Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-14-20 02:33AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Frost I like Team Homan and I'm really sorry that Lisa will no longer be part of it. It's a great loss to the team whatever the reason. Posters seem to be jumping to conclusions because they either don't like the team or they don't like Rachel which I really don't get - because she doesn't smile a lot? Really? Do you ask the men's teams to smile? The double standard is alive and well. Is it because she invited Joanne to play with them when Alison left?

^ None of the above mentioned reasons for me. The reason I neither like nor respect Rachel is because of the 'incident' at the last Olympics when she very boorishly removed an opponent's rock that had no honest business being removed. No discussion with anyone on her team or on the opposing team - she just booted it away. The Homan team had been playing badly throughout the Olympics at that point, and this was a very immature, selfish, and desperate move on her part - looking for any advantage she could get. Up to that point, I was a Homan fan - I'd defended her when others accused her of being pompous and conceited, etc. - I saw it simply as a combination of shyness and intensity. I still believe that. But now that I've seen this incredibly poor sportsmanship from her - in a sport which is supposed to pride itself on sportsmanship -, I not only no longer defend her, but I have lost my respect for her.

quote:
Originally posted by Frost I saw Rachel and Lisa together at the Briar last Wednesday, so whatever took place has probably been in the works for awhile and the team is at peace with it or they wouldn't have been there together.

^ Unless Rachel was simply concealing the upcoming truth from Lisa. You saw them together last week. They removed Lisa from the team this week. Hmmm....

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-14-20 09:29AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Lisa speaks, she was shocked by the decision

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...eagle-1.5497750

03-14-20 11:13AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca Carey is the new 3rd
I haven't heard verification of this yet, but if it is correct, my Location speculation was correct. 3 alberta players - had to nuke one of the Ontario players. Homan playing out of AB now, I guess. That is the reason. Homan wanted to stay in AB. Location logic.

03-14-20 11:37AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Teams make changes all the time, for whatever the reason; at the end of the day the decisions fall to the teams (and teams at this level put a ton of work into their seasons; if they see room for improvement, they're welcome to it. I feel it is not up to the armchair experts to judge on how they are done or how they are done, or who they replace them with.

Again I state it seems that men's teams are held on a different level than women's; yes Epping did get some flak for dropping Craig by some curmudgeon busybodies with too much time on their hands, but not to the same degree as women's teams for making changes. In some circles, Jones is still getting flak from dropping Cathy O. Also, the Oly has been over for two years. Some people need to move on. It's sport.

I do like hearing the speculation of who'll go with who; though; interesting to see who guesses right :)

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 03-14-20 at 03:42PM

03-14-20 11:44AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Ryan Fry will be the new third for Homan. You heard it from me.

;)

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 03-14-20 at 11:52AM

03-14-20 01:08PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Alex Horvarth is leaving team Tardi.

https://twitter.com/TeamTardi/statu...868557838069762

03-14-20 01:24PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Be interesting to see who they pick up, very talented young team.

03-14-20 02:04PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca Since your my buddy i can tell just you i made that up.
Pure guess.If i spread a rumor and get a denial from cc then i can cross her off the list .

HaHa - my bad too. Proof, that if it fits your theory you are more likely to believe it. Stop the presses - no confirmation on Carey going 3rd for another.. which in hind sight, seems uber unlikely. Thanks Fresky. Fry almost as likely - right Meagan? ;-) geez. We just have to be patient.

Last edited by nelski on 03-14-20 at 02:06PM

03-14-20 02:42PM
winbear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for winbear Click here to Send winbear a Private Message Find more posts by winbear Add winbear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
winbear
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Teams make changes all the time, for whatever the reason; at the end of the day the decisions fall to the teams (and teams at this level put a ton of work into their seasons; if they see room for improvement, they're welcome to it. I feel it is not up to the armchair experts to judge on how they are done or how they are done, or who they replace them with.

Again I state it seems that men's teams are held on a different level than women's; yes Epping did get some flak for dropping Fry by some curmudgeon busybodies with too much time on their hands, but not to the same degree as women's teams for making changes. In some circles, Jones is still getting flak from dropping Cathy O. Also, the Oly has been over for two years. Some people need to move on. It's sport.

I do like hearing the speculation of who'll go with who; though; interesting to see who guesses right

Did Epping drop Fry or is that a misprint?

03-14-20 02:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by winbear

Did Epping drop Fry or is that a misprint?

I'll say mistyped. He dropped Craig savill and picked up fry. They did very well together this year

03-14-20 03:09PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Team Tanner Horgan's new lead is Emerson Klimpke.

03-14-20 03:42PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I'll say mistyped. He dropped Craig savill and picked up fry. They did very well together this year

Yes, I just edited -- whoops, didn't want to cause more speculation :P

03-14-20 04:20PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I do not know the inside lives of the people on Team Homan, but I thought Courtney came from AB, Homan is IN AB now, so Miskew could be the import and another AB player could round that out. Maybe it is just a location thing. Has that been discussed? Is it odd?

Correct me if I'm wrong but since there can be only one "Free Agent" on a team, it would appear that Homan was placed in the untenable position of having to choose between her Third for 18 years or her Lead since 2009, each of whom had an exemplary performance record for an extended period of time.

03-14-20 04:30PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

Correct me if I'm wrong but since there can be only one "Free Agent" on a team, it would appear that Homan was placed in the untenable position of having to choose between her Third for 18 years or her Lead since 2009, each of whom had an exemplary performance record for an extended period of time.

