Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

(WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!)
W: King Cash Spiel
Maple Ridge, BC
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 8:00pm PT
Kristen Ryan Final
Amy Wheatcroft (7)
Gushulak Final
Taylor Reese-Hansen (8)
Shiella Cowan Final
Shawna Jensen (8)
M: Lakeview Insurance Brokers Senior Men
Martensville, SK
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 7:00pm CT
Brian Humble Final
Jim Wilson (6) Watch Live Curling!
Lloyd Fell Final
Shawn Joyce (7) Watch Live Curling!
Eugene Hritzuk Final
Brad Heidt 10  (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Olympic Trials - Early Line

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-22-21 03:41AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Both Walker & Einarson featured classic croaks from each Olympic-challenging team.
Walker has never done much nationally since juniors, so her collapse was almost expected. Especially with panic-stricken Cameron at 3rd.
Einarson's croak was unexpected - but only if you look at her as a 2-time conqueror of R. Homan for the Canadian national title. However, ever since Einarson wobbled badly at the worlds, ever since she staggered into the Olympic trials with a shaky lead up record. . . . she's been terrible.
Thats why Homan was rated slightly ahead of her in the bookmaker odds. . . . and Fleury was rated far ahead. The bookmakers knew something was off. Shannon Birchard & Kerri are not holding up their end of the bargain.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-22-21 10:10AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

If Rachel and her mean girls want to get to another Olympic games - they know what to do.

6 games left in Trials.

4-2 down the stretch prolly won't be good enough; that would even her record at 4-4; unlikely 4-4 makes 3rd place (but mathematically possible)
5-1 down the stretch pretty much assures Homan a spot in the semi-finals with a 5-3 round-robin record.
So the mission is clear - she's only allowed 1 more loss prior to playoff seedings.
Can she do it? Certainly! Monsters don't die easily! Neither do mean girls!

Based on what I've seen so far - and its hard to extrapolate curling results to future games but based solely on what I've seen thus far;

Tracy Fleury will finish 8-1 or 7-2
Jennifer Jones may finish 7-2 or 5-3
Einarson, Scheidegger, Homan, Walker will frantically struggle to either 4-4 or 5-3 records.
My darkhorse, McCarville now looks 3-5, 4-4 at best. Very spotty play!

It really could get wild & wooly if Ms. Harrison keeps on keepin' on (they received a beautiful gane donation from Kerri Einarson yesterday), Harrison could easily get to 6-2 or 5-3 if she doesn't collapse along the way.

The one team I'm singling out for elimination (besides K Rocque) is K Einarson. Einarson's shooting skills are coming into question - in clutch and non-clutch situations alike! Could be as awful as 2-6 but more likely 3-5 or 4-4. Depends on when Val, Shannon & Bri quit on their skip.

11-22-21 10:25AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Harvey Hacksmasher

Why on earth would anyone call Miskew, Wilkes and Courtney "mean girls"? All extremely nice people and friendly on and off the ice.

As for the playoffs...I think 3 losses is your max (it usually is). Really hard to predict what will happen because so many people are getting wins out of really bad final end misses (hello Harrison, hello Jones). Harrison is not playing well enough to go 5-3 but she's been so lucky so far if they find their feet...maybe? I think Fleury/Jones/Scheidegger are the best looking right now but anyone except Rocque could come back if they just play consistently well.

On the men's side it's still so wide open. Gushue is maybe best so far simply because he's gotten through Bottcher and Koe unscathed. In theory he has one really tough team left (Jacobs) so they are well positioned if they just don't have a couple bad games. We'll see what they do agisnt Epping, a team they can usually beat but have lost to at the wrong times (hello 2020 Brier). Meanwhile Jacobs has maybe the best schedule with a great balance of tough and less tough all week. His first real game is Bottcher today but maybe no given Bottcher seems to be struggling.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 11-22-21 at 10:37AM

11-22-21 05:11PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Hitting Paint

Is Team Gushue still really well liked? Something about them leaves me cold now -- kind of like Team Jacobs used to make me feel. Now I like Jacobs more. I still like Koe the best, though. I think when Team Koe is firing on all cylinders, it's spectacular.

11-22-21 07:52PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Harvey Hacksmasher

Gushue is pretty much the fan favourite at every Brier after the home team. Personally I like all the teams, some more than others. Koe is just so difficult to watch, especially this new team. So stressful. And the talking. So much talking!

