Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-23-21 12:13PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I can't believe you just said that.....

Let me say it again for emphasis. Ditto.
People are swift to natter at snowbirds coming back etc but it is ok for curlers and hockey players to travel.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-23-21 04:55PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Partial immunity after your first shot, and i emphasize the word "partial", usually takes 10 -14 days.

Unfortunately, your friend's friend probably caught the virus sometime during that 14 day period.

Even with a two-dose vaccine like Pfizer or AstraZeneca, the efficacy after the first dose is less than 70%. As a rule of thumb, one should not consider themselves to be "fully vaccinated" until two (2) weeks after receiving the Second dose of a two-dose vaccine.

Stay well and Stay safe.

04-23-21 05:57PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
just talking to a friend

his friend 70s got vaccine in selkirk 3 weeks ago

has covid yesterday on a ventilator

we got vaccinated but did not change our lifestyle 1 bit

I hope all goes well for your friend's friend. This virus is a nasty business.

04-23-21 07:15PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Jones still trying to scavenge her way into the playoffs but she'll have a tiger by the tail in Anna Hasselborg, actually S-Net's feature match in a few minutes. If Hasselborg put out even her B+ or B game she'll end Jones' scavenging.

3 ends in and Jones has said sorry at least 5 times. It's almost as if it's just habit, shot gets missed, sorry Joss/Kaitlyn/guys.
Announcers have been great this week, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, humourous without being silly. TSN needs to poach Martin away he knows the game and communicates the little things so well.

04-23-21 07:43PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

3 ends in and Jones has said sorry at least 5 times. It's almost as if it's just habit, shot gets missed, sorry Joss/Kaitlyn/guys.
Announcers have been great this week, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, humourous without being silly. TSN needs to poach Martin away he knows the game and communicates the little things so well.

That's 5 early shots in the Jones drinking game. One shot or drink every time she says sorry, my bad, my fault. After most games we'd be drunk

04-23-21 08:14PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Jones and team getting along famously

Lots of smiles

Pretty sure they are wAy happier than most posters and make more money curling than our pensions

So anyone who out earns me I'm not allowed to comment on? That's just about everyone.

Never woulda guessed you are old and on pension. Complaints about too many women and immigrant broadcasters, comments hoping people get shot and cranky post after cranky post, who woulda thunk it?

04-23-21 08:54PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

Hasselborg wins her group clearly but doesn't get a semifinal spot because the 2nd place team in the other group had a better draw to the button total? Bizarre. Good break for Einarson though. Maybe a rubber match with Homan on the agenda which would be good.

04-23-21 08:59PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

hey hogged, I don’t know what’s going on 50 miles north of me (you all won’t let my fully vaccinated self in), but if it’s anything like what’s going on down here, we’d all be a lot better off assuming everyone who seems antagonistic isn’t an awful human being.

My wife and I were watching today and were taken a bit aback when we realized Jones sponsors were fricking Bayer, Cabelas, and Princess Auto (which is, if I remember correctly, Canada’s version of what we call tractor supply down here).

Good for her. Let them bankroll you.

04-23-21 09:58PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
So Hasselhoff automatically proceeds to the semi-finals. Could Einarson draw the Atomic Bombs (Homan) again, this time in the quarters?

Whoever draws The Raytch is in for a thorough shot-pelting. I'm hoping for Raytch vs. Hasselborg in the semis.

Nope Tirinzoni and Einarson are in the semis. Homan could only play Hasselborg in the finals.

04-23-21 10:12PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

Does sports net always do that SeizureVision(tm) thing for the playoffs where they try and cover all four simultaneously?

04-23-21 10:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
So Hasselhoff automatically proceeds to the semi-finals. Could Einarson draw the Atomic Bombs (Homan) again, this time in the quarters?

Whoever draws The Raytch is in for a thorough shot-pelting. I'm hoping for Raytch vs. Hasselborg in the semis.

The "Hoff". Floor burgers. Classic.

04-24-21 09:13AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Looks like Epping is struggling. Why didn’t Matt Camm vice & Lott play second? I heard the front end complaining they couldn’t hear him in the house.

04-24-21 01:48PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

I hope the 3 person teams win both.

04-24-21 02:00PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
I hope the 3 person teams win both.