No choice required. With new homan residency rule she could still play out of Ontario as she has since the rule change. Only 1 import is Courtney

However if she's planning to play out of AB then that's a different story. Still waiting for the announcement.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 03-14-20 at 04:33PM

03-14-20 04:59PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
My guess is Rachel takes a couple weeks before announcing her new lineup - let the heat subside.

I say the sooner the better, especially now the rest of the season is cancelled. Like pulling off a band aid.

03-14-20 06:32PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Kaitlyn Jones' team is no more.
https://twitter.com/teamkjones/stat...937434982735872

03-14-20 07:37PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
My guess is Rachel takes a couple weeks before announcing her new lineup - let the heat subside.

She is waiting for the domino to fall and will announce the team is playing out of Alberta with Peterman at lead.

03-14-20 07:45PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

She is waiting for the domino to fall and will announce the team is playing out of Alberta with Peterman at lead.

Oooh good one. The thing is though, there no way she hadn't already brokered the deal with new player BEFORE firing weagle. No way.

With more teams splitting up, more players for Lisa to team up with. A wise veteran like lisa would do well to mentor young Jones

03-14-20 08:25PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

I know there's a lot of announcements going on but Peterman's leaving Jones? Or just speculation?

This discussion is fascinating.

03-14-20 09:11PM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

I don't buy Peterman. The way it sounded made it like Weagle wasn't going to play the last 2 slams. I think that it's a member of a team that wouldn't play at those slams.

03-14-20 10:30PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
I don't buy Peterman. The way it sounded made it like Weagle wasn't going to play the last 2 slams. I think that it's a member of a team that wouldn't play at those slams.

Don't forget the legal ramifications. Like Sheldon and his room mate agreement. Much more liable for a quitter vs getting fired. Lisa is free as a bird with a big buyout. If Peterman or someone "quits" an elite team, I'll guess less of a buyout and more of a relinquish of what's truly entitled. It's all in the fine print, and Jones the lawyer knows her fine print. Leave and lose it all.
I agree Lisa was not in the year end plans. Now there's no year end plans for anyone.

I suspect lots of behind the scenes battles for who retains the sponsors.

All come clean, what are your new teams?

03-14-20 11:44PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Maybe as simple as Peterman in for Homan; Weagle in for JJ Jones?

Only problem is Peterman not a natural lead; Weagle not a natural second.

Plus, Jones is already the import player for her team as she lives in Cool Lake Country in southern Ontario.

Brianne Meilleur is the best natural (not really) lead in Canada right now after Weagle, Dawn McEwen a very close second.

Still think Homan has already made a play for the services of Sarah Wilkes - and Sarah has agreed to drop down to lead, in order to be auto-berthed out of Ontario every year for the next few years on a team with a super-shooting skip. Much better prospects than playing lead for a failing Chels Carey.

You forgot the Homan birth province rule. Jones can play for Manitoba or Ontario.
Next

03-15-20 12:08AM
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Wilkes to Homan makes too much sense. It didn't sound that she left for personal reasons or that she was kicked off team Carey, so she would have to leave for a better team and I think that there are only 4 teams that CTRS would consider to be better: Homan, Einarson, Fleury and Jones. Homan is the only team she can join that she doesn't need to move and I'm sure that as a married person, you'd want to stay close to your partner.

I think that the merger of teams Silvernagle (Hunkin) and Streifel (Demers) makes sense.

As for who replaces Sarah Wilkes on team Carey? I'm not going to try because there are so many names you could throw out there, but I can't find one name that sticks out.

03-15-20 02:11AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

Again I state it seems that men's teams are held on a different level than women's; yes Epping did get some flak for dropping Craig by some curmudgeon busybodies with too much time on their hands, but not to the same degree as women's teams for making changes. In some circles, Jones is still getting flak from dropping Cathy O. Also, the Oly has been over for two years. Some people need to move on. It's sport.

^ Firstly, your claims of 'sexism' are pure nonsense. Many, many people were quite upset at Epping dumping Savill, especially because of the health circumstance of Savill coming back from cancer.
Additionally, Savill was only with Epping for, what - 2 years? Weagle was with Homan for over a decade. And all evidence points to Weagle's dumping being very sudden, with Lisa being caught completely by surprise. To me, that sounds rather ruthless. And so the criticism. NOT because they are women (sigh...), but because it seems to have been done with a lack of respect.

Secondly, regarding your crack about the Olympics having been two years ago, so it's time to 'move on'... No way. I don't move on from blatant displays of ugly character. That was a self-defining moment for Homan, and she showed what she's made of. And it's not good stuff in my view. Actions define character. Saying we should 'move on' from actions which define character is, at very best, extremely naive.

Lastly, your posts are drenched with defense of Homan. They make it clear that you are a big Homan fan. You are blind to anything negative involving her, and see everything through illusionary rose coloured glasses. Please be less biased and much more objective when posting comments about her if you want those comments to be taken seriously..

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 03-15-20 at 02:19AM

03-15-20 09:52AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

^
Lastly, your posts are drenched with defense of Homan. They make it clear that you are a big Homan fan. You are blind to anything negative involving her, and see everything through illusionary rose coloured glasses. Please be less biased and much more objective when posting comments about her if you want those comments to be taken seriously..

I could see where you’re coming from on the first two-thirds of your post (not quoted, for brevity) and maybe partly agree with it, but you’re out of line with this part I did quote.

Where in this forum’s terms of service does it say everyone here must be objective and check their fandoms at the door? That’s a code of conduct for a journalist in the press, but this is a fan forum, for crying out loud! Meaghan, and anyone else, should be and is free to wave whatever fan flag they want to, if that’s even what she was doing which I’m not completely convinced of anyway.