Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
09-27-22 07:53PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

Shoes for beginner

Looking into purchasing my own shoes for my bi-annual trips to the Karuizawa curling center going forward. I didn't realize that there was so much variety!

Any suggestions on what would be most appropriate, or can I just go with whatever is cheapest?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-26-22 10:12PM
nickfury23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickfury23 Find more posts by nickfury23 Add nickfury23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickfury23
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hi, I want to tell you how very lucky I am. Recently, while surfing the internet, I came across an advertisement with cool hoodies. When I went there I couldn't believe my eyes. They were the very hoodies that Billie Eilish wears. Not many people know this brand well now I want to share with you. Go to https://heavenlyfamily.com/category/unisex/hoodies/ .

10-27-22 03:23AM
Mark23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark23 Find more posts by Mark23 Add Mark23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark23
Knee-Slider

stiffer one

Hi , I am a beginner and recommend you to go for a stiffer one . No matter you are beginner or a expert , stiffer ski will help you to get the edge to edge quickly and help you to carve faster .

10-27-22 10:33AM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

Buy the "fastest" shoe that you can afford if you think you will stick with curling for the future. Faster traditionally means thicker slider. Beginner shoes have very thin teflon that hurt overall performance as you get better. So if you go cheap, then likley you will outgrow your shoes within a year. And since your shoes should last you several, I would go for something with a fast slider, like 1/4" teflon. I have seen way too many beginner curlers who buy beginner shoes, and then 1 year later end upo buying the high end shoes. And truthfully you will adjust quickly.

Outside of that, I like an all leather shoe. SOme of the shoes with cloth uppers will get heavy wear and not last as long.

11-01-22 08:53AM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlky
Buy the "fastest" shoe that you can afford if you think you will stick with curling for the future. Faster traditionally means thicker slider. Beginner shoes have very thin teflon that hurt overall performance as you get better. So if you go cheap, then likley you will outgrow your shoes within a year. And since your shoes should last you several, I would go for something with a fast slider, like 1/4" teflon. I have seen way too many beginner curlers who buy beginner shoes, and then 1 year later end upo buying the high end shoes. And truthfully you will adjust quickly.

Outside of that, I like an all leather shoe. SOme of the shoes with cloth uppers will get heavy wear and not last as long.

Thanks a lot for the well thought out post! I'll decide on this later this month, but will definitely keep this advice in mind.

11-13-22 05:18AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

Ended up going with the Goldline G50 Fuego. Probably won't get to try them out until the new year, but looking forward to it!

Didn't get the toe coating, let's see if I come to regret that.