Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > World Men's Curling Championship: Reviews & Comments

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-04-21 09:11AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler
Why do they not have the sensor handles now? They had them yesterday.

Too many malfunctions so they changed off.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-04-21 09:14AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mowat

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

If that happens, we’ll see Kennedy come in. Might still see him for a game or 2...

Other than obvious injury I think Moulding will resist with fury the idea of him being replaced by Kennedy.

Before this season I would have dubbed Kennedy a slightly superior curler to Moulding - both in shooting and game management. Now, I'm not so sure.

While Kennedy may be able to match Moulding's shooting abilities - I'm not so sure a substitution wouldn't affect this team's amazing team dynamic. And thats the other reason, that if there's any way the doctors, chiropractors & physiotherapists can keep Moulding together - he'll go the distance.

A late round-robin resting of Moulding isn't a bad idea. Gives Kennedy a non-practice session feel of the ice & how he interacts with Bottcher & the front end. Especially if the game means diddly squat in the standings!

04-04-21 09:34AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

ICYMI, Moulding's back spasm turned out to be muscular and related to his shoulder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrPFo8i8KqM&t=17m20s

Specifically, it's diagnosed as NOT a spinal/disc-related issue. Prognosis is supposed to be good, or at least much better than what people typically fear when they hear "back injury" (which I don't think this was ever reported as).

Last edited by curlingclips on 04-04-21 at 09:36AM

04-04-21 10:11AM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Last Stone Draw

I could find the LRD stats during the scotties and brier but have not been able to find them for the world mens. Does anyone know how to access them?

04-04-21 10:15AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Swing Artist

Do you mean this?

https://world-curling-federation.s3...20Challenge.pdf

You can find these types of documents if you dig around WCF's site:

https://worldcurling.org/events/wmcc2021

04-04-21 11:28AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Love Swiss coach Vad Peterrson's "Swiss Cheese" germ mask!

Where can I get one?

Imagine they'd be $20 to $35 ea. plus shipping/handling & super-handling (to protect the cheese)

04-04-21 02:18PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Thinking bb 1st in 11 shud have been a draw in

Outcomes of those hail mary doubles is too predictable

Especially when the ones u hit are side by side

04-04-21 02:36PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Thinking bb 1st in 11 shud have been a draw in

Outcomes of those hail mary doubles is too predictable

Especially when the ones u hit are side by side

Tap top red one foot to the center line and Swiss don’t have a shot

04-04-21 02:56PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Tap top red one foot to the center line and Swiss don’t have a shot

Pretty much so . . .

Brought back memories of K-Mart Martin outsmarting himself at worlds 100 yrs back.

Coincidence son Karrick was on the ice and trying to get some words out so Bottcher & Moulding didn't botch up the extra. . . . . which they ended up doing anyways!

Trying to clean things up so you've got an open shot with your last - but you give Swiss cheese an out???

Not good. De Cruz was on Bottcher like a dog on a bone when Brendan botched up!

04-04-21 03:56PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

In at least one game Jansen has been on the bench for Canada. Does that mean he is the fifth for that game? Are you allowed to change fifth players?

04-04-21 05:14PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Swing Artist

So Moulding goes to the official and asks for a hogline watcher as he says the Ned 2nd is going over the hogline every time. TSN hears it but do they show any replays of the guy shooting to prove one way or the other if it's true? It's obvious TSN wants no part of any controversies but it's shoddy broadcasting if you don't address stuff like that.

04-04-21 06:06PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again
So Moulding goes to the official and asks for a hogline watcher as he says the Ned 2nd is going over the hogline every time. TSN hears it but do they show any replays of the guy shooting to prove one way or the other if it's true? It's obvious TSN wants no part of any controversies but it's shoddy broadcasting if you don't address stuff like that.

The game broadcaster is obviously terrified of getting involved in anything close to controversy!

04-04-21 07:23PM
UnattachedFC is online now Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by alex
In at least one game Jansen has been on the bench for Canada. Does that mean he is the fifth for that game? Are you allowed to change fifth players?

No, you can only have 2 people on the bench right now. Usually at worlds, you'd have 3, so they chose to have Janssen on the bench instead of Kennedy.

04-04-21 07:30PM
Bmalky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bmalky Find more posts by Bmalky Add Bmalky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bmalky
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

The game broadcaster is obviously terrified of getting involved in anything close to controversy!

