Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 26 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-20-22 09:06PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
the weight shaming of our athletes

To be fair, this is still happening today across all sports. There are many horrific stories of coaches starving their athletes, etc. Whatever Hansen did to a few overweight middle aged men was nothing compared to what is still going on around the world right now to very young children and teenagers.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-20-22 09:27PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Gushue responds to podcast.

https://www.tsn.ca/olympic-medallis...NfgaGg
e0

03-20-22 09:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

On behalf of the overweight middle aged men I take offence to that. Men are people too. For you to take this so lightly is just the problem we have today.

Okay insert a bit of sarcasm here. But seriously,it shouldn’t be just men or just women but all. Not just in sports but life in general. Seriously. To minimalize it to a few men is bad enough. Should have been no one. Can you imagine if he said the ladies have to lose weight. It should never had happened, and after it did, all involved should have been held accountable and they were not. Why? #money

03-20-22 10:01PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

To be fair, this is still happening today across all sports. There are many horrific stories of coaches starving their athletes, etc. Whatever Hansen did to a few overweight middle aged men was nothing compared to what is still going on around the world right now to very young children and teenagers.

First off, he did it specifically targeting two world champions who had a history of standing up to him. I was there, I played in the trials and the short term, literally starvation diet they went on to meet the unsubstantiated criteria drastically affected their abilities.

And it makes absolutely NO difference of it was middle aged men, teens or adult women. He didn't care about their abilities just how they appeared. Weight shaming has no business in any sport and your 'to be fair' comment to try and brush off the truth? Pretty sad.

03-20-22 10:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

First off, he did it specifically targeting two world champions who had a history of standing up to him. I was there, I played in the trials and the short term, literally starvation diet they went on to meet the unsubstantiated criteria drastically affected their abilities.

And it makes absolutely NO difference of it was middle aged men, teens or adult women. He didn't care about their abilities just how they appeared. Weight shaming has no business in any sport and your 'to be fair' comment to try and brush off the truth? Pretty sad.

Here Here. Thank you. The new me too Years later.
Let’s see where it goes.

03-20-22 10:14PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Wasn't Warren Hansen the guy who thought putting all star teams together for an Olympic Trials event to select the rep for the 88 Olympics? The guy who thought it was a primo idea to have skip Bob Ursel play lead for Eugene Hritzuk? Wasn't he the control freak who the players all despised back in the day? The guy who's been saying for years the US will soon pass Canada in curling excellence? Clown car driver.

03-20-22 10:35PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:

Yes, the weight shaming of our athletes. Can you imagine telling and/or borderline enforcing players to lose weight, or they can’t play. It’s all about how they “look”. Well done warren. If it was today’s game, even 15 years ago, he’d be fired and sued. The real question is, how did he get away with it? Thankfully Werenich said stuff it.

The Wrench actually played in those trials. He was one of the ones told to lose weight to play and I think he lost the semi to Lukowich.
I think Hackner and Lang were invited and told they would be given a new front end and they said whole team goes or nothing.

03-20-22 10:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
Wasn't Warren Hansen the guy who thought putting all star teams together for an Olympic Trials event to select the rep for the 88 Olympics? The guy who thought it was a primo idea to have skip Bob Ursel play lead for Eugene Hritzuk? Wasn't he the control freak who the players all despised back in the day? The guy who's been saying for years the US will soon pass Canada in curling excellence? Clown car driver.

Oh preach. I’ve been saying this for years. Hey Warren. Get ready. Pants to the ankles spanking for years of unruly treatment of all around you. Teams, players, fellow CC members, members of the member associations!! Nobody likes a bully. Time to bury under cover. Hey, can you hear your own voice saying omg I’m f’d from what I’ve done? I thought you could. Let all the statements come out. Like yours about the team changes not confirmed. Harsh? In this case I think not. Loooong time coming. Just ask around.

03-21-22 12:07AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Maybe a curler can release a podcast about how Warren needs a new brain.

03-21-22 12:44AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Maybe a curler can release a podcast about how Warren needs a new brain.

