Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-19-20 10:22AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Saskvet

Well that had the desired response. Meatloaf?
How would you like it I called you toots?
I am just like the rest of you, trying to get through this self imposed isolation. I am neither here to insult nor be insulted

It was in reference to the song BY meatloaf, not calling ML meatloaf.

And I've been called worse. Just don't call me late for dinner.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-19-20 10:47AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw

I got the reference to Meatloaf.

03-19-20 11:54AM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:

Sorry I misunderstood. HaHa I won't.

03-19-20 12:23PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

To add to ML's list of lousy corn broom sweepers I'd throw in Barry Fry when he was skipping. He would sweep while backing up with his broom going towards the rock and spewing straw at it. Fortunately the amount a corn broom could take a rock while sweeping the 6ft behind the T is maybe 1 inch so it really didn't matter.
I would also add to the list the Canadian team at the World Championship who fell behind, switched from hogs hair to corn and allegedly soaked the brooms in 7up so the straw would stick to the ice and allow some picks for a comeback. I remember the Scottish skip saying under his breath 'dirty cheaters'. Could be urban legend so I won't name names.

Last edited by hogged again on 03-19-20 at 12:36PM

03-19-20 01:05PM
Saskvet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saskvet Find more posts by Saskvet Add Saskvet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

Does anyone know if that fine young curler from NS, Mary Fay who kind of gave up junior curling to pursue a college education and become a Doctor, is still curling part time or in university?

03-19-20 01:20PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
To add to ML's list of lousy corn broom sweepers I'd throw in Barry Fry when he was skipping. He would sweep while backing up with his broom going towards the rock and spewing straw at it. Fortunately the amount a corn broom could take a rock while sweeping the 6ft behind the T is maybe 1 inch so it really didn't matter.
I would also add to the list the Canadian team at the World Championship who fell behind, switched from hogs hair to corn and allegedly soaked the brooms in 7up so the straw would stick to the ice and allow some picks for a comeback. I remember the Scottish skip saying under his breath 'dirty cheaters'. Could be urban legend so I won't name names.

in Winnipeg?

https://thecurlingnews.com/2010/09/...-curling-video/

03-19-20 02:36PM
Marc Bernard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Bernard Visit Marc Bernard's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Bernard Add Marc Bernard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marc Bernard
Hitting Paint

quote:
Does anyone know if that fine young curler from NS, Mary Fay who kind of gave up junior curling to pursue a college education and become a Doctor, is still curling part time or in university?

Yup - won USport Bronze last week.

03-19-20 02:48PM
Skipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skipper Click here to Send Skipper a Private Message Find more posts by Skipper Add Skipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skipper
Knee-Slider

https://www.thetelegram.com/sports/...volving-426367/

Here is a story from The Telegram in St. John's about Gushue's team not changing.

03-19-20 03:01PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

If the great maritime lady, Mary Fay is still on track to become a medical doctor (physician) she won't have any time for anything more than occasional recreational curling.

Should point out that a Dr. Dick Bird won the province of Manitoba in the late 50s (1959) but alas, Dr. Bird was a dentist - never returned to the Brier after a credible .500 PLUS record - much better than most of the deadbeats who infested Manitoba curling in the 1960s (ie. Hersh Lerner (twice), Bobby Robinson, Burke Parker, Bruce Hudson (twice), . . . . only good ones were Norm Houck in 1962 & Bronko Braunstein in '65.

Here's a NS Dr who won the 1951 Brier. Don Oyler

Legend you may recognize some of the players and names.

https://youtu.be/4ZFx8JeoVn4

03-19-20 03:15PM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

This isn't an urban legend. It happened in the 1991 World's. It was Kevin Martin and Kevin Park. In fact, they did it twice. The Pro-Canadian crowd was not impressed.
https://thecurlingnews.com/2010/09/...-curling-video/

03-19-20 03:23PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:

Here's a NS Dr who won the 1951 Brier. Don Oyler

Legend you may recognize some of the players and names.

https://youtu.be/4ZFx8JeoVn4

What a wonderful memory that Dr Oyler's son has made.
A visual tribute for I imaging Great, Great, Grandchildren and beyond

03-19-20 04:08PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Skipper
https://www.thetelegram.com/sports/...volving-426367/

Here is a story from The Telegram in St. John's about Gushue's team not changing.

\

Ah Jamie Korab, we remember you well.

03-19-20 04:31PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Yes she’s curling at the University games but sensibly focussing on her studies

03-19-20 06:19PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

Found it, wow:

http://bobweeksoncurling.blogspot.c...e-splainin.html

Adding a final log to the smouldering fire, after talking to both skips and Philp, the official who was first summonded to the ice by Jones actually ended up ruling in favour of Flett, a decision which proved to be unpalatable to Jones.

She stood there, nonplussed for a few minutes, arms crossed, tapping her toe, glaring at the official, but rather than stepping back on the ice and resuming the game, she threw down the gauntlet and demanded to speak to the Director immediately. The Director was a legendary curler from Sask., Don Campbell, who stated he had not been watching the game but after talking to the two skips and Philp made an instant decision in favour of Jones.

Following the game when Campbell was asked by the Press why he made that decision, they said he mumbled something like ' because the show must go on.' Thereafter he refused to answer any questions whatsoever regarding that incident.

03-19-20 07:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

Adding a final log to the smouldering fire, after talking to both skips and Philp, the official who was first summonded to the ice by Jones actually ended up ruling in favour of Flett, a decision which proved to be unpalatable to Jones.

