Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-12-21 09:33PM
spider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spider Click here to Send spider a Private Message Find more posts by spider Add spider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spider
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
Who is Alberta’s top men’s team, guido?

The team is The Ferbey Four circa 2005......obviously

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-12-21 10:05PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Ice is getting bad again

If what Russ just suggested in the middle of the FIFTH FREAKIN' end that the ice is fudging up, then something is definitely wrong in Denmark. 5 ends? Really? Typical announcer excuse or realty terrible ice? You decide.
How many times have we heard the players say under their breath this ice is cr@p.

Maybe they should allow more time between events to prepare the ice. Why not just fill the ice with all the sponsors for all the events and only have to "make" the ice once. Super impose the major sponsors of each event on the background, along the boards, and digitally on the ice. Even put a cardboard cut out of Scotties and Tim"s behind each sheet.

Seems counter productive to remove/melt the ice after every event and start from scratch.

03-12-21 10:08PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Wayne being called "Gomer" by his mates. How insulting and demeaning is that? At least Jim Nabors could sing!!! lol

Anyways, Wayne should never have told his mates he was "playin' the scoreboard" in the 3rd end . . . ! ! !

Mr. Perfect barfed up 4 the very next end . . . ! ! ! - - - PLAYIN' THE SCOREBOARD . . . ! ! !

If you paid attention, or had any memory, you would know who Gomer is.

03-12-21 10:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Gomer is Scott, not Wayne

03-12-21 10:25PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

ML thinks nick names are insulting and demeaning. I can’t even.

03-12-21 10:54PM
spider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spider Click here to Send spider a Private Message Find more posts by spider Add spider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spider
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Wayne being called "Gomer" by his mates. How insulting and demeaning is that? At least Jim Nabors could sing!!! lol

Anyways, Wayne should never have told his mates he was "playin' the scoreboard" in the 3rd end . . . ! ! !

Mr. Perfect barfed up 4 the very next end . . . ! ! ! - - - PLAYIN' THE SCOREBOARD . . . ! ! !

As if Manitoba Reject is giving the Howard rink the business for giving a team mate a nickname.....thats the pot calling the kettle black. By the way, Scott Howard's nickname is Gomer, Wayne Middaugh's nickname is No Chin

03-12-21 10:55PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie
ML thinks nick names are insulting and demeaning. I can’t even.

Proving himself a hypocrit.
He does live in a different world.

03-12-21 11:01PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Excel,pts
Shows
Koe 130 ab pts
Harty 140 ab pts
Sturmay

Bt btcher not in top 15

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

These points are used for provincial qualifications.
Botcher didn’t need points as he returns as champion.
140>130

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tsn...79761%3ftsn-amp

Last edited by guido on 03-12-21 at 11:56PM

03-13-21 10:35AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

So many possibilities today but this is one interesting one: NO still controls their own destiny* despite being at 4 losses:

1) There’s 4 teams with 3 losses (SK, CA, ON, AB). Middaugh has 2 losses but plays CA and Koe today. Koe has 2 losses but I’m excluding him from this analysis as I don’t think he’s losing both games today.

2) NO plays SK and ON. They obviously have to win both. If they do, that means SK and ON have at least 4 losses as well.

3) AB plays CA in the late draw. That guarantees one of them ends with at least 4 losses.

4) So if NO wins both, they know that there would be a max of 3 teams with better records (Koe, Middaugh and the winner of AB/CA). They need one of those three teams to also drop to 4 losses. The most likely? As mentioned, Middaugh plays both CA and Koe today.

*The caveat to all of this is I have no idea of the current draw to the button standings which I understand would come into play if a pile of teams are tied for the last playoff spot at 4 losses (as they are only playing one tiebreaker).

03-13-21 11:16AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

LSD Scores

https://www.curling.ca/files/2021/03/LSD19.pdf

This is as of yesterday afternoon I believe

03-13-21 12:49PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Just lookimg for your evidence behind your comment that koe ad botcher were not the top 2 teams in alberta

Which they are even if harty beat them in a game this year

Koe bye to final
Howard v Epping

So sick of wc on score board

Sorry, I’m only reading the facts.

03-13-21 01:13PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Wayne being called "Gomer" by his mates. How insulting and demeaning is that?
A. . . ! ! !

This from a man who has given every female curler an insulting knickname? Too sad.

03-13-21 02:00PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Fun fact one pool won all the afternoon draw games and the other won all the night ones.
Middaugh losing after going up 4-1 (should've been 5-1) is beginning of the end for his team. 2 games vs best 2 teams in world today is steep hill, 4 losses may get him into tiebreaker.
Haven't seen a team like Epping that pretty much mocks the skip like they do. After one discussion one of the players asked another "how'd you make out?" in the debate with Epping over which shot to call. On another someone said derisively "this is a strategy I'm not familiar with" but they never stopped to ask why, they just threw the rock.
Hard to believe Camm was a decent 3rd, he is not a decent 2nd.
Koe is getting more assertive in the calls he wants and his team is backing off right away when they see that. No more politicking and much more "what do you like" which is why they are rising to the top.
Hoping for a tiebreaker, don't really have a preferred horse, just want to see an extra game.

