M: Slave Lake Petroleum Association Cash Spiel
Slave Lake, AB
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Fri, Nov 8 -- 2:00pm MT
Norman  
Guo  
Griffith  
Ma  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Poll: To register on CZ or not to register on CZ

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Should you be a registered member to post on CurlingZone?
This poll is closed.
Absolutely. I'd rather have fewer posts but better content. 37 43.53%
Not at all! I think having unregistered adds spice to the board. 27 31.76%
I think unregistered could stay...but maybe make it so only Members can post new topics. 21 24.71%
Total: 85 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Page 3 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-24-05 09:00AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Ask Winston Smith

quote:
Originally posted by Statman
Thanks, Mr. S. from Vernon, for giving me the opportunity to put you right again.

What ip address lookup utility are you using? I do not get Vernon, BC as the location for 204.50.255.102 when I look it up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-24-05 09:16AM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Lost in the irony

That's a professional secret. Besides there would be a certain irony if I sent this info along to someone who uses "guest" as a handle and doesn't login.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

What ip address lookup utility are you using? I do not get Vernon, BC as the location for 204.50.255.102 when I look it up.

11-24-05 09:21AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Re: Lost in the irony

quote:
Originally posted by Statman
That's a professional secret. Besides there would be a certain irony if I sent this info along to someone who uses "guest" as a handle and doesn't login.

Actually I did login and Guest is my Curlingzone name. Had I not logged in I would not have an Avatar or a Signature at the bottom of my post.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.145.232.43

11-24-05 09:25AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Lost in the irony

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Actually I did login and Guest is my Curlingzone name. Had I not logged in I would not have an Avatar or a Signature at the bottom of my post.

And once again curling zone logs me out as soon as I leave the site. So now that I've logged in you see the Avatar and the signature.

What information do you get for my IP address? I'm curious because I have what's known as a floating IP address.

02-14-06 03:18PM
jr.skip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jr.skip Click here to Send jr.skip a Private Message Find more posts by jr.skip Add jr.skip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jr.skip

It took me less than 1 minute to register and it seems to me that the registered members here are very knowlegable and I am looking forward to chatting about my most favorite sport.

Kali

02-18-06 10:34PM
Alaska-Anchor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alaska-Anchor Click here to Send Alaska-Anchor a Private Message Find more posts by Alaska-Anchor Add Alaska-Anchor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alaska-Anchor

I really don't understand why someone would not register. it takes only a few minutes at most. The only reason people don't seem to register is that they want to come on forums and post spam or other things that are crap and no one wants to read anyway. Josh

02-21-06 07:31PM
zero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zero Find more posts by zero Add zero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zero
Harvey Hacksmasher

You know what totally makes me laugh. All the top curlers come here once a week or once a month just to see what everyone else is saying and laugh. John Morris made a nice post on one that was dedicated to him which he didn't have to.

Instead of sitting here and writing and wondering and wishing, couldn't you be throwing rocks to make your game better like all the top guys in the world do for hours a day? Nice to say this guy made a bad call in the olympic qualifier when you are watching from your couch. How can anyone try to slam a person or team that made it to the olympic qualifer for canada and bash someone that didn't make the shot they normally do. It will never end but I know that if I was not in John Morris's zone or region in Ontario we would love to have him back to represent our province. That is just my opinion. And go Gushue win the gold.

03-02-06 11:03AM
ElStevo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ElStevo Find more posts by ElStevo Add ElStevo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ElStevo

Curling: On it's way out?

You people forget that Curling was originally a sport of the nobility, and the landed gentry. This plays directly into how cruel these boards get. Why can we not come together as a forum, as enthusiasts for the sport of Curling, as friends?

03-02-06 11:16AM
wee eddie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wee eddie Click here to Send wee eddie a Private Message Find more posts by wee eddie Add wee eddie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wee eddie
Swing Artist

ElStevo - How wrong can you get

Of course the Laird was frequently Skip, which is why it is traditional for the winning Skip to buy the drinks, other than that, there is a tradition of total equality on the ice.

03-02-06 12:47PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Bad with the Good

We all know that a person trashing a curler is just projecting their own INADEQUACY

I am learning from many of the Better Posters on this site to
just IGNORE..the real bad stuff...they eventually give up as their Post sinks to the bottom of the list.
It CAN be hard sometimes, however, when you have Pride in the curlers you support and Canada in particular.

I don't think registering is as important as people trying to keep some quality in their Posts.
The Moderators keep a good eye on posts..so..it's in good hands.

