Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

(WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!) (WATCH LIVE!)
W: King Cash Spiel
Maple Ridge, BC
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 8:00pm PT
Kristen Ryan Final
Amy Wheatcroft (7)
Gushulak Final
Taylor Reese-Hansen (8)
Shiella Cowan Final
Shawna Jensen (8)
M: Lakeview Insurance Brokers Senior Men
Martensville, SK
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Fri, Dec 3 -- 7:00pm CT
Brian Humble Final
Jim Wilson (6) Watch Live Curling!
Lloyd Fell Final
Shawn Joyce (7) Watch Live Curling!
Eugene Hritzuk Final
Brad Heidt 10  (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Olympic Trials - Early Line

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 20 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-13-21 10:17AM
guido is online now Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

The worst McCarville will be after 4 games - 2-3; she'll dispose of Jones with little to no problem. See Jones finishing up the trace at 2-5, 3-4 at best.
If she splits w/ Scheidegger & Homan she'll be 3-2. Like I said the game vs. Fleury is the one that most determines her fate.

I will bet my house that Krista will not be 2-3 after 4 games.
And, she will never finish 2-7 or 3-4.

Last edited by guido on 11-13-21 at 12:17PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-13-21 12:56PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

That’s a good bet. Even with the “new math” it’s impossible to be 2-3 after 4 games.

11-13-21 01:43PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:

The worst McCarville will be after 4 games - 2-3; she'll dispose of Jones with little to no problem. See Jones finishing up the trace at 2-5, 3-4 at best.

Anyone writing off Jones should think twice. She didn't become top 10 best all time by luck. Sure she has taken a step back but this trials is the one thing she has been focused on for the past 4 years. Scotties and Slams are fine but the Trials is The One. Jones will be totally focused coming in. There will be no confusion or calling down the ice for the team's input, she will be decisive and in charge, her ice will be better and those bad misses will be infrequent.
2-5 or 3-4 is not happening ( FYI they play 8 games), I would not be surprised at all to see her in the playoffs and the final.

11-13-21 02:47PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

Anyone writing off Jones should think twice. She didn't become top 10 best all time by luck. Sure she has taken a step back but this trials is the one thing she has been focused on for the past 4 years. Scotties and Slams are fine but the Trials is The One. Jones will be totally focused coming in. There will be no confusion or calling down the ice for the team's input, she will be decisive and in charge, her ice will be better and those bad misses will be infrequent.
2-5 or 3-4 is not happening ( FYI they play 8 games), I would not be surprised at all to see her in the playoffs and the final.

I'll update Jones to 3-5 or 4-4 at best. 4-4 might have a chance in the playoff round btw.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Jones might have 300 glory shots and some amazing wins under her belt but she's taken a bad turn for the worse. Chutzpah or pretending she's the all-time champion of champions may look good on TV but Jen's #1 weakness is not making key shots. #2 weakness is calling too high degree of difficulty shots for her front end, usually resulting in untimely misses. By the time Jones shoots the end is so convoluted Jones usually left with super difficult hero shots.

11-13-21 02:51PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I will say this. If Jones can pull off a double double heist, ie. repping Canada at another Olympic games at age 48 she'll cement her position as the greatest female skip Canada has ever produced.

If she can weedle another gold medal at these Olympics she'll easily go down as the world's greatest female curler of all time!

Love to see both happen. Just don't think its possible!

11-13-21 03:42PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Will there be any pools like they had for the Brier and Scotties last year for the trials?

11-13-21 04:36PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by alex
Will there be any pools like they had for the Brier and Scotties last year for the trials?

There’s only 9 teams so full round robin.

11-13-21 04:50PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I meant betting pools where you predict the winners of games both in round robin and playoffs and get points for correct picks.

Last edited by alex on 11-13-21 at 04:53PM

11-15-21 12:44PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Post by Team Laura Walker
🌟Welcome, Erin Pincott!🌟
We are thrilled to have Erin join us as our alternate player at the Olympic Trials in Saskatoon November 20-28, 2021!
We value Erin’s new role on our team as we know first hand what fire she can bring to her team. We have competed numerous times against Erin and her team as she plays third on Team Corryn Brown out of BC. We’re extremely fortunate to have Erin joining us in Saskatoon and are looking forward to having her on our side of the scoreboard for once.

11-16-21 04:33PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

And another 5th player gets announced - for Team Rocque this time: As we get set for the upcoming Tim Hortons Curling Trials, what better way to start than by adding one of Saskatchewan’s best as our fifth in Saskatoon? Welcome aboard Stef Lawton!! (📸 Clem Roy) #RocqueWithUs #RocqueThisWay #Trials2021

11-18-21 06:46PM
UnattachedFC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Hitting Paint

Coolbet has odds. If you don't know, - means you need to spend this amount of money to gain 100 back from the bet and + means if you bet 100$ you get the amount plus the original bet
Men
Gushue -110
Jacobs +265
Koe +520
Bottcher +595
McEwen +1700
Dunstone +2100
Gunnlaugson +6100
Epping +6500
Horgan +8800

Women
Fleury +150
Homan +235
Einarson +245
Jones +815
Walker +2700
McCarville +3000
Scheidegger +3200
Rocque +3400
Harrison +6600

I'm surprised Gushue is that much of a favourite. I expected him in the +150 range, but not really surprised at the other numbers. If you want to bet on Gushue, bet on Province to Win the Men's Trials, it's at +106 and gives you right now an out with Dunstone. On the women's side, I'm not surprised about the odds.

