking this..............if you are tight enough to get this info you should also be tight enough to respect a process.

Last edited by Borough Boy on 03-30-15 at 05:03PM

03-30-15 05:11PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so i guess that wasnt an april fools joke. i just didnt see any confirmation anywhere and given the time of year i can hardly be blamed

why the hell is craig curling for manitoba?

richard isnt retiring. he's apparently joining wayne and scott with glenn

03-30-15 05:40PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Here's an article about the new Howard rink I just copied from twitter. Its very interesting and sorts things out for us. Good luck to these guys. Glad they are going to give us more entertainment. Sorry to see Craig go but he's young and ambitious. Good luck to him and Jon. Soooo, read on.....

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/e...tory&soc_trk=tw

03-30-15 07:33PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Wait until Glenn has to fire someone who is hot head and a mediocre curler at best.

03-30-15 07:39PM
coltond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coltond Click here to Send coltond a Private Message Find more posts by coltond Add coltond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coltond
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Manitoba finally seems to be the benefactor of Ontario curlers. Dawn McEwen was the missing link for Jennifer Jones greatness. Now Savvy!

Of course, one of the best ones wasn't an Ontario lad - Bray Moskowy from Saskatchewan.

I'm surprised more 'predators' didn't waltz into Manitoba womens when Jones was out of the loop during Olympics - making Manitoba a veritable wild west of curling.

Might do it again next season with Jones auto-berthed as Team Canada? I am surprised Carey didn't return but getting to captain Heather Nedohin's old team was probably irresistible - even if the chances are quite high Amy and Chelsea reach a fork in the road!

The Savill thing isn't confirmed yet. Just an option rn

03-30-15 07:40PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Wait until Glenn has to fire someone who is hot head and a mediocre curler at best.

Could you please elaborate on that statement. Just curious.

03-30-15 07:58PM
Unregistered

Lets see Scott Howard was 8th in lead percentage at the 2015 brier.. Going from Savill to Howard at lead is a bit of a downgrade Id say lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.254.115

03-30-15 08:45PM
Unregistered

quote:
Lets see Scott Howard was 8th in lead percentage at the 2015 brier.. Going from Savill to Howard at lead is a bit of a downgrade Id say lol

well thats an obvious statement even without the brier stats. savill is one of the best leads to ever play the game

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-30-15 08:51PM
Unregistered

I heard that Fowler, Mead, Taylor and Savill have NOT been talking and will not be making a team next season

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.71.30.236

03-30-15 09:09PM
Unregistered

I feel real bad for Craig. He is a great guy and a great lead. I wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him play at The Players.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 135.23.158.142

03-30-15 09:15PM
Unregistered

Formidable team out of Ontario?Manitoba

I apologize if this is already news and I'm not breaking the news, but it was reported on a radio station in Oakville tonight, but a new team will be announced tomorrow with get this...Craig Savill skipping, Johnny Mead playing third, have recruited Matt Dunstone to play second, and will be playing Jake Walker at lead. What's not clear whatsoever whether they're basing out of Manitoba or Ontario. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.83.89.5

03-30-15 09:44PM
Unregistered

Re: Formidable team out of Ontario?Manitoba

quote:
I apologize if this is already news and I'm not breaking the news, but it was reported on a radio station in Oakville tonight, but a new team will be announced tomorrow with get this...Craig Savill skipping, Johnny Mead playing third, have recruited Matt Dunstone to play second, and will be playing Jake Walker at lead. What's not clear whatsoever whether they're basing out of Manitoba or Ontario. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Quite an interesting combination. Any reason as to why Savill (who has played lead for the past decade) would chose to skip over Matt/Jake who have experienced recent success at that position? Even Jon would be a good option to skip based on his pure shot making ability.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.71.13

03-31-15 12:34AM
Steviewondering is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steviewondering Click here to Send Steviewondering a Private Message Find more posts by Steviewondering Add Steviewondering to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steviewondering
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Formidable team out of Ontario?Manitoba

quote:

Quite an interesting combination. Any reason as to why Savill (who has played lead for the past decade) would chose to skip over Matt/Jake who have experienced recent success at that position? Even Jon would be a good option to skip based on his pure shot making ability.

It was either Cheryl or Russ who said during one of the last World games that leads can have a more "natural" transition to the skip position because of the ability to draw. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the statement, it's a different case for every player, but maybe that's why Savill is possibly skipping his own team?

03-31-15 10:38AM
rock_star is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rock_star Click here to Send rock_star a Private Message Find more posts by rock_star Add rock_star to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rock_star
Swing Artist

Re: Formidable team out of Ontario?Manitoba

quote:

Oakville has a radio station?

03-31-15 01:08PM
Unregistered

Im sorry but anybody who actually believes Savill will be skipping a team with Mead, Dunstone and Walker must be delusional. Dunstone is still a junior and just qualified for their provincials. Jake has a new men's team for next year that he is skiping. I cannot say what Savill and Mead are dong, but I guarantee you this is not a team.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.121.150.20