11-22-21 08:26PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jones is easily the most fun and entertaining women's team to watch - mostly due to the hi-wire act strategy and level of tension Jones' players show.

Mens game is mostly a game of house-stacking now. Not that interesting other than the outcome. Koe is the biggest monster the men's game has ever seen - even bigger than Kevin Martin.
But Koe is also pedantic, emotionless and time-consuming. Team Jacobs looks like a pack of bullies - thats why Gushue is so beloved. They have fun, they deploy good strategy and THEY WIN.

Einarson was my favorite when she was knocking off Mean Girls every year - but the bloom has come off the rose. Einarson is a tightly wound bundle of nerves - they are too often astounded by outcomes!

11-22-21 08:41PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Hitting Paint

Fleury up 4-0 early against McCarville. I fully anticipate TSN will stick with this game far too long with the outcome almost certain.

I know it's early, but they need to learn how to pull the plug. Dump this game and find something closer. You can jump back to this one if it tightens up, but until then, let's see something more interesting.

11-22-21 09:10PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Why do they wait so long to switch games. 7-0. Time to move on. Ftlog

11-23-21 01:36AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Surprised Erin Pincott in at third for Laura Walker. Cameron seemed fine yesterday but made a stupid move going out to sweep Walker's last rock that ended up being too heavy in game against Jones.

11-23-21 05:06AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

Kate wasn't well and Erin was filling in for her

11-23-21 05:31AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by alex
Surprised Erin Pincott in at third for Laura Walker. Cameron seemed fine yesterday but made a stupid move going out to sweep Walker's last rock that ended up being too heavy in game against Jones.

There was an explicit shakiness in the explanation. Obviously, the TSN mantra is everything's great, good, good, good.
But they felt required to supply an explanation for Kat Von C's (Cameron) disappearance. They didn't say she had tested positive for Covid19. They said the other team members were now being tested regularly as Kate had come down sick after the game. So there was a hint of covid in the air just because of the uncertain way they delivered the information. I suspect Curl Canada & Saskatchewan health authorities are engaged in a tug of war to suspend the trials. Hope not! But health is more important than anything. Right???

11-23-21 05:33AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I was switching between 'The Good Doctor' and Winnipeg Jets getting punked by Pittsburgh last night, but Cathy Gauthier had sounded sick the draw before. Didn't hear from her - did she come down with flu? Other?

11-23-21 05:42AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Casey Scheidegger put up an amazing struggle but a Jones team featuring Jones making a ton of shots, shots she usually muffs or goes half-shot was a bit too much for Scheidegger.

The Jones group looks as good with Weagle in the lineup or Dawn. Last nite it was Dawn. Prolly the 2 best leads in women's curling. Kaitlyn also appears rounding into form. Jones prolly needs one more win in the round-robin to secure a playoff spot.

Fleury in a similar position. Tracy looks fairly relaxed and comfortable calling her game. She's showing everyone why she was rated #1 coming into the thing.
Tracy usually flashes at least one hit per game and puts up a couple half-shots on other hits. Not so far. She even looks to have taken on a bit of a killer instinct.

With Einarson going wonky, Scheidegger on rubber legs & McCarville just about out of it - the door is open for Rachel Homan to run the round-robin table and inject herself into the playoff picture. Rachel needed a bit of early help from Kelsey Rocque last nite, Rocque missing an open draw for 3 to down a shaky Rocque team.

Suspect Homan & Harrison will come down to the wire for the final playoff spot.

11-23-21 05:54AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Hard decision for TSN tonite.
Whether to air unbeaten Fleury vs. 2-loss Homan
or
Unbeaten Jones vs. 2-loss Einarson.
Suspect the national interest will prevail and they'll abdicate showing the all-Manitoba affair and broadcast the Homan vs. Fleury.

In any event, the unbeaten leaders can put some big names out of their misery with victories.
Homan would go to 3 losses with a loss to Fleury; Einarson would be 2-3 if Jones racks her up.

11-23-21 06:54AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I was switching between 'The Good Doctor' and Winnipeg Jets getting punked by Pittsburgh last night, but Cathy Gauthier had sounded sick the draw before. Didn't hear from her - did she come down with flu? Other?

Yes she freely admitted to having a bad cold. I hope none of the players went near her. Pretty irresponsible of TSN to put her at ice level.