11-18-21 07:54PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

From The Hack says:
Multiple sources have told From the Hack that third Braeden Moskowy of Team Dunstone is expected to miss the 2021 Olympic Trials. He is expected to be replaced by Colton Lott who won two Canadian Junior championships with Dunstone in 2013 and 2016.

Colton ain't no slouch either. Mixed doubles multiple contender and well - yeah. He'll step up just fine.

Last edited by nelski on 11-18-21 at 08:16PM

11-18-21 08:02PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
From The Hack says:
Multiple sources have told From the Hack that third Braeden Moskowy of Team Dunstone is expected to miss the 2021 Olympic Trials. He is expected to be replaced by Colton Lott who won two Canadian Junior championships with Dunstone in 2013 and 2016.

I hope everything is ok with Braeden.

11-19-21 05:59AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
From The Hack says:

Colton ain't no slouch either. Mixed doubles multiple contender and well - yeah. He'll step up just fine.

Feel awful about Giant (Moskowy) missing the trials. Dunstone was my outside shot darkhorse after The Big 3.

11-19-21 06:05AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Odds are stubborn non-facts!

Having Fleury topping Homan in the odds board is unique - but the only choice based on this year's results.

Homan, Jones & Einarson have all added 'Early Exits' to their vast repertoire of traits this season. But like most say - the only spiel that counts this year START TOMORROW . . . ! ! !

Jones slotted #4 is the biggest surprise. To me, she's ripe to be the #5 to #7 seed.

Einarson prolly a bit miffed she was ranked 3rd, slightly behind Homan - the team she's managed to squash the last two straight Scotties finals.

But when it comes down to it. The only odds are the ones that says - PLAY YOUR GAMES, MAKE YOUR SHOTS + WIN, BABY WIN.

11-19-21 02:15PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Coolbet has odds. If you don't know, - means you need to spend this amount of money to gain 100 back from the bet and + means if you bet 100$ you get the amount plus the original bet
Men
Gushue -110
Jacobs +265
Koe +520
Bottcher +595
McEwen +1700
Dunstone +2100
Gunnlaugson +6100
Epping +6500
Horgan +8800

Women
Fleury +150
Homan +235
Einarson +245
Jones +815
Walker +2700
McCarville +3000
Scheidegger +3200
Rocque +3400
Harrison +6600

I'm surprised Gushue is that much of a favourite. I expected him in the +150 range, but not really surprised at the other numbers. If you want to bet on Gushue, bet on Province to Win the Men's Trials, it's at +106 and gives you right now an out with Dunstone. On the women's side, I'm not surprised about the odds.

I'll take Koe at those odds. If they played this 3 times he'd win 1. Would put couple bucks on Epping at those longshot odds. Would take Homan and longshot Walker.

11-19-21 02:56PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC
Men
Gushue -110
Jacobs +265
Koe +520
Bottcher +595
McEwen +1700
Dunstone +2100
Gunnlaugson +6100
Epping +6500
Horgan +8800

Women
Fleury +150
Homan +235
Einarson +245
Jones +815
Walker +2700
McCarville +3000
Scheidegger +3200
Rocque +3400
Harrison +6600

If Giant Moskowy hadn't gone down before the event, I really like the potential payoff on Dunstone at +2100. If it was just about making playoffs Gunner at +6100 is great, can see Gunner slipping into the playoff round, then faltering in the semi-final or final.

McCarville is the best value bet on the women's side.
Even though Fleury is the odds-on favorite to win the women's side - if she does it will then be viewed as a MASSIVE UPSET. JUST MASSIVE - considering she'd have to oust Homan, Einarons, Jones & McCarville.

11-20-21 06:40AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Opening Women's Draw - OT

Feature game on TSN will prolly be:
Jones vs. McCarville
but Russ & the TSN foreheads will prolly argue Einarson vs. Fleury is the better choice.
McCarville is a part-time curler on the Canadian scene so no matter how well her splendid defensive game holds up, she's not that well known. Jones is INSTANT TV with her roller-coaster style of play, too often throwing caution to the wind, throwing her players under the bus and those sickening apologies when promised shots fail.
JO vs. MC would be a battle of the #4 & #7 seeds.
Einarson v Fleury would feature the 1 & 3 seeds.
Why its important? Cuz the TSN style of coverage almost always refuses to switch cameras regardless of interest. They stick to the feature game and only have Cathy give little comments on whats going on until the end breaks and they show the last rock in other games that are of interest. NOTE to TSN, all the games are of interest.

Someone's gonna get slaughtered today!

11-20-21 08:12AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Obvious 1st draw men's game coverage on TSN =

GOO vs. BOTCH

11-20-21 02:44PM
Deliverer is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Coolbet has odds.... 11-18-21

Sports Interaction also has odds and currently they indicate that Einarson is the favorite, by the smallest of margins, to capture the women's event. She is followed closely by Homan and by Fleury who has now slipped to third. Jones remains a distant fourth.

11-20-21 05:52PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Harrison is giving Homan quite the game and ML favourite Jones was on fire against McCarville

11-20-21 06:06PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yeah, that was quite the pounding into submission. Jones at 99%. Homan and Einarson lose their first games. This might get interesting after all.

11-20-21 07:26PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Harrison is giving Homan quite the game and ML favourite Jones was on fire against McCarville

Next draw - Homan has to deal with perennial Ontario nemesis, and the best defensive team in women's game Krista McCarville.
Both teams coming off opening round losses. 2 losses will prolly get you into the playoffs - but this early? Bit of trouble for tomorrow's loser!

11-20-21 07:28PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

No question about it. Jones went TOTAL MONSTER today!

11-20-21 07:54PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

No question about it. Jones went TOTAL MONSTER today!

A lot of armchair curlers felt that Team Jones might turn it on for the trials