Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-04-19 03:42AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

My experience has been I log in, I go to account settings, set my preferences and save them. Whilst I'm in the same session it works. As soon as i leave the CZ page and come back, nothing. Nothing was saved, still have to login, and none of the preferences were saved, going on forever, or at least a year. I never had a problem until I tried to update after other CZ members said they were having problems. Again, I say, I should never have tried to change it.

Still though, frustrating.

Please give it another try. Changed a seeking on your account related to cookies, want to see whether that helps.

Guido, did same for you too. Try it again. And let me know.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-04-19 05:58AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Please give it another try. Changed a seeking on your account related to cookies, want to see whether that helps.

Still won't save any options when I change the settings once I close out and come back in

04-04-19 10:34AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

I save modifications and go right back in to edit again and nothing is saved.

04-04-19 12:39PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Grapefruit pop, your losing your fizz.

04-05-19 12:03AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Stuart Thompson lineup change:

Skip: Stuart Thompson
Third: Colten Steele
Second: Cameron MacKenzie
Lead: Travis Colter

https://twitter.com/TeamThompsonNS/...816899060678658

04-07-19 08:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

CTRS Points

When the teams make changes, does anyone know the CC rules for points retained and or transferred? I "thought" if you have 3 of your 4 original players you keep all your points. Is this true or do lose 1/4 of your points and add the points for the incoming player? Does anyone have the factual answer as opposed to conjecture? I've searched CC website....zip.

04-08-19 11:00AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Fresh off FaceBook: Ryan Fry has found a home...with John Epping! As his third. Craig Saville is now a free agent and I guess Matt Camm is moving down to lead or second.

Will be very interesting to watch this team.

04-08-19 11:01AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Fry to join Epping's team. Did not see that one coming at all.

http://www.oneelevenmg.com/team-epp...19-2020-season/

04-08-19 11:18AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

One important member is leaving the curling scene. Jamie Bourassa has said that the worlds in Lethbridge was his last job as head ice technician. Enjoy retirement Jamie.

04-08-19 11:21AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Fry

He can set the record for most different provinces/ associations at 4

04-08-19 11:30AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Wow, didn't see that change happening. Wishing Craig the best in his future endeavors as well. According to Craig's twitter feed he was dropped from the team and John made Brent break the news to him.

https://twitter.com/CraigSavill/sta...295557449322498

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 04-08-19 at 02:21PM

04-08-19 05:18PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Wow, didn't see that change happening. Wishing Craig the best in his future endeavors as well. According to Craig's twitter feed he was dropped from the team and John made Brent break the news to him.

https://twitter.com/CraigSavill/sta...295557449322498

So the skip,had his close friend do instead of doing it himself? Surprised they kept the weak link Camm instead of Saville...

04-08-19 06:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

So the skip,had his close friend do instead of doing it himself? Surprised they kept the weak link Camm instead of Saville...

No surprise. Camm and Epping have been tight for quite a few years now. Epping seems to have blinders on when it comes to Camm.

04-08-19 06:37PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I'm surprised that Brent's staying, given how was was the one to break the news to Craig.

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 04-08-19 at 06:44PM

04-08-19 08:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I would guess that Brent offered to tell Savill. Better to hear from a life long friend than a guy you've played with 4-5 months. Awkward last couple slams I bet.

04-08-19 09:15PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

In my opinion it is Brent Laing that has not curled very well the last couple of years. Especially last year with Koe in the Olympic year. I believe his up weight skills have diminished slightly. Koe is better off with Flasch starting a new Olympic cycle and it also freed Koe up calling the game not having Laing around. However, I do believe that Ryan Fry can help the Epping team just not sure the player moved off was the right one.

04-09-19 07:57AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

Not a fan of the addition of Fry to Epping’s team. Will find it hard to cheer for Epping now. I know you make changes to become a better team, but, I’m also a believer you want to play with good people.

04-09-19 09:33AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Looks like Skip Epping and J. ( Are you Watching Me Now? ) Jones have more in common than I thought. Neither had the resolve, the guts to meet face to face with the person they were about to fire so they decided to send a messenger instead.

Just how tactless can you get?

04-09-19 02:41PM
nervous_times21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nervous_times21 Click here to Send nervous_times21 a Private Message Find more posts by nervous_times21 Add nervous_times21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nervous_times21
Harvey Hacksmasher

Deliverer - one could just as easily imagine Epping talking it over with Laing - and that Laing thought this was the best course of action for his good buddy.

If anything, your comment is more of an insult of Laing, who you imply would just go do John's "tactless" bidding (and then be OK to keep playing with him after...).

Unless you know more of the story?

04-09-19 07:10PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Epping, Savill statement on CBC.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...hange-1.5091183

04-09-19 08:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

As I suggested earlier, Laing wanted to be the one to break the news. Epping not the same as Jennifer Jones. Always tough when there are team changes, but it's been happening forever. Just a bit different with a few high profile players involved. All the best to Craig and hope he finds a good team for next year. I bet it won't take long. And so the changes continue....

04-09-19 08:57PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

From CBC https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...hange-1.5091183

04-10-19 09:13AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

" Deliverer - one could just as easily imagine Epping talking it over with Laing - and that Laing thought this was the best course of action for his good buddy." nervous-times 04/09/19

Just as Jones was wrong back in 2010 when she sent a messenger to "O", Epping was equally incorrect to allow Laing to become the messenger earlier this week.

While it might have been admirable for Laing to make this offer, he of all people should have known it was not appropriate and Epping, in turn, should have rejected that suggestion immediately. It was Epping's responsibility to make the call and his alone. What he did was inexcusable and that's why he and Laing are taking the heat now.

And it really doesn't matter if you're in the corporate world or the world of sports, downsizing should never be handled by an "old friend" or a "drinking buddy." Period.

04-10-19 08:12PM
Jayelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jayelle Find more posts by Jayelle Add Jayelle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jayelle
Harvey Hacksmasher

Deliverer,

Would you mind recounting how Jones went about replacing Overton Clapham, please? It was at least 9 years ago and I’m not aware of how that went down.

04-10-19 08:19PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

I'm in agreement with Deliverer here. Not only is there a proper, classy way to handle this, it's also just bonehead stupid to announce the change when the season is still on and you have an important event left to play for CTRS points in the Olympic Trials hunt.

Seriously, what's to stop Craig Saville from waiting for a crucial moment/game at the Players Championship (just another close shop cashspiel for the rich kids) and when Epping is in the hack just before he throws Saville looks at him, says:

'Hey, why don't you get your new buddy Fry to come sweep this for you?' and then walk off the ice?

Not only would it be karma for Epping but it would be hilarious (BTW, I saw the exact same thing happen in a late season cashspiel many years ago in BC. The player who pulled the stunt got high fives as they walked off the ice and didn't have to buy a drink for the rest of the night).

Bottom line is I appreciate teams want to make changes but there is always a right way to handle things. Just because the stakes are higher doesn't entitle anyone to act like a dick.