Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Scotties in Moose Jaw

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-16-20 03:02PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Carey's delivery is not as smooth as it used to be--you can see her using back foot as rudder more and more which isn't good. And Wilkes should know that when you are trying a flat double hack weight ain't gonna work. Team Canada needs to pick up the pace quick.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-16-20 03:32PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

is cheryl even there this week?. because while i havent watched full games i've watched good chunks and i've only heard rus and vic talking

02-16-20 03:36PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
is cheryl even there this week?. because while i havent watched full games i've watched good chunks and i've only heard rus and vic talking

Cheryl is curling in the seniors in AB. Will be at the Scotties when that is over.

02-16-20 03:37PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Cheryl is playing in Alberta Seniors but said she will be back

02-16-20 04:50PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

CA vs. SK:

Interesting game, but these teams should be finishing somewhere between 3rd and 8th in our national tournament. Too many misses and half shots. I think both teams have combined for about 15 runback attempts, and I can't recall seeing any of them made. Silvernagle is probably curling under 60%, but she has the lead, which speaks to how many half-shots Team Canada is making/missing.

How I would rank the teams as to their quality this week:

1. ON
2. WC
3. MB
4. NO
5. AB
6. CA
7. SK
8. BC
9. PE
10. NS
11. NB
12. NT
13. NL
14. QC
15. YT
16. NU

02-16-20 04:53PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Silvernagle is grabbing her deuces and shrugging off the steals. Carey is stealing, thrice so far, but not rattling her victim. Interesting line scores. SK missing and so is CDA. I presume there are lots of rocks in play each end. Nobody can get scrappy like the SK teams. I like Hunkin as a strong second. (Have said this before.) Interesting match-up. Betting on Silvernagle to take down Homan in the Championship round. It won`t be nice and clean.

02-16-20 05:04PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Silvernagle is grabbing her deuces and shrugging off the steals. Carey is stealing, thrice so far, but not rattling her victim. Interesting line scores. SK missing and so is CDA. I presume there are lots of rocks in play each end. Nobody can get scrappy like the SK teams. I like Hunkin as a strong second. (Have said this before.) Interesting match-up. Betting on Silvernagle to take down Homan in the Championship round. It won`t be nice and clean.

I'm going to hold you to that prediction.

02-16-20 05:08PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

both of these teams are far better than we're seeing. chelsea is just not confident right now and it shows

02-16-20 05:26PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Mediocre curling game and terrible announcing. Sask call on the last shot was 1000% correct but there's useless Vic talking about it being a hero call like it was low percentage all or nothing shot when it was really a guaranteed one and a winning two if the line was right. Just overthrown.
Was also Lawton's career in a nutshell with hog line issues and a horrible missed open draw under pressure.

02-16-20 05:53PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
I think it's based on ctrs standing.
Pool A is team ranked 1 4 5 8 9 12 13 16

Pool B 2 3 6 7 10 11 14 15

Hard to place some of the teams as many ranked with few or no points

Based on the CTRS standings, can you explain why Homan ended up in the "B'" pool and why Einarson, Carey, Walker, Silvernagle and McCarville all ended up in pool "A"?

Additionally, how come the numbers shown in the official "A" and "B" pools do not correspond in any obvious way (at least to me) to the CTRS ratings?

02-16-20 06:05PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

Based on the CTRS standings, can you explain why Homan ended up in the "B'" pool and why Einarson, Carey, Walker, Silvernagle and McCarville all ended up in pool "A"?

Additionally, how come the numbers shown in the official "A" and "B" pools do not correspond in any obvious way (at least to me) to the CTRS ratings?

https://www.curling.ca/team-canada/...ranking-system/

Don't have my laptop to check these closely but here is the list. Check to see if they line up

02-16-20 06:09PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Quick look einarson ranked 1. So first in pool A. Even though Jones is ranked higher than homan, wc was predetermined ranked 2nd pool b regardless which team. Therefore homan,1 in pool b

02-16-20 06:58PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Cheryl is playing in Alberta Seniors but said she will be back

Congrats to the Bernard team on winning and heading to nationals.

02-16-20 07:51PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

For the love of God Russ stop trying to defend terrible shots. Sometimes the best players scr@w the pooch and dump it wide, turn it in, or in Jones' case just was plain heavy. Tell it llike it is. She threw it too hard. Not 4 times down the path, new pebble, not frost, not timing other teams rocks. She was heavy. Say it. She missed the shot.

02-16-20 07:52PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Remember,
Dinorock is the board shamus!

I'm old and past it.
Of course a certain person on this board told me that ten years ago.
Sigh!

02-16-20 08:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

When Russ first came aboard TSN he swore he'd never criticize curlers or their strategy or their shot-making. He's actually kept his promise - albeit a poor one given the nature of sports broadcasting.

Sorry, Kaitlyn . . . .

russ criticizes players and shot choices all the time. he just does it more in a subtle way. he isnt as direct as the sportsnet crew but he still does it in every game.

02-16-20 08:40PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

PEI is not rolling over to ON. Would like to see them snare a W. They have their sites on the ChampRound. Good to see SK took the reins back from NU. Some misses are happening. I haven`t read any comments on the ice. Is it drifting on the hits? Is it changing between warm-up and game time? Sheesh.

02-16-20 09:18PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend Only thing we've learned so far - Jen is hot 'n bothered by the ice!
Wholly S**tballs. I think she figured it out. Not the only sheet with big ends and turnarounds. Why is nobody talking about the ice? Keen? Tough? Swingy? Fickle? #itISwhatITis.

02-16-20 09:20PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

What in Sam hell happened? I was at the family’s house and it was 4-0 BC, and now it’s 8-6 WC?

02-16-20 09:23PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
What in Sam hell happened? I was at the family’s house and it was 4-0 BC, and now it’s 8-6 WC?

JJ decided she didn’t want to be beaten by young whippersnappers

02-16-20 09:30PM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

russ criticizes players and shot choices all the time. he just does it more in a subtle way. he isnt as direct as the sportsnet crew but he still does it in every game.

I agree. Posters who say he's past his game aren't really listening. In tonight's game, He predicted BC was in trouble in the 6th end very early. Look what happened. He explains turn preferences (eg. gear effect), he talks about missing the right way, how much to hit to make vs. miss. He's explained how this ice is very release sensitive, which has become very obvious. I do agree he's not as direct as Kevin or Mike, but
maybe he doesn't want to dump on people like the guy you hear behind the glass at any club.

02-16-20 09:31PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

JJ decided she didn’t want to be beaten by young whippersnappers

Good for her. This is all a lot more interesting if she’s on her game.

02-16-20 10:03PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Good analysis B

02-16-20 10:05PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

on the one hand i can not believe that Bc allowed themselves to get into a position they did after going up 6-1. on the other hand i have to give them serious points for being mentally strong enough to answer the way they have. scored 2 twice and a forced jen when she had hammer in 8.

it would have been all to easy to just collapse and have the wheels come off but they stuck with it.

and if you were russ you might have. since he wrote BC off after the 6th end

02-16-20 10:14PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im really getting sick of russ and his tongue bathing of top teams. he always criticizes the lower ranked and more unknown teams for misses and questions strategy but if a top team like jen misses its always"well they missed but they missed the right way so its okay".