Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-27-21 03:44PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Third end showed where Weagle was so valuable to Homan just for her weight judging ability. Miskew threw perfect weight for comearound but out of her hand the front end called 4-5 and started sweeping hard. They killed it early and it ended up being a 7 and open. Then on Homan's last they went hard early and it ended up heavy again. If Miskew's shot buries they have a great chance at 2 and if Homan's last is made it's 2-1 which is a big difference from 3-0.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-27-21 04:25PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

As well as Team Jones is playing, I'd still get drunk if I was playing the Jones drinking game.... take a shot every time she says sorry, or my fault.

02-27-21 05:20PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
My pep talk to Jones obviously worked.

Never, ever seen Rachel whipped 'n bombed so badly since she came on the scene as a baby curler! YIKES!

Some criticism of Homan. Down 9-1 playing 9 and she continues on . . . ! ! ! Is she punch-drunk? You gotta go rest girl . . . don't ya think?

I’ve noticed the Homan front end jumps every rock without any form of judgement. Rachel must be exhausted after her long games yesterday. However Jones was very motivated today along with her team. That must have been some team meeting last night!

02-27-21 06:28PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

scotties winner

Has anyone figured out who gets the spot to the Roar of the Rings from the Scotties. I'm thinking it is now Laura Walker's team.

02-27-21 06:29PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Never, ever seen Rachel whipped 'n bombed so badly since she came on the scene as a baby curler! YIKES!

And when was the last time you saw her 8 months pregnant in the championship around at a Scotties? Put 40 pounds around your belly and you would never get up from a chair.

02-27-21 11:24PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Re: scotties winner

quote:
Originally posted by shirleyc
Has anyone figured out who gets the spot to the Roar of the Rings from the Scotties. I'm thinking it is now Laura Walker's team.

Don't quote me but it's not based Scotties finish but some sort of 1 year 2 year combined CTRS points vs teams not already qualified? It's very confusing to say the least. Very difficult as most teams didn't play this year. Not to worry, they'll make the criteria based on curling Canada"s favourites, and make sure they qualify, seriously. They've done it many times in years past, including a weight standard, for those of us that can remember the Werenich years, so no doubt they will keep up the tradition....as CC we'll pick, shut up.

02-27-21 11:46PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Outstanding job by Jones today. How many teams could beat Homan and Einarson in back to back must win games? Jones and Hasselborg and that's about it.
If she beats them both again tomorrow after winning a tiebreaker it's the greatest Scotties victory of all time. Tall order but again, how many teams are capable? 2 and she's 1 of em.

02-27-21 11:53PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

And when was the last time you saw her 8 months pregnant in the championship around at a Scotties? Put 40 pounds around your belly and you would never get up from a chair.

ML Is such an a$$. Just block him. Doing so will make coming to CZ a pleasure.

02-28-21 01:04AM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Outstanding job by Jones today. How many teams could beat Homan and Einarson in back to back must win games? Jones and Hasselborg and that's about it.
If she beats them both again tomorrow after winning a tiebreaker it's the greatest Scotties victory of all time. Tall order but again, how many teams are capable? 2 and she's 1 of em.

Jones & team won two games I thought they would lose Saturday. Two good games from Kaitlyn Lawes. Sunday they have to get past Walker (who beat them in the championship round) before getting another crack at Einarson and then Homan. Can't see it. 24 hour break should give Rachel Homan some much-needed rest. This is her third Scotties final in succession; no mean feat win or lose.

02-28-21 08:27AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

agree . not many could defeat homan and einarson back to back. jones and hasselborg for sure. i might add muirhead to that.

very impressive by jones. the thing with her, and she's demonbstarted it her entire career is that when sh'es back against the wall she brings out her best. she's won more than one of her scotties going the long way . when she gets going on a roll she's next to impossible to stop .no one really wants to face jen when she gets in that zone

should be a great day tomorrow.

i dont know what to expect with rachel. to me she herself has looked tired since the beginning of the championship pool. she managed to eek out 2 wins against quebec and flarey but she just hasnt looked like herself. not having to play more than 1 game today may help . she'll get some rest that, to me it looks like she really needs

02-28-21 09:31AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

While we all go on about Rachel, I also feel for Laura who is looking after a 7 month old between games and may be having interrupted sleep too. Yet she’s done quite well.

02-28-21 12:01PM
skeebop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeebop Find more posts by skeebop Add skeebop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeebop
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jennifer Jones
Born in Manitoba , Kaitlyn born in Manitoba
Jocleyn is born in Alberta lives in Alberta
Weagle born in Ontario lives in Ontario

What do I have wrong there?