I agree. Not watching; don’t have sports net. Who besides Carruthers is playing with 3?

04-24-21 02:42PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

I agree. Not watching; don’t have sports net. Who besides Carruthers is playing with 3?

Team Japan who I cheer for anyway, they seem so happy to be playing and it's usually a ton of rocks in play.

04-24-21 04:33PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Thanks, hogged again. I agree. Team Japan is a fun team to watch.

04-24-21 06:38PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Anybody find scores recorded anywhere?

04-24-21 06:38PM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
Thanks, hogged again. I agree. Team Japan is a fun team to watch.

Might be true, but why would SN start with a full end of this game?
Kevin M said in the pregame, he was looking foward to seeing the Gushue/Edin. I would agree. If fact, I would like to have seen any of the other 3 games with Canadian teams to start.

04-24-21 07:36PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Anybody find scores recorded anywhere?

https://thegrandslamofcurling.com/e...cup/standings/#!/competitions/6868

04-25-21 10:44AM
Maggie
Hitting Paint

I was wondering who you’re going to dunk on when you don’t have Jones to kick around anymore. Now I know.

Doesn’t Team Einarson have a berth in the final already?

04-25-21 01:51PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

ML. When do shot pelters show up?

04-25-21 02:23PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

It is my sincerest hope that ML doesn't jump on the Homan bandwagon now that he's finished with Jones or seems to be. Homan fans don't need ML's comments relative to game strategy. Homan has this well in hand. The four Team Homan players are doing really well and if there's one team that we could accept a loss from, it's Team Einarson. Congrats to Team Einarson on an extremely well played game and congrats to Sweeting on shooting a 100% game. Keep it going. Will be cheering for you in the Worlds.

04-25-21 02:42PM
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

It would be tough to convince me that Sweeting didn’t single handedly crush team Homan today, from shooting perfect to pretty perfect line calls for her skip. She did it by essentially destroying Miskew.

That was a clinic.

Also as an aside, I can’t speak to whether or not she’s having more fun, but Wilkes is not as valuable a player for Homan as she was for Carey. She’s still really good, but a bit overqualified as a silent sweeping partner for Courtney. Her role on that team seems to underutilize her skills.

04-25-21 03:59PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:

Re: Wilkes

Went from being a Top 4 Canadian 3rd to a Top 3 Canadian 2nd - - - don't know what the gain (for Wilkes) was!

However, when the Carey team crashed & burned, Wilkes looked for the first good paying job she could find. Homan had to personally embarrass her long-time lead & team sheriff, Lisa Weagle but Homan wanted 2 Orecks/Hoovers dragging her stones all over hell's half acre. But since Courtney is still doing 80% of the brushing - Wilkes' brushing power is almost redundant.

She could still be a Top 3rd for a great Canadian skip - but Rachel is auto-berthed into the STOH (if not from Ontario playdowns from wildcard play-ins), she's already booked her ticket into the Olympic Trials & she's picked up 2 silvers last couple years as Einarson's victim.

Not too many skips available for Sarah to switch over to once the Trials (or Olympics) end. Kaitlyn Lawes could be looking to branch out to skipping after her plight with JJ ends Krista McCarville would be a good choice, should McCarville decide to turn pro and play full-time.

Shannon Birchard may also be a viable skipping candidate once this Olympic cycle ends. Who knows? I think she might bring Meilleur on as her 3rd, maybe an alliance with Kaitlyn Lawes.

Wilkes was an OK 3rd, not a great one. She is very similar to Lawton, consistent percentages but only rarely a 85%plus game and almost always a bad big miss in the late ends.

Last edited by hogged again on 04-25-21 at 04:02PM

04-25-21 04:01PM
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

I think Homan might need those sweepers.

I mean if I need one skip to make an angle-raise-quadruple through a port as big as a rock plus one mm for four, she’s it. She’s like 98% on that. But if I need a draw to the edge of the button against three to save one, she needs help steering and dragging that thing.

I mean not that she can’t, but she’s the best in the world at whack a mole. She’s just very good at that draw, and lately, when Sweeting is on, Einarson has much better touch.

Also, this doesn’t pay the bills but team Einarson seems a bunch more fun that team Homan.

I guess this winter it’s paying the bills pretty damn nicely though.