Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-05-21 12:52PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Meanwhile, Canada is well into end 7 and long overdue to crack a mitt full of points in their CAN-EST game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-05-21 01:02PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

SWE replies with a 4.
What a barn-burner this has been.

05-05-21 01:11PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
SWE replies with a 4.
What a barn-burner this has been.

Barn burner is right! And we will never be able to watch it.

05-05-21 01:30PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Wish I could be watching the RCF-SWE game this AM.
Curlit doesn't do it justice, but this 3rd end, everyone is making their shots. Tons of rocks in play.
I imagine it's akin to a heavyweight boxing match..blow for blow and nobody is conceeding anything.

Hasselborg got stunned for a 5-piece mid-game. Musta infuriated Anna the Swedish Cyborg so much she came back with a 4 spot next end.

That said, RCF is doing to Sweden what Canada set out to do before the feisty Canucks imploded.

05-05-21 01:37PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Maybe 10 years ago but there is no sleepwalking allowed anymore. The qualifier could have Fujisawa who has won grand slam events. Korea who won a silver at the Olympics. Germany and Denmark who have both beaten Canada at the worlds. The Czech team gets better every time out. Sure Canada would be favoured but it isn't a gimme.

With the HUGE win over Scotland last night the chances of having to deal with the last chance saloon bonspiel got a lot smaller. I'm still sticking to my original picks--Canada-Sweden final. Hopefully TV is back for last Canadian game which is vs China and could be decisive.

I'm not certain but I think the last Japanese national championship may have also determined their Olympic team. Fujisawa was undefeated in the round robin but was upset by Yoshimura in the final.

Both Kim teams from Korea have medaled internationally so are legitimate threats.

05-05-21 02:24PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Bulls Eye

Both Kim teams from Korea have medaled internationally so are legitimate threats.

It should be said that there's a 3rd team in Korea that is also a legitimate threat.

Here's the championship bracket for 2020 Korean Curling National Championship:
https://www.curlingzone.com/event.p...view=Playoffs#1

Kim Eun-jung won gold. Kim Min-ji won bronze.

Silver was Gim Un-chi, who is Korea's representative in Sochi 2014. She's been to 4 Worlds. 5 medals at PACC. 2 medals at Universiade.

Fun fact: someone told me that Gim = Kim, exact same character in Korean, just different romanization. So technically it's correct to say that there are 3 Kim teams in Korea? I'm not 100% sure.

05-05-21 05:42PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Still think the predominant contenders for gold are Sweden & Switzerland but RCF/Kovaleva has put a major shiver into the field with her stellar hi-percentage play in Calgary. She's doing something I've rarely seen done - OK, Jennifer Jones did it at the Olympics when she ran the table but Alina Ko still has many games left to do same.

But the stunner was disposing of the last Olympic champion, Anna Hasselborg/Sweden like yesterday's garbage. Rather incredible, no?

Tirinzoni seems to have developed some major league strategical advantages over much of the field - whether thats due to great scouting or having Alina Patz as your 4th shooter, up for debate!

Einarson still clinging to hope she can run the table and assert herself as one of the major playoff threats. After a wobbly (to be kind) start she's back to par. Even Shannon Birchard, who's been shaky put in a brilliant percentage game this a.m.
Briane Meilleur may quietly be setting herself up as the events all-star lead.

05-05-21 06:30PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

The Czech Republic has been playing out of their minds this afternoon.
Trailing RCF by one, 10th end, with hammer.

05-05-21 06:47PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

RCF is no longer undefeated.
CZE layed a 3 on them to win it 7-5.

Wowza!

05-05-21 06:54PM
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

This is frustrating. I feel that we're missing all of the best matchups while the broadcast cameras sit idle.

Judging just from the curlit updates, I can't help but be envious of the dozen or so lucky ones on location that witnessed the last two draws.

05-05-21 06:55PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Both the US and Scotland lose coming back closer to the pack.....