02-28-21 01:02PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I noticed that JJs team walked 10 feet behind her as they left the ice...

02-28-21 01:06PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Sunday 2 teams in playoff this morning must play 3 games in 12 hours to win scott

1 team must win 2 games

How ridiculous - what idiots planned this AGAIN

Yes it is bad scheduling. They want people to take curlers as serious athletes and then they have a playoff schedule that may make one team curl 9 hours in a 13 hour period. It's easily avoidable, just have one game Saturday and leave Sat night open for the tiebreaker.

Last edited by hogged again on 02-28-21 at 01:08PM

02-28-21 01:17PM
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I noticed that JJs team walked 10 feet behind her as they left the ice...

That was a poorly played and poorly called last end. Weagle left a high guard, Kaitlyn and JJ both overthrew hits and the call was the freeze to sit 2 with Lawes last. Walker's team really put those 2 draws in the exact right spot and were full value for the 3.

02-28-21 01:18PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Jen says more in body language than she does verbally. I really don't care who wins now but of course I'll be cheering for Ontario. Great game by Walker and her team. I'll be tuning in for sure at 1:30 local time. Good curling and all the best to the three remaining.

02-28-21 02:40PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by skeebop
Jennifer Jones
Born in Manitoba , Kaitlyn born in Manitoba
Jocleyn is born in Alberta lives in Alberta
Weagle born in Ontario lives in Ontario

What do I have wrong there?

I do know that Peterman at one time moved to Manitoba when she started curling with Jones. Not sure if that is still the case.

02-28-21 02:57PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Can't help thinking if she had

only taken a few more seconds

in the hack concentrating on

hitting the broom with the correct

speed instead of wiping off the

hand sweat on her knee and

fluffing up her hair for the

umpteenth time, she just might

have made that last rock.

02-28-21 07:29PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Can't help thinking if she had

only taken a few more seconds

in the hack concentrating on

hitting the broom with the correct

speed instead of wiping off the

hand sweat on her knee and

fluffing up her hair for the

umpteenth time, she just might

have made that last rock.

Jenn has used that procedure for at least 20 years. Throwing her last rock in 10th end probably not the best time to change.

02-28-21 10:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

einarson is 3 ends away from a 2nd consecutive scotties title. yet she will still have zero appearances at a world championship. thats sad and unfair

02-28-21 11:10PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Hero vs zero, Play the score board. Again where was the coach, waving their arms in the air, just like the boys in the bright white sports car.

02-28-21 11:19PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

I know the pressure is tremendous, but you can't hog a rock in the 10th end of a tied National Championship game. And of course, TSN was away at commercial for the decisive moment, so we just have to accept the explanation that it picked?

You can't not show the key shot, even if it's just a replay. TSN showed about 9 hours of coverage everyday for over a week and missed the 9 seconds that counted the most.

Both teams are championship caliber. Really happy to see a rivalry building.

02-28-21 11:57PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
einarson is 3 ends away from a 2nd consecutive scotties title. yet she will still have zero appearances at a world championship. thats sad and unfair

I agree and it does not seem right to feel bad for the team that has won the Scotties title two years in a row. Too bad that the women's worlds could not be played after the 2 Slams are done in the bubble. I know that might be silly but the structure is there at least. Just grasping.

03-01-21 12:07AM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy

I agree and it does not seem right to feel bad for the team that has won the Scotties title two years in a row. Too bad that the women's worlds could not be played after the 2 Slams are done in the bubble. I know that might be silly but the structure is there at least. Just grasping.

According to CBC curling reporter Devin Heroux that is exactly what is being planned. With most of the necessary teams In Calgary already for the Slams they will run it end of April/early May.

03-01-21 12:26AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Beautiful tribute to Canadian life and the Scotties narrated by Vic Rauter to end the event.

Wonderfully written, beautifully read.

Thanks TSN & crew for working in a bubble and providing us some great bubble gum!

ML, come up for air. More posts per minute than Shreddies. If Einarson did not win today and come back again as Team Canada, Jones may have seen her last Scotties ever. With the good up and coming teams as well as Fleury, Jones' only way to the Scotties is to buy her way there with all her sponsor money and play 10-15 events and hope for enough points for a wildcard spot. Most teams can't afford that much time off work or travel expense, because they DO work full time. After this Olympic run, her team will disband. She'll wait a few years and come back in seniors.