Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-30-21 02:30PM
curlingclips is online now Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

If you are mentally ill ..

In an ideal world, we would all treat each other with utmost respect. The underlying problem here is that you don't even treat the curlers with the utmost respect, and things just get worse from there.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-30-21 04:50PM
hogged again is online now Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

First end Hasselborg overthrows a takeout and misses. Russ says it's because the pebble is worn down. In the first end!
After 2 weeks of excellent announcing from the Sportsnet crew I'm not sure I can handle the TSN terrible trio.

04-30-21 05:10PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

It’s incredibly sad that this forum has degenerated into a juvenile name calling festival.
Honestly, it’s pathetic. The name calling, the piling on, etc. is at the level of uneducated adolescents. Just unfortunately immature people taking advantage that no-one really moderates this forum. That some doing the piling on are relatively new posters is quite disturbing.
If any of you believe that you’re being ‘clever’ by calling someone ‘an idiot’, and by piling on, you are in truth only revealing your own defective characters.

I don’t agree with everything ML writes, but I will defend his right to post what he does. If you disagree with him, that’s fine - do so in a mature and intelligent manner. But it seems that some are entirely incapable of this. How completely arrogant it is for someone to tell another poster what he should and should not be posting! It’s incredible. That ML’s posts disturb you so much is much more of a negative reflection on those who call him juvenile names than it is on ML.
And those of you calling him ‘sexist’ and ‘politically incorrect’, while supporting and agreeing with those who post far more grave and personal insults on this board, are the ultimate hypocrites.

It’s so sad that this - really the only message board dedicated to curling - is being ruined by people who have yet to grow out of their ugly adolescent behaviour.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-30-21 05:45PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

6th end in today's Hass vs. Einarson feature sponsored by Jennifer Jones.

Poor rock placement, especially on Kerri's final stone allows Anna to re-enter the game with a solidly earned deuce - but only cuz Kerri & Val blew themselves up!

04-30-21 05:50PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

...How completely arrogant it is for someone to tell another poster what he should and should not be posting! It’s incredible...

Relatively new poster here pointing out that’s exactly what you just did.

04-30-21 05:58PM
curlingclips is online now Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
How completely arrogant it is for someone to tell another poster what he should and should not be posting!

To be clear, I've only asked 2 things from ML: (i) to be more factual and make statements that are verifiable, and (ii) to have the decency to refer to curlers by proper names.

I come from a culture where someone's name is a powerful thing. This is less true in western culture, but there are still elements of this kind of basic respect and decency (Rumpelstiltskin, "sacre bleu", "G-d" instead of "God", etc.).

Referring to Jennifer Jones as JJ in writing is fine. Referring to John Morris as Johnnymo is fine.

Misspelling Anette Norberg as Annette Nordberg should be avoided, but it's understandable.

Referring to Anna Hasselborg as Hasselhoff is totally inappropriate in my opinion.

04-30-21 06:14PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Neither team that sharp in their Game 1 at worlds.

Val still hanging in with the world's best 3rd, trailing 83 to 75% after 8 ends.

Kerri missing several opportunities to extend leads or rack up bonus points. Could come back to haunt her.

Russ & Cheryl are bordering on atrocious in their first outing.

Vic barely conscious!

04-30-21 06:14PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

To be clear, I've only asked 2 things from ML: (i) to be more factual and make statements that are verifiable, and (ii) to have the decency to refer to curlers by proper names.

I come from a culture where someone's name is a powerful thing. This is less true in western culture, but there are still elements of this kind of basic respect and decency (Rumpelstiltskin, "sacre bleu", "G-d" instead of "God", etc.).

Referring to Jennifer Jones as JJ in writing is fine. Referring to John Morris as Johnnymo is fine.

Misspelling Anette Norberg as Annette Nordberg should be avoided, but it's understandable.

Referring to Anna Hasselborg as Hasselhoff is totally inappropriate in my opinion.

Good points. I think most people look to this forum for intelligent discussion on the game. This can include offbeat and controversial opinions. Agree that juvenile behavior, piling on, disrespectful language (including name calling) and incoherent ramblings take away from what I look to get out of this forum. Posters who habitually present incorrect facts or opinions presented facts lose credibility.

04-30-21 06:16PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

You know, you can put ML on your "ignore" list, under settings and won't have to read his posts and we can just stick with curling.

04-30-21 06:42PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

Relatively new poster here pointing out that’s exactly what you just did.

Not even remotely close.

I'm commenting on posts that included personal insults of another poster, piling on, etc. (of which you were a part), whereas the personal insult posts, piling on, and posts telling ML what he should and should not be writing were responses to general posts by ML, without any personal reference, nor insults, to any poster.

I'd say 'nice try' in trying to defend your behaviour... but it really wasn't a nice try - it was simply laziness.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-30-21 06:47PM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

You are saying that you want ML to conform to your personal perspective of what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'.
Who are you to demand that others write only from YOUR perspective??!
Is this a public message board, or is it your own personal creation, in which you've set explicit guidelines as to what is acceptable and what is not?
You seem to believe that posters here should be posting only to please you.

What's next? Are you going to tell us what colour shirt we should wear when we type our posts?

This is exactly what I'm referring to as being incredible arrogance.

