Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

World Curling Report

Curling Scores

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > ont playdowns

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-07-19 12:04PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by tubby
I am a little suspicious about the statement that many people already apologized.
Agree. Homan has made a big thing of it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-07-19 12:24PM
Gallan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gallan Click here to Send Gallan a Private Message Find more posts by Gallan Add Gallan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gallan
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

OOOORRRRR play by the CURRENT rules rather than take advantage of loopholes and CC looking the other way.

CURRENT rules do not allow you to play for your birth province, it's irrelevant. That's at least until the next Olympic cycle when CC gets pressured by top teams, sponsors and television rights, to bend over once again.

Don't get me wrong, as stated here many times before, I'm a huge fan of Team Homan, Best team in Canada, one of the best ever.....BUT what makes them think they don't have to play by the same CURRENT rules as everyone else in the country?

Team Homan has played by the CURRENT rules. You may not LIKE the rules, but THEY are CLEAN.

02-07-19 01:46PM
Island Roger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Island Roger Find more posts by Island Roger Add Island Roger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Island Roger
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Again I ask what teams are violating this (I don't consider Homan violating it as per the residential requirements) (ridiculous and dated) residential requirement?

Love the sassy response from Courtney to the heckler!

https://twitter.com/saxwithmatt/sta...eGlJoUKZ1FN5P2Y

Give your head a shake man. There are a lot of examples out there. You just need to dig a little. Wait until Nunavut gets with the program. Can you picture Johnny Mo (for example) in a red and yellow jacket. It could happen !

The fact that were having this conversation year after year is reason enough to implement some hard and fast rules for, "I REPEAT", two weeks a year. Let them do whatever they want on the WCT and Olympics.

It might actually add a little drama to the Brier / Scotties when you have a big "Homan vs Miskew" match for example.

It would be good for curling, it might expose us to some high caliber players that otherwise wouldn't get discovered.

02-07-19 03:05PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
. The team is also involved in juniors programs.

What the H$$L does working with juniors have to do with abusing residency rules?

02-08-19 02:22AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Click here to Send On The Nose a Private Message Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

What the H$$L does working with juniors have to do with abusing residency rules?

I agree.
Perhaps the poster means that because the Homan team is involved with the junior program, they must do everything else in their lives well and properly...

Would that be a junior program in Ontario or one in Alberta that they are involved with?
(Oh, dear - am I now guilty of 'bullying'??)

Absolutely ridiculous...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-08-19 05:05AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

where theres smoke - theres often fire

electing rachel sportsman of the year tells me that a lot of voters liked the idea enough to follow through - says quite a lot about what they think of that team - id say not loved ! - for many reasons

02-08-19 07:53AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

What I meant is what they do for the sport; what they contribute to it outside of playing in it.

02-10-19 08:46AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

"Oh, dear - am I now guilty of bullying??" On The Nose 02/08/19

Not at all Dearie. Everybody is well aware you're just being being you silly, smart ass self !!

02-10-19 10:26AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

silly smart ass self ???

take a hike

he is exactly right - they ALL do all charity stuff to earn a sponsor chip - many regular curlers are awesome with their time in junior development - for the last 100 years - ken wat6son being the first i remember , judge mctavish at the granite in the 50s being the second

if u win a scot or brier and are funded for $100,000/ team per year and get wild cards , byes and passes into next event - u better volunteer some time