Why does TSN need to prove it?Canada's front end had mentioned it earlier. I thought Moulding said he was over 3 times (out of 6 throws). He's within his right to ask for a hogline official. Both the front end and Moulding discussed his being over the hogline more than once, so where's the controversy?

04-04-21 08:48PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

No, you can only have 2 people on the bench right now. Usually at worlds, you'd have 3, so they chose to have Janssen on the bench instead of Kennedy.

So what is Janssen's status, if any. Can you have whoever you want on your bench?

04-04-21 08:51PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

TSN usually loves those Godzilla shots of Godzilla coming out of the water, sliding and focusing on the curler throwing, facial expressions, etc. til their rock is half-way down the ice. Now, with the Moulding request - TSN will prolly turn tail and not even show the completion of the player's slide. Thats not very good, is it?

04-04-21 08:53PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Bmalky

Why does TSN need to prove it?Canada's front end had mentioned it earlier. I thought Moulding said he was over 3 times (out of 6 throws). He's within his right to ask for a hogline official. Both the front end and Moulding discussed his being over the hogline more than once, so where's the controversy?

TSN does not need to prove it, your right, However, as the broadcaster the need to cover it and report it, good or bad. The producer in the truck after hearing the comments should have positioned the overhead camera at the hog line. Instead of showing the curlers face the first 5 seconds, show the overhead view.

Lord knows they show a rock that may or may not be a biter on the 12 foot 10 times from 6 different angles including zooming in with the hand held.

I'm a little miffed I missed the game for turkey dinner now. Didn't set the pvr. Maybe curling clips can post ta clip he video for us.

04-05-21 08:13AM
hackfreeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hackfreeze Find more posts by hackfreeze Add hackfreeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hackfreeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

Been wondering why they're not using sensor handles at the bubble? Scotties, Brier and now worlds - I think I see the mag strip buried in the ice - if the sensor handles are in use, we're not having this discussion. Weird to see these events go off with handles everyone has at their home club!

04-05-21 08:40AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

the sensors (software), never came in time for the Scottie's or the Brier. They tried them for the Worlds and they kept malfunctioning. So, they decided to go without using them.

04-05-21 08:50AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Hitting Paint

This is confusing to me. What is different with these handles over the ones used in all the events pre covid. I don’t even understand why they were missing from Scotties and brier. I assume that curling Canada has some of these handles in inventory from precovid why wouldn’t you just use those?

04-05-21 09:02AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Bmalky

TSN ain't the judge - I agree.
But they are the game broadcaster and should be giving us an unbiased analysis of such controversies.
Slithering under a rock and hiding from the public is not a good response!
Cover the matter at hand like you cover rocks that may or may not have hit the buttress, etc. Or slo-mo replays of burnt rocks!

04-05-21 09:03AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

TSN does not need to prove it, your right, However, as the broadcaster the need to cover it and report it, good or bad. The producer in the truck after hearing the comments should have positioned the overhead camera at the hog line. Instead of showing the curlers face the first 5 seconds, show the overhead view.

At every TV curling event that I've been to in person, the overhead cameras have been mounted on a single track allowing for horizontal motion over the centers of the houses so they can switch from one sheet to another. They have no track for moving in the vertical direction. They physically can't position them directly over the hog lines.

04-05-21 09:17AM
curlingclips
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
the sensors (software), never came in time for the Scottie's or the Brier. They tried them for the Worlds and they kept malfunctioning. So, they decided to go without using them.

Do you know for certain that the software malfunctioned in the early draws? Was it captured on camera?

The only malfunction I could find (and I didn't look very hard, mind you) was the broken handle in the GER vs JPN game.

https://youtu.be/y7_tUw5EB1U

If there were other malfunctions caught on video, let me know (which game, and what type of malfunction, timestamped link would be even better!), and I'll try to include it in the narrative.

04-05-21 09:28AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

Vic talked about it, they showed it and showed them changing the handles back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7_tUw5EB1U

Last edited by CURLER1 on 04-05-21 at 09:30AM

04-05-21 10:16AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Lol
Tsn and cc could care less about the viewers

They and the sponsors target potential purhasers of trucks , toilet paper, farm products , coffee etc with some loud commercial ( combines) and obnoxious children commercials and self promotion of network shows - dont bother to show lead rocks and plaster ice with silly annoying decals

Show only cdn games - youtube will take over soon in my humble opinion