Last edited by On The Nose on 04-30-21 at 06:51PM

04-30-21 06:51PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Decent but uneven first half of curling by Team Canada/Einarson.
However, 2nd half was all Sweden.
McManus demolished Sweeting.
Hasselborg stole Kerri's lunch money!

04-30-21 07:16PM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Canada blew that game.
They were in the driver's seat halfway through, as Sweden were struggling with the ice. All Canada had to do was maintain a mediocre level in the second half as Sweden improved their play.

The difference between the two teams in the first half of the game was quite large. But the difference between the two teams in the second half was even larger - and in the opposite direction.
Definitely a game that Canada should have won.

04-30-21 07:29PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Agree that Canada shouldn't have lost that game. They need to win a few in a row or things could get very ugly. With regard to ML he is often very annoying but calling Hasselborg Hasselhoff is over the top in my opinion.

04-30-21 07:44PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Odd that any Canadian team would bother with the worlds

Risk huge - reward ehhh

Kerri doomed to join bb and hundreds of other Canadian teams in the world graveyard

04-30-21 07:51PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Canada blew that game.
They were in the driver's seat halfway through, as Sweden were struggling with the ice. All Canada had to do was maintain a mediocre level in the second half as Sweden improved their play.

The difference between the two teams in the first half of the game was quite large. But the difference between the two teams in the second half was even larger - and in the opposite direction.
Definitely a game that Canada should have won.

Exactly! Sweden managed to unveil the formula for beating Kerri Einarson.

Keep up the pressure on both Val & Kerri w/ exacting shots from Agnes's 2nd stone thru Sara's pair & Anna's 2.

They did that very well coming down the stretch and managed to break Einarson.

Thought Kerri might go for the short raise double on her final stone after Anna buried on the side 4 ft. Maybe next time???

04-30-21 08:34PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

A loss like that, when you've been in total control of Sweden from End 1 could be devastating. Might even take the excessive giggle out of The Giggle Girls (Einarson & Sweeting).

But I don't think so. Einarson might be the designated slow-starter this week but I think she'll be around and pretty strong next weekend - for the medals!

04-30-21 08:44PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Odd that any Canadian team would bother with the worlds

Risk huge - reward ehhh

Kerri doomed to join bb and hundreds of other Canadian teams in the world graveyard

Not so odd; you can’t win If you don’t play. The opportunity to medal/win at a world championship is a huge reward according to every interview I have ever heard with a competitive curler.

Canada has a great record at the worlds, best of any nation by far. As the game grows internationally, other nations will have success.

04-30-21 08:49PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

One tough loss will not discourage me. It was 3 sweeping errors in the last 2 ends that were the difference not shot making in my opinion and the front end knows that and will get better.

And I also miss the Sportsnet crew after just one game of the babble gang. 😒

04-30-21 09:14PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
One tough loss will not discourage me. It was 3 sweeping errors in the last 2 ends that were the difference not shot making in my opinion and the front end knows that and will get better.

And I also miss the Sportsnet crew after just one game of the babble gang. 😒

Sveeping errors were caused by Sara & Ann H. out-curling Val & Kerri by a lot in the last 4 ends. Shannon did not have a great game. Only Briane held her bargain.

Val & Kerri were far too cavalier and giggly - but a game like this will suck the giggly out of you like you've never seen before!!!

04-30-21 10:13PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

One slightly sad addendum to today's collapse vs Sweden.
The so-called best judging tandem of Meilleur & Birchard blew the weight judgement on Kerri's final stone.
They really didn't know what they were doing, it appeared.
Val wasn't much help on the T as she quickly defaulted to drawing to the back Canada stone in a desperate attempt to eke out a win by a centimeter or 2.

That was totally unexpected by such a talented group of Canuck players - well-trained and so cognitive of weight & line.

Of course, immo the breakdowns were caused simply by Sara McManus & Hasselborg putting massive shooting pressure on both Canada's 3rd & skip.

04-30-21 11:52PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The guy is an azzhat. Always was. Always will be. That is a fact. Sorry if that bothers anyone.
Let the entertainment continue.

Last edited by guido on 04-30-21 at 11:55PM

05-01-21 08:32AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Hasselborg Train

With Einarson inexplicably letting Hasselborg off the hook in Friday's opening draw I suspect Anna & Co. will breeze thru the rest of the event - perhaps getting a bit of minor torment from USA Tabitha & of course, Alina Patz/Tirinzoni.
The only good think (I think) losing did for Einarson is take a whole bunch of giggle out of their game. Like The Garlic Girls, Team Einarson was quickly morphing into The Giggle Girls, even worse than Ferguson & Brown from Alberta. Should note that the giggling is 99% Val & Kerri; Meilleur & Birchard are mostly stone cold sober and ultra-focused.
Anna Hasselborg pulled off a "Jennifer Jones" last nite; curling 60% but relying on your opponents blunders & open misses to secure an undeserved win.

05-01-21 08:38AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Einarson & team were much sharper against Czech Republic last night. Kerri seemed more serious. Val curled 77% ok against that team but not good enough for the top teams.

Good to see them come back.

05-01-21 08:53AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

The only anger I see is coming from you, ML. You have been asked nicely several times to lay off the demeaning nicknames, misogyny, ageism, etc. You either ignore the request or lash out at the person who requested.

What a shame that you can’t do some self reflection and do better.

LIKE.