Back to Curling !!

03-02-06 01:14PM

Do we really need to dig up this relect of a thread again?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.26.169.116

03-28-06 03:01PM

If you have been around the Curling Internet Chat Rooms for a while, one thing is certain; making people register will destroy your site. Ask IntheHack what happened to their site when they made people register? People like Statman, or Mikey Potter always wanting to control what is posted and what is said. What is the point? The traffic on the site would become non-existant in a year, but you would be "happy" with the quality of posts! The important aspect is that Curling is getting talked about. You make people register and remember this post. You will lose me if you do that. And many, many more. Do you think you will gain people and traffic if you make people register? There is only one anwser. Go back to inthehack Statman, your going to ruin this site too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.59.82.160

03-28-06 03:50PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Exclamation Who the Hell cares.. just POST!!

Hey...do whatever you want..but for godssake POST....

It is NICE to have some history to read back through on some of the quality posters on here..
but..post..dam it Post!!

03-28-06 04:09PM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Don't slam the door on the way out!

This is a great site, and I've been posting here for more than two years now, so I guess I'm ruining it very slowly

Oh, and not to ruin your day, but I left ITH precisely because there was too much control. I didn’t think I could continue to post my thoughts there without being moderated.

You note: “You make people register and remember this post. You will lose me if you do that.”

Well all I can say 142.59.82.160 from Edmonton is this an example of what you aim to bring to CZ, losing you wouldn’t be a great loss to me personally. (Besides, how would we know if we'd lost you? You are just one of many faceless "unregistereds” who lurk about here every day. )

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
If you have been around the Curling Internet Chat Rooms for a while, one thing is certain; making people register will destroy your site. Ask IntheHack what happened to their site when they made people register? People like Statman, or Mikey Potter always wanting to control what is posted and what is said. What is the point? The traffic on the site would become non-existant in a year, but you would be "happy" with the quality of posts! The important aspect is that Curling is getting talked about. You make people register and remember this post. You will lose me if you do that. And many, many more. Do you think you will gain people and traffic if you make people register? There is only one anwser. Go back to inthehack Statman, your going to ruin this site too.

Last edited by Statman on 03-28-06 at 05:08PM

03-29-06 02:43AM

Excellent work Statman,

Your quote "One of the reasons I'd like to see some control on posts, is so I don't get called a wanker by some anonymous no-entity like you".

Well here are some quotes from ONE thread done by Statman that will contradict everything he stands for in the reason why CZ should make people register.

1. You remind me of a dead halibut on the fishmonger's rack. Eyes wide open, but you've long since stopped considering variables.

2. Other than throwing around your opinion, providing no up-to-date data, relying on unregistered posters, and not providing a single compelling reason, you argue your point very well.

3. You remind me of a punch drunk boker, who keeps getting up for one more shot to his already brain-damaged gray matter.

4. Something you seem to be genetically predisposed not to understand.

5. You should find another cause to burn off those brain cells with.

6. I guess you'll soon have to fess up to who you really are, rather than shooting your mouth off behind a silly handle.

7. Debating for dummies? Your "debating for dummies" approach fails for the following reasons.

8. Like a half starved salmon rising to a fly or perhaps more accurately like the smell of doggie poop wafting from the thawing ground in the spring, you are so very predictable.

9. You see, you sad little NO-COUNT, i'm actually far cooler than you will ever be.

10. You arrogant little twit.

11. Deep. I bet that took hours of thought, and even now none of us has a clue as to what your point is. Alas, I'm not sure you do either.

12. Have you tried that Absorbine Junior solution I suggested for your TESTICULOR issues.

13. At least you got some of the sentences in the right order this time, and spelled many of the words correctly. (last time I checked this was a Curling form not English class).

Point, Set, and Match.

It doesn't matter if you register or not. Statman makes it obvious that you can be rude one way or the other.

What do you have to say for yourself now?

Your Nemesis - the god of divine justice and vengeance

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.59.82.160

03-29-06 02:58AM
sport.nut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sport.nut Click here to Send sport.nut a Private Message Find more posts by sport.nut Add sport.nut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sport.nut
Swing Artist

Can you ban certain IP's?

That might be more effective in cutting down on the useless clutter.

03-29-06 08:54AM
Dallas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dallas Click here to Send Dallas a Private Message Visit Dallas's homepage! Find more posts by Dallas Add Dallas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dallas
CZ Founder

uncalled for, unregistered. Cya.