Last edited by hogged again on 03-13-21 at 03:47PM

03-13-21 04:38PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

I know TSN hates switching games, but I still wish they would. Gushue is leading Middaugh 4-2 in the 7th with hammer. He probably ends up winning >95% of those situations, so watching it isn't very dramatic. Meanwhile, SK and NO are tied. I don't understand the loyalty to the original game as if viewers couldn't possibly care to adjust to a different one being shown.

03-13-21 05:57PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Russ

" glenn and wayne had the rocks matched unil they sanded them "

" depending on who wins tonight there is the potential for the guillotine to be wheeled out for the cca officials that scheduled this mess "

Me

Because it was CC's fault for not notifying Team Howard, the fair thing to do would be to not count this game's LSD towards the total. Use the lower of either this game's draw total, or the average of the previous games. I can only imagine the uproar if somehow there's a schmozzle at 8-4 and Howard is sent packing for having a lower LSD than the other tied teams. CC is holding their breath.

The real question is why did they see a need to sand the rocks again. All the teams were finally used to the combo of these rocks and the cr@ppy ice. Who made the call and why.

And one last thing "for now".... if the ice gets that cr@ppy by the 7th end, instead of a 5th end mopping do a quick pebble and nip? Gives them a chance to show a bit of another game for a few minutes, or more likely Tim's commercials telling us how terrible their coffee and eggs were all these year.

Actually, there's a 5 minute break at the fifth end, plenty of time.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 03-13-21 at 06:00PM

03-13-21 06:13PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
A totally disengaged Gunner gets brutalized and tormented by a Top 4 team - AGAIN. Wheels have fallen off badly for The Gunner. . . ! ! !

Still has a chance to bow out gracefully tonite - no chance at the Top 5 but he could finish anywhere from 6th to 8th overall.

The big thing is Gunner could serve as a massive spoiler for fellow Manitoban Matty Dunstone if he can topple SK tonite. Dunstone needs a win to assure at least a tie-breaker situation.

A win for Gunner - and he'd finish 2-2 in the championship round - not bad as I had him running off like a scalded dog, either 1-3 or 0-4.

Well Gunner can suck Dunstone into his hit blank game quite easily

03-13-21 06:37PM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

Possibilities

If Koe wins ,,,straight to final.
If Dunstone wins as well then he is in the semi playing the winner of Gushue and Bottcher. Everything else is complicated. If Dunstone loses there could be a four way tie for third with the winner of Bottcher and Gushue through but Middaugh, Dunstone, Epping and the loser of Bottcher and Gushue all in with a chance.

If Koe loses...I'm having trouble figuring it out.

03-13-21 06:56PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I'm sure Colleen will have figured out on That Curling Show with all her white boards tonight 730 EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGqxDK7bNss

Guests, Pat Simmons, The Nedohins and Earle Morris.

She and Devin are doing a great job.

03-13-21 07:13PM
shirleyc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shirleyc Click here to Send shirleyc a Private Message Find more posts by shirleyc Add shirleyc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shirleyc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Brier

I agree. I've really enjoyed the show Colleen and Devon put on. The interviews with the guests have been very interesting.

03-13-21 07:58PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Rumor has it that depending on tonights outcome final will be monday

Can't see that happening.

03-13-21 09:05PM
spider
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
IM GUESSING

koe in for bye game to final

if howard beats koe he gets a bye game to final

if howard loses he has 8 wins

bot v gus - winner will have 8

dun v gun - dun wins he has 8

epp v jac - epp wins he has 8

so poss of 4 with 8 wins

s0 they would 2 tie breaker sat

1 tie breaker sun morning

cept5 how do they determine 2nd place

can i pull lever on guillotine

ill pay $100

Wow, you are complicating things a lot or you really want to see a tie breaker

Bottcher-Gushue winner will be 9-3
Dunstone wins and he is also 9-3

03-13-21 09:19PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

It's all on Dunstone. If he loses there's a chance of multiple teams 8-4 depending on how it all unfolds. Could be over night tie breakers.

Back to rock gate. IF I was a conspiracy theorist..... I would think it's very possible that a couple of top teams pulled their weight in having CC have the rocks sanded. Thoughts?

When have rocks ever been sanded the day before the final? Alex I'll rake never for a 1000

03-13-21 09:42PM
spider
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
It's all on Dunstone. If he loses there's a chance of multiple teams 8-4 depending on how it all unfolds. Could be over night tie breakers.

Back to rock gate. IF I was a conspiracy theorist..... I would think it's very possible that a couple of top teams pulled their weight in having CC have the rocks sanded. Thoughts?

When have rocks ever been sanded the day before the final? Alex I'll rake never for a 1000

If Koe loses than there is probably four teams at 9-3

Rocks probably have never been touched up a day before the final but they are normally done before the weekend. The rocks were touched up before the championship draw, no? That was yesterday

03-13-21 09:46PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Rocks were done before today's afternoon draw

03-13-21 09:48PM
toeslider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toeslider Click here to Send toeslider a Private Message Find more posts by toeslider Add toeslider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toeslider
Harvey Hacksmasher

Gushue gave up a steal of 3 and yet he did not slam his broom and take out a chunk of ice. If ever there was a time....