I’m sure there’s many. May take time to make sure they’re not scolded or skewered by CC. Either retired curler, or one that was screwed by CC. Or one that got away scot free. Can you say # Moskowy?
I thought you could.
As a father of a daughter, wtf, should be banned. Never curl again in any cc sanctioned event. Another “look at me” Imagine her father is looking at you? Just fade away. Do your best hyena and scurry away. Maybe Grampa Hansen can show you the way.

03-21-22 08:04AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

How did Martin even end up on a podcast with Hansen? They HATED each other back in the 90s.

03-21-22 08:42AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Honestly I don't see the big deal in team changes being spoiled. It happens in every team sport and they don't wine about it. Grow up

03-21-22 10:17AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Honestly I don't see the big deal in team changes being spoiled. It happens in every team sport and they don't wine about it. Grow up

You might want to read Gushue's statement. It's not the issue about releasing the line-up changes the pissed him off. It was Hansen and Martin (he's at equal fault for not correcting Hansen immediately) who took the line-up change story and then falsely told listeners that Gushue was trying to force the CCA to change eligibility rules just to suit him.

Do I care if sports casters discuss possible line-up changes? Or leak info? Nope. Not one bit. Although it's pure hypocrisy on Martin's part since he whined incessantly about his own team shuffle being leaked back in 2014.

But when two former world Champs, on their Sportsnet podcast, start putting blatant lies in another curlers mouth? Just so they can continue their agenda of trying to destroy the Brier?

Then, yeah, I think everyone should be concerned about those two being allowed to lie without being held to account.

03-21-22 10:29AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

My post wasn't really gushue specific. Though I do know he's not happy about his plans being leaked. I meant that in general statement, because you're right, I hadn't read his post.i agree 38tj what you said about Martin and Hansen too and one has to wonder what would drive them to say that

03-21-22 12:11PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

team Lawes, Njegovan, Peterman, McCuish

Announced by the team

03-21-22 12:29PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
team Lawes, Njegovan, Peterman, McCuish

Announced by the team

https://www.tsn.ca/kaitlyn-lawes-to...1774262?tsn-amp

Looks solid.

03-21-22 01:42PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Homan sticking together, new lead announced Friday: https://twitter.com/TeamHoman/statu...960225366585352

No residency issue for Ontario so they could pick anyone. IOf the current free agents there ae several good leads. Martin got this wrong but he had Rachelle Brown playing. All silence from Rocque so it's very possible that's true. I also like Taylor MacDonald for this team (Scotland too). Liz Fyfe could move down as well.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 03-21-22 at 01:44PM

03-21-22 02:34PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel
Homan sticking together, new lead announced Friday

This would be absolutely crazy, but Jamie Sinclair did play lead for Homan when they won 2007 Canada Winter Games. Sinclair hadn't represented USA since 2019.

03-21-22 03:25PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

Team Rocque announcing they will be staying together.

https://twitter.com/teamrocque/stat...
%3DTweet

03-21-22 03:25PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Rocque just announced they're sticking together: https://twitter.com/teamrocque/stat...986982387851280

So Homan can't get Ferguson or Brown. Liz Fyfe then?

03-21-22 04:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

How about Cheryl kreviazuk joining homan? She’s looking for a team and has been her alternate a few times over the years.

03-21-22 04:41PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Team Jeremy Harty calling it quits:

https://twitter.com/hathmyrna/statu...967346606915585

03-21-22 05:15PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
How about Cheryl kreviazuk joining homan? She’s looking for a team and has been her alternate a few times over the years.

I don't see it. I think that Lisa Weagle has a better shot to join team Homan than Cheryl.

03-21-22 06:24PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Tonight at 7 EST that curling show has guests Lawes Gushue Jacobs McCarville and Howard. I’ll guess lots of talk about new teams and changes and stepping back for a bit. Cbcsports YouTube

03-21-22 07:14PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

There's something so rude about airing this DURING a Team Canada game. They couldn't wait another hour? I know Colleen is an hour ahead but I doubt she's in bed by 9. Or maybe I'm being silly because everyone has it split screen like me.