11-23-21 08:03AM
oliviertoisel
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

There was an explicit shakiness in the explanation. Obviously, the TSN mantra is everything's great, good, good, good.
But they felt required to supply an explanation for Kat Von C's (Cameron) disappearance. They didn't say she had tested positive for Covid19. They said the other team members were now being tested regularly as Kate had come down sick after the game. So there was a hint of covid in the air just because of the uncertain way they delivered the information. I suspect Curl Canada & Saskatchewan health authorities are engaged in a tug of war to suspend the trials. Hope not! But health is more important than anything. Right???

This is incorrect, btw. When the team announced yesterday Cameron was sitting out they specifically noted she had tested negative for COVID for the second time in four days. The catch was she was waiting for her PCR results so it is still possible. TSN correctly didn't over-play their reporting.

https://twitter.com/TeamLWalker/sta...940079874359300

Seems most likely she got afflicted with the old friend the common cold which is back at last in fall 2021...but we will see.

11-23-21 01:46PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by alex

Kate was having a blockbuster of a game and was dominating Kaitlyn Lawes until she fouled up one of her 3rd stones - then flubbed the weight call on Walker's last rock draw to the 8 for the win. Her high level of anxiety might have had some weight in the team pulling her out.

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 11-23-21 at 01:49PM

11-23-21 01:49PM
Maggie is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Kate was having a blockbuster of a game and was dominating Kaitlyn Lawes until she fouled up one of her 3rd stones - then flubbed the weight call on Rocque's last rock draw to the 8 for the win. Her high level of anxiety might have had some weight in the team pulling her from the ice.

Except that Kate doesn’t curl with Rocque.

11-23-21 01:50PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Yes she freely admitted to having a bad cold. I hope none of the players went near her. Pretty irresponsible of TSN to put her at ice level.

Cathy G. was in total denial. When Russ or Victor told her she sounded sick - she quickly pivoted and said she was "nasal" but was OK. That clearly wasn't the right thing to say!

11-23-21 02:40PM
lixit74 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lixit74 Click here to Send lixit74 a Private Message Find more posts by lixit74 Add lixit74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lixit74
Harvey Hacksmasher

The replay of that game is up on youtube now. If you re-watch the last shot, Kate did run up to help the sweepers, but she ended up only dusting... The sweepers pounded the rock from hog to hog, only to have it go 1 inch too far...

Sucks for sure, but dem's the breaks sometimes.

Team shot & they missed.

I seem to remember McEwen's team over cooking a draw to win the players championships a couple of years ago as well...

It's happened to all the teams out there one time or another...

11-23-21 02:54PM
JMan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMan Find more posts by JMan Add JMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMan
Harvey Hacksmasher

The sweepers actually called her to come help. A bit of panic involved but it happens....

11-23-21 05:50PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Kate was having a blockbuster of a game and was dominating Kaitlyn Lawes until she fouled up one of her 3rd stones - then flubbed the weight call on Walker's last rock draw to the 8 for the win. Her high level of anxiety might have had some weight in the team pulling her out.

Comment born of ignorance.

11-23-21 09:16PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Suspect TSN tall foreheads made a massive blunder selecting the all-Manitoba game tonite - Jones vs. Einarson.

Jones curling an astonishingly atrocious 20% - and Einarson starting to descend into Jones' abysmalocity.

Einarson & Val doing too much giggling and not enough curling. Jones racks them up for a 3-Bomb - prolly should have been 4 if Jones doesn't gas her first draw.

The real game tonite is Fleury vs. Homan. Once a monster, always a monster. I am beginning to think this year's trial final will be Fleury vs. Jones.

11-23-21 09:20PM
hogged again is online now Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

What is with Einarson's front end? Both draws in the 4th they say T-line right out of her hand. The first they sweep most the way and it ends up top 8. The second they don't touch and it ends up back 8.
Am I remembering right that Kleibrink was in 3 trials finals, winning 1?

11-23-21 09:24PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Suspect TSN tall foreheads made a massive blunder selecting the all-Manitoba game tonite - Jones vs. Einarson.

Jones curling an astonishingly atrocious 20% - and Einarson starting to descend into Jones' abysmalocity.

Einarson & Val doing too much giggling and not enough curling. Jones racks them up for a 3-Bomb - prolly should have been 4 if Jones doesn't gas her first draw.

The real game tonite is Fleury vs. Homan. Once a monster, always a monster. I am beginning to think this year's trial final will be Fleury vs. Jones.

So, Jones is curling 20%. Did you bother to look at the big picture? No, cause you love to pick on Jen, What is her front end doing to help her - nothing, they have hardly made a shot and by the time Jones shoots, she has something almost impossible.