Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-30-21 07:29PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Agree that Canada shouldn't have lost that game. They need to win a few in a row or things could get very ugly. With regard to ML he is often very annoying but calling Hasselborg Hasselhoff is over the top in my opinion.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-30-21 08:44PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Odd that any Canadian team would bother with the worlds

Risk huge - reward ehhh

Kerri doomed to join bb and hundreds of other Canadian teams in the world graveyard

Not so odd; you can’t win If you don’t play. The opportunity to medal/win at a world championship is a huge reward according to every interview I have ever heard with a competitive curler.

Canada has a great record at the worlds, best of any nation by far. As the game grows internationally, other nations will have success.

04-30-21 08:49PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

One tough loss will not discourage me. It was 3 sweeping errors in the last 2 ends that were the difference not shot making in my opinion and the front end knows that and will get better.

And I also miss the Sportsnet crew after just one game of the babble gang. 😒

04-30-21 11:52PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The guy is an azzhat. Always was. Always will be. That is a fact. Sorry if that bothers anyone.
Let the entertainment continue.

Last edited by guido on 04-30-21 at 11:55PM

05-01-21 08:38AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Einarson & team were much sharper against Czech Republic last night. Kerri seemed more serious. Val curled 77% ok against that team but not good enough for the top teams.

Good to see them come back.

05-01-21 08:53AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

The only anger I see is coming from you, ML. You have been asked nicely several times to lay off the demeaning nicknames, misogyny, ageism, etc. You either ignore the request or lash out at the person who requested.

What a shame that you can’t do some self reflection and do better.

LIKE.

05-01-21 04:40PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Well I have to agree with you ML. Wayne did something at the break to pump team Sweden up. I’m surprised Kerri dumped her coach from last year Patti Wuthrich unless Patti retired.

05-01-21 06:30PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Two baddddd misses in the ninth end from Kerri

05-01-21 07:07PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Canada's game against the not Russians will be very interesting. If we lose that one watch out.

05-01-21 07:19PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Suspect Team Canada will now feed Briane or Shannon to TSN for post-game comments.

Val & Kerri appear shaken!
[/QUOTE
An understatement. At least the giggling stopped . Now to stop the low fives. That went out 10 years ago. Every seen a man's team do it.

05-01-21 09:14PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Watched the SWE-DEN game. The Danish women are not bad but they're getting bad advice from their coach.
They had Sweden on the ropes at one point and needed an aggressive draw into the rings.

Their coach suggested putting up a useless guard, just in case they might give up two, conceeding an easy one.
It could have been a steal of 2.

They let the Swedes off the hook and it was all downhill from there.

05-01-21 10:25PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Well... Canada is somewhat comfortably ahead 5-3 after 5 vs. RCF, and with hammer in the 6th.
So, based on how previous games went, this means it's not looking good...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

05-01-21 10:35PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

I wonder if there's something different with how WCF and Curling Canada administer half-time breaks, and if that's part of the reason why Einarson's performance degrades in second half.

I've always wondered if there's a correlation between what nutrition you take at the break and performance, for example. Watching 2018 Olympics was interesting, because some teams eat proper food, some suck on gels from pouches, some just use drink mixes, etc.

05-01-21 10:45PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Curlingclips, I was intrigued by your recent post which suggested that Sarah Wilkes was being "underutilized" on Homan's team.

Are you in effect implying that if she were to play vice, the team's overall performance would improve? Or ??

this was me. I think she’s a better brain than a sweeper. She seems like a smart cookie, but not my first choice if I want to melt a glacier (although she ain’t bad at that). I just think she seems like a really great curling mind and that’s better suited to be third or a skip.

Haven’t caught up on posts though so this post may already be outdated.

05-01-21 10:47PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

ML fancies himself as the entertainment of this forum. To save everyone the trouble, let's just call him the class clown. He demeans woman, gives them the ridiculous nick names and just assumes the public will follow him. NEWS BULLETIN...ML grow up.

I haven’t seen ML afraid to give a man a ridiculous nickname. He seems like a straight shooter to me. Not sure why people have an issue here.

05-01-21 10:56PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

I've always wondered if there's a correlation between what nutrition you take at the break and performance, for example. Watching 2018 Olympics was interesting, because some teams eat proper food, some suck on gels from pouches, some just use drink mixes, etc.

Agreed.
Team Canada needs to stop carbing up with those giant plates of pasta at the 5th end break.

05-02-21 12:03AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
they risk losing Canada's Olympic spot

Wording matters. You can't lose what you don't have. Olympic spot has to be earned, either by qualifying, or by hosting, and maybe some other ways I'm not aware of.

05-02-21 12:10AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

If there was any doubt that Canada is over-thinking things after blowing two comfortable leads in the first 3 games, the 4th game - and 3rd blown lead - erases all doubt.
They are clearly nervous to the point of it affecting their play negatively.

The tendency was to think that, because Canada has spent so much time in the 'Calgary bubble', with the 'Scotties' and the grand slams, they'd have an advantage over the other teams who haven't spent as much time in that unnatural environment.
But perhaps the opposite is true... maybe the restrictions of 'bubble life' are wearing thin on Canada, and they are simply psychologically tired. And when that happens, nerves kick in, and you miss some shots, and it just snowballs.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

05-02-21 12:20AM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Wording does matter.

And yet you said this:
quote:
they risk losing Canada's Olympic spot.

Team Einarson does not risk losing Canada's Olympic spot, because (i) you can't lose what you don't have, and (ii) if Canada places outside of playoff, there's a qualification event later in the year.

Wording matters. Canada does not risk losing its Olympic spot as a result of what happens in this competition.

05-02-21 09:30AM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
The slam spots would help build the sport by allowing young teams to compete before at age 26 they realize they are wasting their life . .

Well.....there's a lot to unpack in that dour and bleak stream of conciousness so I'll just comment on this quoted part.

Can't you say one is wasting their life on pretty much anything they do; any activity, other than sleeping, eating, breathing, and some other functions neccessary for living?

05-02-21 09:38AM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Did anyone else see this coming? RCF rising to the top of the standings and undefeated at this point?

And scanning their upcoming games, it wouldn't surprise me to see them at 9-0 in a few more days.

Their skip is cool as a cucumber and clutch under pressure situations.

05-02-21 10:24AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

God I wish the ignore list worked

05-02-21 10:49AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler
God I wish the ignore list worked

It does work, trust me. If you're have problems contact Gerry Gertz and he'll help you out. I've made contact with him a couple of times and he's been very helpful.

05-02-21 10:51AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Did anyone else see this coming? RCF rising to the top of the standings and undefeated at this point?

And scanning their upcoming games, it wouldn't surprise me to see them at 9-0 in a few more days.

Their skip is cool as a cucumber and clutch under pressure situations.

They are doing really well. I agree. I'm sorry Canada lost to them yesterday and it seems Team Canada is having some difficulty in the last five innings of play. I'll keep supporting them of course.

05-02-21 10:53AM
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Morning session postponed