She stood there, nonplussed for a few minutes, arms crossed, tapping her toe, glaring at the official, but rather than stepping back on the ice and resuming the game, she threw down the gauntlet and demanded to speak to the Director immediately. The Director was a legendary curler from Sask., Don Campbell, who stated he had not been watching the game but after talking to the two skips and Philp made an instant decision in favour of Jones.

Following the game when Campbell was asked by the Press why he made that decision, they said he mumbled something like ' because the show must go on.' Thereafter he refused to answer any questions whatsoever regarding that incident.

Sad day for curling, worse for Flett.

Can a lawyer lose their right to argue their case when 100's of witnesses have seen her lie? Hmm.

03-19-20 07:38PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Given that only a few instances have been raised here, reflects how very rare disputes erupt re burnt rocks after watching thousands of games. In both the Jennifer or Rachael instances I don’t side with the girls. Unfortunately the rules get in the way when common sense is thrown out the window. The way I interpret the rule, the first number of rules refer to resolving it amicably which is most often the case and works well. However, in the event a amiable solution cannot be reached by the two teams involved the penalty can be determined by the aggrieved team as set out in rules. Used very rarely and my memory is that in both instances the skips were totally out of sorts and given a different time, they likely would have handled it differently.

03-19-20 08:21PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

As per Team Laura Walker's social media, there will be changes being made.

We had a great first year together, but there will be some changes to our team next season.

Stay tuned for an announcement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TeamLWalker/sta...791257879699458

03-19-20 08:25PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

We had an incident in the brier game between NO and AB.
Brad Jacobs, an ultra competitive skip, stepped back and touched a stone in the house. The TV cameras did not see, in fact I am not sure if anyone seen it. He IMMEDIATELY informed Bottcher. They resolved the incident to the best of their ability, Bottcher did not try to improve his position, and he acted with class and dignity.
There lies the difference. Class dignity, fair play, integrity, sportsmanship and an understanding of the spirit of curling.
I know that this was not a running rock, but the same principles apply.

03-19-20 10:20PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
As per Team Laura Walker's social media, there will be changes being made.

We had a great first year together, but there will be some changes to our team next season.

Stay tuned for an announcement tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TeamLWalker/sta...791257879699458

Interesting! Predictions anyone? 😊

03-19-20 10:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

either cameron is teaming up with carey and a front end to be determined or she's going back to manitoba to join wilson and westcott and a skip to be determined

brown and ferguson to join walker

03-19-20 11:09PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

I could see Cameron with Carey and the Wilson Westcott combo.

03-19-20 11:09PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
either cameron is teaming up with carey and a front end to be determined or she's going back to manitoba to join wilson and westcott and a skip to be determined

brown and ferguson to join walker

Carey, Cameron, Wilson and Westcott makes too much sense.

03-19-20 11:13PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
I wasn't in Gimli when Cathy O & JJ "acted up", I don't know the Brianne lady who was sparing for Kerri Flett (Einarson) but I'm pretty sure the rules read the offending player/team has to make first step indicating either a running or resting stone has been moved.

Not all folks are as self-aware or ultra-focused as CathyO or Jennifer, Flett's girl could be one?

It appears Cathy O & Jen were incensed that the opposing player wouldn't "confess" to her "cirmes" that they decided to act up in order to draw attention to the sheet.

There were obviously no TV cameras to provide evidence, just Cathy & JJ's strongly held opinion the player had moved the resting stone, allowing for the takeout to succeed.

Here's where I agree with JJ & Cathy. They both (not one, both) saw something that indicated moving the guard. The player wouldn't fess up. No cameras. The other players on Team Flett said nothing. So one inexperienced player was causing a 5 point differential on one end.

But if the player in question is resolute in refusing to admit or confess to an infraction, digging down on believing their own truth - NOTHING CAN BE DONE. NOTHING SHOULD BE DONE.

Jones success in bringing a distracted and obviously semi-disturbed higher official out on the ice enabled a REVERSAL OF DECISION, prolly effected the game outcome.

But I want to say this. Nowhere in the 20+ years Jennifer Jones & Cathy Overton have been on the curling scene have I had any doubts to their honesty and veracity. This was a one-off situation - an inexperienced curler freezing up under fire.

Jones & Cathy looked like villainous heels in Plett's hometown. Rightly so. The official was a bit of a smudge.

The rules were exposed as very pliable.

It was NOT A GOOD DAY FOR CURLING.

But I have no doubt whatsoever that Jones & Cathy saw a guard moved by an opposing brusher.

A novel in defense of Jones whilst trying to drag down Cathy O at the same time.

2 questions solves all.

1. Did you touch that rock?

No

2. Are you sure?

Yes.

Done

03-19-20 11:29PM
Saskvet
Hitting Paint

quote:

A novel in defense of Jones whilst trying to drag down Cathy O at the same time.

2 questions solves all.

1. Did you touch that rock?

No

2. Are you sure?

Yes.

Done

Totally agree

03-19-20 11:39PM
Regina_curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Regina_curler Click here to Send Regina_curler a Private Message Find more posts by Regina_curler Add Regina_curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Regina_curler
Knee-Slider

quote:
I thought Walker might have been #2 choice to fill Lisa Weagle's departure. . . . but she's at least a half foot shorter than Lisa - perhaps 20 to 25 lbs. lighter and while a very good shooter she's not what a team like Homan required in terms of master-blaster brushing.

As for landing spots for Walker - I'd clearly advise her to steer clear of the Careys; otherwise opportunity awaits . . . .

Kelsey Rocque and Schmiemann reunite with Taylor McDonald and Abby Marks comes in to play lead.

Laura Walker promotes Nadine Scotland to third, brings in Ferguson and Brown to front end.